Rumored successor to PlayStation Now, code-named Project Spartacus, is "pretty close to launching"

960x0.jpg

Late last year, Bloomberg reported that they had insider information on a new service that Sony was working on. Code-named Project Spartacus, it would merge both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now services and have multiple subscription tiers, with the most expensive one offering classic PlayStation games. A new report has come in, from VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb, as he discussed what he knew about Project Spartacus in a recent episode of the Giantbomb podcast.

He added on to previously teased information, and claimed that there will be three tiers to Spartacus: Essential, Extra, and Premium. Essential would pretty much be the existing PlayStation Plus offering, while Extra would add on a downloadable game catalog, similar to PlayStation Now. Lastly, the Premium tier would have the most features, such as cloud streaming, timed game trials, and "access to classic games", though Grubb was not certain what exactly those classic games would be, or what systems they would be from. According to his knowledge, that would be a major draw for the Premium tier.

These tiers would be $10, $13, and $16, respectively. Grubb also said that Project Spartacus is "probably getting pretty close to launching", with a possible announcement coming sometime in March.

Again, all of these prices and names could change. But this is the general outline of what to expect from Spartacus. And these features should make PS Plus look much stronger in comparison to Xbox Game Pass. While Sony will not include full versions of its blockbuster games in PS Plus on day one, game trials will at least give a bigger audience a chance to sample those games.

Sony is moving into a testing phase for Spartacus in the next few weeks. And it could announce the details of its new membership program in March — although that’ll depend on whether it is ready to roll out the service.

:arrow: Source

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because scalpers like YOU bought them all and ruined it for everyone else :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: is right. Because I bought them ALL. All 17+ million of them. I guess some people should learn how to score on a drop because I've had an extremely small amount of headache trying to get current gen consoles. Series X was even in stock for nearly 3 hours on Walmart on the 24th, yet people still crying they can't get one cuz "scalpers".

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not against this, it's Bloomberg which has been wrong about their Switch information for years in a row. So, you know, take anything they say with a whole shaker of salt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1