Rumor: Halo 1 being remade with Reach engine?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE said:
See? Doesn't that make loads of sense? Now it looks like what it is: a counter statement.
I'm going to have to ask you to stop taking what I say out of context. Not only is it very rude, it makes you look less intelligent.

Actually, no it doesn't, it still makes it look like you are saying "Yeah but Sony and Nintendo don't release the same game every year.

QUOTEAre you stupid?
Coming from the man who throws the term "Xbot" around, right?
That is what I'm saying. They don't release the same game every year.
What part of that says that Halo does?

Ya know, you could just answer the question.

Nobody said they did. I said "It's not like Sony and Nintendo doesn't milk their stuff" And then you came in saying "They don't release stuff every year". Nobody brought that up but you. So either you were meaning that they don't but Microsoft does, or you're just trolling here for the sake of trolling. Because like I said, nobody brought up the fact they do it every year, you did.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Nobody said they did. I said "It's not like Sony and Nintendo doesn't milk their stuff" And then you came in saying "They don't release stuff every year". Nobody brought that up but you. So either you were meaning that they don't but Microsoft does, or you're just trolling here for the sake of trolling. Because like I said, nobody brought up the fact they do it every year, you did.

You mean he made a post in a HALO thread about how HALO games are the exact same thing every time and they should just release them all as DLC, and now he's saying that he wasn't even talking about halo? Wow!

For people reading this thread wondering what's going on, here is the whole post. Decide on the context for yourself.

QUOTEWell actually, Nintendo and Sony don't release a game with their main characters every year just to make a profit. So I wouldn't call it milking.
Also, whenever they do they always have a major change along with it, gameplay is very rarely identical from game-to-game.

Halo games are the same every time they're released and could easily be DLC rather than a $60 disc.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
ShadowSoldier said:
_Chaz_ said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Yeah, because Nintendo and Sony aren't guilty of milking their big names either...

Well actually, Nintendo and Sony don't release a game with their main characters every year just to make a profit. So I wouldn't call it milking.
Also, whenever they do they always have a major change along with it, gameplay is very rarely identical from game-to-game.

Halo games are the same every time they're released and could easily be DLC rather than a $60 disc.

I wasn't aware Halo does that.

Halo: CE - November 15, 2001
Halo 2 - November 9, 2004
Halo 3 - September 25, 2007
Halo: ODST - September 22, 2009
Halo Reach - September 14, 2010

Yeah, that seems like an every year release schedule to me. And don't even bother bringing up Halo Wars because that wasn't made by Bungie.

Also, don't use the term "Xbot", it actually makes the person who says it, look like the bigger idiot.
ShadowSoldier said:
Oh wow, you got me.
Nice arguing with you, Xbot.

If feigning ignorance to try and win an argument is how you debate, I think I'm done with you.

QUOTE(Law @ Dec 1 2010, 06:05 PM)
You mean he made a post in a HALO thread about how HALO games are the exact same thing every time and they should just release them all as DLC, and now he's saying that he wasn't even talking about halo? Wow!
Of course I was talking about Halo. I just never said that they release the same game every year, which was the whole argument.

You're a lot smarter in the ShoutBox, but in threads you actually have to read what people post.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Well actually, Nintendo and Sony don't release a game with their main characters every year

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE SAYING!

You said that, which really made it sound as if you're saying "Microsoft releases Halo every year". Because nobody brought up anything about Sony or Nintendo releasing the same thing every year. We just said they milk it. You brought up the whole year thing. Of course anybody reading is going to say "wow, Chaz thinks they release Halo every year?"

And stop using the term Xbot, seriously. You're coming off as a retard everytime you say that. It's like I start saying "lol $ony paid Chaz to bash halo lololol"

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE said:
Well actually, Nintendo and Sony don't release a game with their main characters every year

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE SAYING!

You said that, which really made it sound as if you're saying "Microsoft releases Halo every year". Because nobody brought up anything about Sony or Nintendo releasing the same thing every year. We just said they milk it. You brought up the whole year thing. Of course anybody reading is going to say "wow, Chaz thinks they release Halo every year?"

And stop using the term Xbot, seriously. You're coming off as a retard everytime you say that. It's like I start saying "lol $ony paid Chaz to bash halo lololol"

You said that they milked. Milking would be releasing a similar game every year (or at least that's how I see it). You then fired back with some baseless argument saying that what you thought I said is what I said, which it was not.

Smart people wouldn't think that at all, actually. Only you and Law thought that, and I'm not about to think that your combined IQ is anything significant.

Why should I stop using the term "Xbot"? I think it's a clever term that accurately describes a lot of people now-a-days.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, milking, if anything is this.

Mario Party one year.
Mario AAA title the next.
Mario Kart the same year.
Mario [sports game] next year.
Mario Party one year.
Mario [other type of sports game] one year.

That's milking.

QUOTE said:
Why should I stop using the term "Xbot"? I think it's a clever term that accurately describes a lot of people now-a-days.

You think wrong then. At first it was okay back when the Xbox first came out, not anymore though. Looks like the person who said it look like the bigger dumbass.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
No, milking, if anything is this.

Mario Party one year.
Mario AAA title the next.
Mario Kart the same year.
Mario [sports game] next year.
Mario Party one year.
Mario [other type of sports game] one year.

That's milking.

QUOTE said:

You think wrong then. At first it was okay back when the Xbox first came out, not anymore though. Looks like the person who said it look like the bigger dumbass.
That sounds like the milking of a character, yes, but not of a specific game line.
btw, wtf is "Mario AAA"?

Wow, stop being so butthurt, Xbot.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Raging Nintendo fanboys vs. raging Microsoft fanboys.

I agree, very 4chan in here.

My two cents: Mario and Halo both get adequately milked by their publishers. I personally think a remake of the first Halo is pointless, as the gameplay is indeed very similar to the other games, and if someone wants to have the experience of playing Halo 1, then they can go pick up Halo 3. To me, the main titles of the Mario series aren't really milking (for example, compare Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Sunshine and it'd be hard to say they're the same game), but it's 100% undeniable that Mario Party and most Mario sports games are shameless cash-ins.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
sure is 4chan in here
Sure is butthurt in here.

EDIT:

This argument has spanned for about 2 pages, and I need to know: Why has a mod not come in and deleted it?
I doubt that it's relevant to the actual thread topic and it's nothing more than us whining.

ON TOPIC:

Seeing as Halo was the one Halo title that didn't make me hate Xbox, perhaps this is a good move.

Though is Halo really old enough to need a remake?
If nothing else, this promotes the stereotype that so called "hardcore" gamers (seriously, what a fucking joke) care about nothing more than graphical quality.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario AAA = AAA title. As in Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine.

Basically the main titles. Sonic has been in kart racers, but Sonic the platforming games = AAA titles.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

Basically the main titles. Sonic has been in kart racers, but Sonic the platforming games = AAA titles.
Thank you for clearing that up, though what does AAA stand for?

I've searched everywhere, and not even UrbanDictionary has that entry for the term.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Sonic the platforming games = AAA titles.
I wouldn't say Sonic Heroes, Unleashed and 06 would count as AAA titles.
Jus' sayin

_Chaz_ said:
QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Dec 1 2010, 07:02 PM) Mario AAA = AAA title. As in Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine.

I've searched everywhere, and not even UrbanDictionary has that entry for the term.
AAA = Top quality game.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
_Chaz_ said:
ShadowSoldier said:

AAA = Top quality game.
I still don't understand the term, but I accept the usage.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
ShadowSoldier said:

It'd probably be pronounced out loud as 'triple A'. I don't think it really stands for anything.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
I have played Halo games. I don't care for them at all. I've played the first one, the second one and a bit of the third one. Every time I had the same experience.

God of War, I'll give to you, it's only the story that changes.
Perhaps the Mario series wasn't a great example on your part. I defy you to play Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3, and World and tell me that they are the same game. Same with Mario Kart, though not major changes, you can hardly compare Super Mario Kart to Mario Kart Wii.
CoD isn't a Sony franchise at all, and I've seen many more Xbots rave about it anyway.

In response to your first edit: No shit, Sherlock. However, a lot of companies release their games to allow people to have fun.

In response to your second edit: We weren't talking about hardware, though it's typical of an Xbot to bring it up. What peripherals are you talking about? Have you bought Kinect? Do you use it often and enjoy it?
Nice job calling me an Xbot when I am closer to a Nintendo fanboy/PC gamer. Mario what really changes in 1-3?Some slight physics?A few new powers?Levels? Nothing really major considering they are all on the Nes. World brought some new things. Nothing has really changed that much in Mario Kart besides the bikes in the wii version and two characters in double dash(my favorite). I brought up CoD because it is a franchise with usually small amounts of change.
The reason I brought up hardware was because it is part of miliking a fanbase. Wii motion + wii speak are things rarely used.

I have not bought Kinect. Is it on my immediately buy list? no. Is it on my something that may be interesting/fun list?yes.
The Kinect is almost immediately sold when stores get them in which tells me a lot of people are finding it fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...