The Pokemon Company says the recent Pokemon Home support announcement was a mistake

fjisdofsd.png

On Thursday, The Pokemon Company announced that six months after Scarlet and Violet's launch, Pokemon Home support would finally be added to the games on May 24th. That, however, was quickly walked back, because the official Pokemon Twitter account sent out an apology, claiming that Pokemon Home v3.0.0 still does not have an exact release date. The update is now "coming soon", with more information to arrive at a later date.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
BDSP doesnt count cause it was outsourced to ILCA (a bad move on TPCs part pretty sure if they did it (gamefreaka) it would be on HGSS level

Sword and Shield definitely feels unfinished even with the DLC.

And Scarlet and Violet are still an early buggy beta.

So many darn bugs there is no way they didn't knew the game was not ready and they launched it anyway.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given this franchise is basically how I've come to meet my wife, it's tremendously soul draining to see it degrade this much.

At present it still looks like gen 7 is going to be the last generation I even bother look at. Which is a shame because gen 9 in the tv show finally got rid of Ash.

I have a strong intolerance to blatantly broken games. It's why I avoid Bethesda like the plague. Game freak has yet to put out a functional game since.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So they're trying to cover up for a broken promise or a lie... Or both. Neat.

It's as if "Integrity" and "accountability for our fuck-ups" don't mean anything to them.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting to see one of their games finally tank and see what it would incentivize them to do.

Because been awhile since I've been excited for anything the Pokemon Company has announced, honestly hearing Pokemon Stadium 1&2 was coming to Online was THE highlight for me from anything in recent years. And that'll probably eat more of my time then any of the new games, still haven't even beat Scarlet since I just stopped caring.

1dkreally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
1dkreally.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be interesting to see one of their games finally tank and see what it would incentivize them to do.

Because been awhile since I've been excited for anything the Pokemon Company has announced, honestly hearing Pokemon Stadium 1&2 was coming to Online was THE highlight for me from anything in recent years. And that'll probably eat more of my time then any of the new games, still haven't even beat Scarlet since I just stopped caring.

I agree, at this rate the thing I want for the Pokemon franchise more than anything is for a rushed-release broken mess from them to sell horribly, and for GF to finally cop on and make a game that isn't awful. There'd be more time between releases, but I don't think pressuring the people working on the games to have a release pretty much every year is healthy anyways.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, at this rate the thing I want for the Pokemon franchise more than anything is for a rushed-release broken mess from them to sell horribly, and for GF to finally cop on and make a game that isn't awful. There'd be more time between releases, but I don't think pressuring the people working on the games to have a release pretty much every year is healthy anyways.

Them dropping GameFreak altogether might be even better. I'll be honest, every time I grab another one of the spin off Pokemon games like Stadium, Coliseum, Battle Revolution, Pokepark, surprise surprise they weren't made by GameFreak.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Them dropping GameFreak altogether might be even better. I'll be honest, every time I grab another one of the spin off Pokemon games like Stadium, Coliseum, Battle Revolution, Pokepark, surprise surprise they weren't made by GameFreak.
There's only one pokemon game spin off worth for me, it's the mystery dungeon series... WHERE THE HELL IS MY MD RELEASE FOR SWITCH!
I mean, we had the remake of the first one, but that's it... Just like they did with Link's Awakening, a remake with not much extra feature...

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only one pokemon game spin off worth for me, it's the mystery dungeon series... WHERE THE HELL IS MY MD RELEASE FOR SWITCH!
I mean, we had the remake of the first one, but that's it... Just like they did with Link's Awakening, a remake with not much extra feature...

Super was the last one and I never finished it so playing through it currently. And honestly I've lost hope for the majority of Nintendo's non-first party titles, it's just not the same drive for the side projects other than Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Mario...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.