BlizzCon news summary: Warcraft 3 Remaster, WoW Classic, new Overwatch hero

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    Canada
    WC3 is nice. Am I bad for not even wanting Destiny 2 for free lol?!

zfreeman and MarkDarkness like this.
  2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Wew summer 2019 for WoW Classic is horrendous. Hopefully there are some actually good announcements tomorrow.
    Don't fuck this up Blizzard. Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 remaster. That's all the world is asking for.

3. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    All I want is a remaster of Diablo 1 (no, the Diablo 3 thing doesn't count).
    sometimes less is more and Diablo 1 was simple and fun because of that.

Maximilious likes this.
  4. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Wow! From bow to a semi-automatic rifle, I'm digging this new Ashe. xD

Looking forward to Warcraft III: Reforge DotA version. xD

Loved the new character for HotS. The engine still sucks though.

Yikes, Diablo on mobile? I hope this won't be the end of that franchise. I hope it'll be a good game.

Blizzard still amazes me with their cinematics. They should make a movie or something with their cinematic team. No live-action. Just pure CGI cinematics. That'd be awesome.

5. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    They show the old models in the trailer, and they definitely don't hold up so well by today's standards. No matter how much you crank the resolution up everything is still quite blocky, massive polygons. Fair game to remaster stuff from the early 2000s I think, and WC3 was released 2002. Also it's a good way to revive the player base.

Additionally I think WC3 caught lightning in a bottle, and today's Blizzard staff wouldn't be able come close to replicating such a great RTS with WC4.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 3, 2018
  6. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Before the BlizzCon started they made a blog post which widely was regarded as "No Diablo 4 on BlizzCon this year", I'm pretty sure there is no D4 announcement this year. A couple of weeks ago they said that there're 4 Diablo projects in the making. They already revealed the D3 port for NX and now the mobile game, we can be pretty sure D4 is one of the projects which means one unannounced project left. Dosn't looks to bad for your D2 remaster, maybe they announce it on the Con :)

Last edited by VitaType, Nov 3, 2018
  7. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm ready for mapmaking in warcraft 3 again. I missed those days!

8. DKB

DKB ...!

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    Oohhh, ho ho boy. People are upset about that mobile game*, jesus.

Last edited by DKB, Nov 3, 2018 - Reason: idk why the fk i said port
  9. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
  10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Mostly to bring old games to modern hardware. There's generations who haven't played it.

Noctosphere likes this.
  11. Noctosphere

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    haha, I'm still playing wc3

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    wow talk about your sack of shit

13. Noctosphere

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    huh...? me...?

14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's like companies forgot how to make new games they just keep making the same games over and over or remastering them over and over ea, ubisoft, blizzard even Nintendo are doing it. gaming is starting to become a big joke these days filled with nothing but remasters and rehashes and crappy indies and weeb games chocking steam to death. i have a 1080 ti that barely gets used because of all this shit going on and i'm getting tired of it. :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Nov 3, 2018
  15. CrossOut

CrossOut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Destiny Two being free is great but just a fair warning it is an 80 gigabit install.

16. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    It also shares your battlenet info with activision (which i call bullshit, they've been doing it for years now secretly, i refuse to believe they haven't been).

Still though, free game for mah new computer, and I admit, it looks crazy good graphically.

17. CrossOut

CrossOut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I heard about it sharing your account info with Activision. That does not bother me. Aye a free game is almost always good. As for graphics I have a mid range pc so it will look alright, as long as it plays fine then im happy.

18. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Off-topic, but I just got the Acer Predator Helios 300, 2018 edition this past wednesday, and I've been amazed how some games look when run on proper high end hardware.

On-topic, aye, couldn't give a shit about sharing info with Acti because, like I said, i'm sure they've been doing it secretly for years anyways.

19. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    I am actually shocked and embarrassed by the Diablo fans who are lashing out about the mobile diablo game. Can people really BE any more entitled?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I remember when game companies didn't release a new game every year and actually took time and effort into making new and innovative games, or actually pushing a franchise or genre forward rather than rehashing the same game in a different skin and calling it "Revolutionary!". It's people like you who expect a brand new game from the same IP year after year that is actually part of the problem and forcing companies to have strict deadlines and releasing unfinished and unpolished games.

I for one love remasters/remakes because it allows me to go back to games I loved but find it hard to go back to due to the very dated graphics or mechanics, or whatnot. It also gives game developers to give us something to do/play while waiting (patiently) for the next new big game to come out. This also includes mobile games :) - Especially if it helps fund their next big game (Hopefully Diablo 4)

Last edited by Nomelas, Nov 3, 2018
  20. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Considering they've been waiting 4 years for new Diablo content, and got a pay to win, microtranscation filled, reskin of a shite korean mobile game..... I think the anger is well justified.

Maximilious likes this.