Hardware [Rumor] 3DS Lite is in the works

SynnFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What advantage would a 3DS lite have over the 3DS? The only one I can think of would be battery life. And that's not enough of a reason to release a whole new system.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys keep thinking too DS --> DS Lite ish. Just because it got smaller that's not necessarily what Ninty would do with a revision, seeing as it is, as you have all said, already small enough. I can think of plenty of improvements for a '3DS Lite':
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • Fix the screen scratch problem
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Better hardware for smoother / better system features
  • Bigger touch screen
  • Smoother / sleeker casing

Reactions: 2 people
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys keep thinking too DS --> DS Lite ish. Just because it got smaller that's not necessarily what Ninty would do with a revision, seeing as it is, as you have all said, already small enough. I can think of plenty of improvements for a '3DS Lite':
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Bigger touch screen

I have to disagree with the second analog stick.

Do I have to remind you people of how many add-ons were released for the previous Nintendo handhelds? None of them were built in in the next revision of any of the previous Nintendo handhelds.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Bigger touch screen

I have to disagree with the second analog stick.

Do I have to remind you people of how many add-ons were released for the previous Nintendo handhelds? None of them were built in in the next revision of any of the previous Nintendo handhelds.

It was an example... :glare: Jeez, use your common sense. It also depends on how often the 'add-on' gets used. For example the wii remote plus was just an add-on at one point until it did actually get developed into every wii remote.

jaymattic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a 3ds lite would be ludicrous, it already feels too small and light for my tastes :/

you should get the Nyko extended battery pack. It adds not only 2-3x battery life, but also just enough bulk and weight to the system to give it a much more comfortable feel.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to also disagree with the scratch fix. It would unfair on the already large amount of people who own the "original" model. Making a new model and saying "Get stuffed, you need to buy another" is not Nintendo's attitude.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
a 3ds lite would be ludicrous, it already feels too small and light for my tastes :/
Weight != Size

They might just use lighter/better components. Lite is just a speculated name for the redesign - right now we might just as well name it 3DS Grape.

Thing is, it's more than likely that Nintendo's working on a revision. Look at how quickly they released the Lite, then the i and i XL. There IS a revision comming.

Why? Because people who purchased the 3DS, or at least 1/3 of them will buy a 3DS "Grape", such is the nature of fans.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Weight != Size

They might just use lighter/better components. Lite is just a speculated name for the redesign - right now we might just as well name it 3DS Grape.

Thing is, it's more than likely that Nintendo's working on a revision. Look at how quickly they released the Lite, then the i and i XL. There IS a revision comming.

Why? Because people who purchased the 3DS, or at least 1/3 of them will buy a 3DS "Grape", such is the nature of fans.

Yeah. There is no doubt a revision is in the works. It's only speculation with no proof of what changes will be made, as well as a release date. I would honestly trade in my 3DS for an XL version (if I could transfer my stuff over during the trade). Me and my big hands.

RichardLaughter

Trophies
XP
as i just said in another thread, the likely hood of the 3ds being lighter in the next revision is doubtful. im betting on either same size or heavier. unlike the original ds, the 3ds is already in a slim format, so there is no need for a shrink down. if anything nintendo will probably make an XL model, adding bigger screens, another circle pad, higher resolution camera's, and without a doubt, a stronger battery. might also be some software change too, because of the wiiu is gonna add an appstore as rumours have said, then the possibility of the 3ds getting it is there......if the rumour ends up being true. we will just have to wait and see :)

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I HATE U NINTENDO!!!!
im only getting this if they add HD camera to it
and mybe some other cool stuff!
but battary life + slimer is just not cutting it for me.
( i only got 3ds for kh and i think the game will run as smoth as it is on the 3dsLite) + if graphics r the same im in no way to buying it :)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to also disagree with the scratch fix. It would unfair on the already large amount of people who own the "original" model. Making a new model and saying "Get stuffed, you need to buy another" is not Nintendo's attitude.

You have to be absolutely kidding me. Nintendo is not knowingly going to leave a design flaw in their next revision. In no way did Nintendo make you buy the original 3DS and they certainly aren't making you buy another. If Nintendo creates a new revision of their console, you can't complain and say it's unfair just because the new model is better than the old one.

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a new revision comes out, I most likely won't buy it because the 3DS won't have much trade-in value by then, and I'm not having any problems with my current 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill