OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_pspgo_umd.jpg

Sony may have put aside plans to offer a UMD solution for PSPgo owners, but a third-party may be stepping up to the plate. Logitech is rumored to have a UMD drive add-on planned for Sony's download-only device.

CVG cites an unnamed source in its report, pegging an external UMD reader that will let PSPgo owners play their hard copies and "make the PSP a little bulky." Bulkier than the PSPgo camera adapter?

Take the possibility of a UMD add-on as rumor for now, but someone would be wise to make the PSPgo more attractive to owners of the PSP-3000 and its ancestors.
Source.

If this is true, i may actually consider getting a GO.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Why? Thats just dumb. Might as well as just get a regular PSP then. Its cheaper and it can run your umds without looking like a clunky brick. The possibility for some downloadable game shouldn't be enough to warrant the huge price tag. Its not like the games are cheaper. There not even coming out on the same day from what I heard with little big planet.

psp go=disaster

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
luke_c said:
Why? Thats just dumb. Might as well as just get a regular PSP then. Its cheaper and it can run your umds without looking like a clunky brick. The possibility for some downloadable game shouldn't be enough to warrant the huge price tag. Its not like the games are cheaper. There not even coming out on the same day from what I heard with little big planet.

psp go=disaster
Price has gone down to £140 in UK and the UMD add-on would essentially make it a regular PSP just with the added extras, I don't care about size as bigger is always better
smileipb2.png

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UMD or no UMD the controls are worse than before, had a play on one in store at Game. There still isn't a reason for a Go, which is why says of PSP 3000 have increased and beat it.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's maybe the dumbest idea ever. Play your UMD titles on a smaller screen, using a vastly inferior analog nub, yeah that sounds great. Not to mention that PSP Go actually has worse batter life than the UMD models. I'm sure this device will make things even worse.

Call me when you can do the monster hunter claw on PSP Go. Until then PSP Go, GTFO

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
luke_c said:
dinofan01 said:
luke_c said:

psp go=disaster
Price has gone down to £140 in UK and the UMD add-on would essentially make it a regular PSP just with the added extras, I don't care about size as bigger is always better
smileipb2.png

What extras are those?

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
PSP 2000 = ok (i still think psp 3000 is unnecesairy for psp2000 owners to get) (but for new owners its cool)
psp slim = great
psp go = bleckh

DS Phat = ok
DSlite = great
DSi = great

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Range-TE said:
PSP 2000 = ok (i still think psp 3000 is unnecesairy for psp2000 owners to get) (but for new owners its cool)
psp slim = great
psp go = bleckh

DS Phat = ok
DSlite = great
DSi = great

What's DS's gotta do with this thread
tongue.gif
?

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
Range-TE said:
psp slim = great
psp go = bleckh

DS Phat = ok
DSlite = great
DSi = great

tongue.gif
?

Fanboys

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SPH73 said:
deanxxczx said:
Range-TE said:
psp slim = great
psp go = bleckh

DS Phat = ok
DSlite = great
DSi = great

tongue.gif
?

Fanboys

No actually, this thread is about the PSP Go.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Range-TE said:
psp slim = great
psp go = bleckh

DS Phat = ok
DSlite = great
DSi = great
psp2000=pspslim
you must mean psp1000 aka pspphat

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't the point of having a Go to be RID of the UMD slot?

Besides, even if an add-on was released, Sony would need to program compatibility for it in the firmware -- which isn't happening because the main staple for PSP Go is the fact that it doesn't need UMD discs.

I have a Go, and I love it. Moreso than the PSP Slim. I actually enjoy it when I cannot pirate on it
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Splych said:
PSPgo + UMD Add-on = Pricey
PSP 2000 = Not Pricey

What's the point...? The PSP 2000 is clearly cheaper and is hackable =]

Well if the UMD Add-on could get homebrew somehow through a game then it's all good
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-