TheFloW releases Trinity, the third public PS Vita jailbreak

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, May 5, 2019.

1. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    Just to give you a clear answer - no, not worth upgrading, it's not a permanent hack and Enso still won't work on anything over 3.65.

So a quick summary, if it helps anyone -

3.60 is still the best firmware if you want an easy hack as you can install Henkaku from the web browser, then optionally install Enso to autoboot Henkaku.
    On 3.65 you'll need the h-encore app to install Henkaku, so that's a little trickier as you need to get the app onto the Vita using QCMA, but then you also have the option to install Enso. The only advantage 3.65 has over 3.60 is native compatibility with more games, but for the most part you're not going to see any difference between native compatibility and reF00D/rePatch plugins.
    On 3.68 you can still use h-encore but not Enso, so you'll have to install Henkaku again after every reboot, but it's possible to downgrade using modoru if you want to use Enso.
    And now on 3.70 it's possible to use Trinity to install Henkaku but Enso still won't work, but again it's possible to downgrade.

2. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    So for everyone that is n00b and just has a PSVita/PSVitaTV:

1. Download the game from the e-shop
    2. Install the tools that are needed. PSVIMGTools is also available as a Python frontend.
    3. Copy the game to pc
    4. Patch the game file by using the PSVIMGTool
    5. Sign and pack the new package and copy back
    6. Restant your console
    7. Run Trinity
    8. Download VitaShell (3th option)
    9. Then install the other file (2nd option)

Then you have “hacked” your PSVita.

You can install Adrenaline.vpx and Antiblacklist.vpx. You are now totally ready. If you play online and safe: just connect to the internet. If you need the hacked stuf, run trinity and you are good to go.
    oh well Lets see how to get past that. Some savegame here or there

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    There's actually a plugin that let's you use motion controls with a controller, it's called DSMotion.
    It was a pretty big deal back when it first came out because people could finally clear Uncharted Golden Abyss on a PSTV.

4. B4rtj4h

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Oh Will try that!

5. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    As for backups? I tried copying the vpk via vitashell but always get an error at the end. How do you copy them over?

6. B4rtj4h

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    What is the error?

7. werdy

werdy Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    Hungary
    Red Soul Sacrifice Premium OLED Vita has been exploited (Trinity), downgraded from latest firmware to v3.60 (Modoru), and fully exploited with Henkaku Enso. Thanks for all developers who contributed to these projects! :)

CTR640 and KyleHyde like this.
  8. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    I'm familiarizing with dumping methods, I just had the nonpdrm plugin activated in the wrong cfg file.

everything works now!

I also have a PSTV, if I just want all my games to work on it, I guess I have to keep it modded, I remember the old messaging hack allowed the withelist to be modified and it remained that way until the next update. I guess I could hack it too, I'm particularly interested in the plugin allowing console movement detection. I'm a total noob on how to install plugins though, I added it in the right folder and added the nonrdpm manually in the config.txt...

Gonna Keep everything as temporary. thanks to theFloW

Last edited by The Frenchman, May 7, 2019
  9. darky2003

darky2003 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    Belgium
    Downgraded sucessfully to 3.65!!!! yay

Last edited by darky2003, May 7, 2019
  10. B4rtj4h

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    I have hacked the VitaTV. With Adrenaline on it as well. Copy the roms to the ISO folder and you are good to go

11. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Is someone able to create a video guide for this set up this hack? I don't really get the seventh step. I am required to install some programs and I am kinda stuck on it.

12. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    Follow this video:

werdy and Langin like this.
  13. B4rtj4h

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    `or send me a PM. I am also dutch btw ;).

14. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Has anyone here installed Trinity using Psvimgtools-Easy-FrontEnd rather than the standard Psvimgtools? I'm interested to hear whether it simplified the process or created unforseen issues - I'm planning on Trinity-ing my PSTV sometime soon, and as it's been a while since I last went through hacking and configuring tai folders and the like, I want to go with the simplest and most streamlined setup.

B4rtj4h likes this.
  15. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    I tried that but it won't let me assign my ID so I deleted as I have given up on it.

16. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like an odd issue though - I remember using an older version of the Psvimgtools Easy Frontend a year or so back to install h-encore and I didn't have any problems, but I'll bare in mind what you've said when I try it with Trinity.

17. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yea, it's odd as my ID is there and qmca recognizes my ID without problem. Have you seen the video I posted on how to install Trinity?

18. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Yeah, I've not watched all of it yet, but I will before I do my Trinity install - I need to reinstall Windows on my PC before I can do anything else though, otherwise I'd have installed Trinity a couple of days ago.

19. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Nice. Meu Vita is runing henkaku enso after 3.70 downgrade to 3.60