T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
New game from Sony and FROM SOFTWARE, PS4 Exclusive, name trademarked, possible E3 Reveal?

The seal is broken! The eldritch magicks separating the land of Man from the realm of the gods has been breached. The corruption of the mortals bleeds into the Empyrean, twisting paradise into an abode of untold horrors. Gods gone mad devour angels and rain curses down upon the faithful, while demons break free from their prisons and set themselves on high. The darkening of Heaven beckons warriors from beyond the Nexus, and the Destiny of Spirits falls into the hands of the brave few.

• Embark on a crusade through the twisted wastes of the Empyrean, an open world like no other
  • Battle monstrous gods and their minions in challenging, skill-driven combat
  • Play cooperatively online with up to three other companions, or haunt the worlds of strangers
  • Gather materials, build weapons and items from scratch, and customize your gear
  • Designed from the ground up for the next-generation PlayStation 4 console
  • Take the Empyrean anywhere with PlayStation Vita Remote Play functionality
It sounds like the best bits of both Demons and Dark Souls! Praise the Sun!
If I had to pick the best new IP to come out of current gen it would have to be the Souls series. Both challenging and rewarding, I got 1000/1000 on DaS 360 and am working on platinum for DS.

The anywhere Vita comment is interesting too, suggesting remote play from anywhere with a wifi connection, and not just the home network.

My soul is ready! What about yours?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Not sure if serious?
Dark Souls II is still coming to PS3 and 360 but this game is supposedly a sequel to the PS3 only Demon's Souls and will be PS4 exclusive.
Love your sig btw.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Not sure if serious?
Dark Souls II is still coming to PS3 and 360 but this game is supposedly a sequel to the PS3 only Demon's Souls and will be PS4 exclusive.
Love your sig btw.

Hehe yeah, thanks, i love it also :D
I hope another PC version will come out (not like i finished the first one but ok.. :P )

I just finished playing Castlevania aria of sorrow GBA and the game reminded me of Dark Souls xD
2D Dark Souls with sprites (Castlevania style) could be cool haha xP

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be awesome if true. Finally Platinum'd Demon Souls and about to start Dark Souls again, such amazing games.

Not sure if I'd want it on my Vita though....might fling it at the wall out of rage, or accidentally drop it when something scares the crap out of me. (Nearly broke a ps3 controller after my first encounter with a mimic lol)

Kurly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If true then it's a day 1 PS4 buy for me.
I'm also hoping the Sony confrence brings about Versus XIII and The Last Guardian after all these years.
Any news of Persona news would be the cherry on top, though given Atlus, it'd be PS3 most likely.

Reactions: Qtis

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it make me a wimp to prefer co-oping these games with my brother. Not so much to shake down the difficulty but because I like the compatriotism. IT was especially cool 2v2ing Ornstien and Smough. It's like we're really there in the game world when we play together.

That being said, I really hope they make it easier to synch with buddies than it was in Dark Souls. It would error message often, drop people often or have spots where you couldn't summon them until objectives were met (plus there was a soul level requirement but that never really seemed to be that much of a problem). That being said, I still enjoyed the hell out of it and even dug up the platinum trophy.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Welp! Just turned on my PS3 to play some Demons Souls and my 30ish hr save is corrupted!
I backed it up to PS+ yesterday around midday so I'm hoping it'll be ok but it won't let me download it until 2.30pm today.. kinda lame you can only use the storage once every 24hrs.
2hrs is going to feel like forever I hope it is OK :/

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Welp! Just turned on my PS3 to play some Demons Souls and my 30ish hr save is corrupted!
I backed it up to PS+ yesterday around midday so I'm hoping it'll be ok but it won't let me download it until 2.30pm today.. kinda lame you can only use the storage once every 24hrs.
2hrs is going to feel like forever I hope it is OK :/

OMG corrupted :O 30ish hours.. i played mine for 64ish hours, i hope it does not corrupt xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them