Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
report-playstation-vita-release-date-leaked-20110621071134786.jpg

Online retailer Shopto.net has posted a release date of November 4 2011 for Sony's next-generation handheld, the PlayStation Vita. The UK-based retailer has listed Wi-Fi and 3G versions of the console for pre-order, with UK RRP stated as £229.99 and £279.99 respectively.

In pre-order listings, Shop-To has priced games at £40.

At E3, Sony announced that the PS Vita would be launched "in the global market starting the end of 2011", listing the international prices as:

Wi-Fi Model: ¥24,980 (inc. tax), $249 and €249

3G/Wi-Fi Model: ¥29,980 (inc. tax), $299 and €299

Worried about the relative price of Sony's new handheld in your region? We quizzed Michael Denny, Sony's Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe at E3, and he confirmed that - to the best of his knowledge - Vita would be region free. [/p]

Source

For the other regions (outside of maybe Japan), it should be around that date if the rumor is true. Still, it could just be a screw-up, as most online shops do.

Still, if it's around November, I'll be sure to nab one, hopefully for Christmas.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read that as April 11th, 2011... and I though, "Well, that doesn't make any sense..."

I think it's a European thing to put day/month/year.

Anyway, sounds like it could be true. I don't think I'll be picking up one. If I do, it will be a very long time after launch.

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody really needs to tell Sony that £1 certainly does not equal €1. Assuming the prices listed are in any way accurate of course.

If this is true there'll be a fair amount of UK punters importing from Europe. Especially if the exchange rate improves between now and Xmas.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:
I read that as April 11th, 2011... and I though, "Well, that doesn't make any sense..."

Anyway, sounds like it could be true. I don't think I'll be picking up one. If I do, it will be a very long time after launch.
Yeah that is the way we write it in most of Europe. I think some of the Eastern Europeans write it YMD and possibly Sweden.
EDIT Actually checking on wiki it would appear it is not a European thing at all. Most of the world does it day/month/year

They really are taking the piss if they make the UK price the same numerically as the US price.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
UK prices were up on amazon for a while now.
Just as I thought.
US $249 = UK £229

Even though $250 = £160
How can they justify that? We always get done up the bottom on pricing. Although Australians usually get done over way worse than us. Poor buggers! We appear to be subsidising low prices for North America.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Miss Panda said:
Tanveer said:
Just as I thought.
US $249 = UK £229

Even though $250 = £160
How can they justify that? We always get done up the bottom on pricing. Although Australians usually get done over way worse than us. Poor buggers! We appear to be subsidising low prices for North America.

US price won't include tax. Knock the vat of ours and it becomes $249 and £194. Still £34 more than a straight conversion, but unfair to compare price with tax and price without.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
Miss Panda said:
Tanveer said:
Just as I thought.
US $249 = UK £229

Even though $250 = £160

US price won't include tax. Knock the vat of ours and it becomes $249 and £194. Still £34 more than a straight conversion, but unfair to compare price with tax and price without.
Yeah I know that, it doesn't change anything though. If Sony tried charging North Americans $55 more than us I predict there would be a riot.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Miss Panda said:
awssk8er said:

Yeah that is the way we write it in most of Europe. I think some of the Eastern Europeans write it YMD and possibly Sweden.
EDIT Actually checking on wiki it would appear it is not a European thing at all. Most of the world does it day/month/year

They really are taking the piss if they make the UK price the same numerically as the US price.

Yep, we do that in Sweden
smile.gif
either YYMMDD or YYYYMMDD (but we also write DDMMYYYY sometimes as well)

On topic: if the release date is correct, I might get one for christmas
smile.gif
and I'm not shocked about the price...

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I'm not buying it for that price, it'll probably sell like mad in North America though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Miss Panda said:
Tanveer said:
Just as I thought.
US $249 = UK £229

Even though $250 = £160

you just need to know where to shop so you dont get charged tax
ninja.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo