roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I HATE U NINTENDO!!!!
im only getting this if they add HD camera to it
and mybe some other cool stuff!
but battary life + slimer is just not cutting it for me.
( i only got 3ds for kh and i think the game will run as smoth as it is on the 3dsLite) + if graphics r the same im in no way to buying it :)
I highly doubt they would change the resolution of the camera.
Being that the 3DS is compatible with previous DSiWare, it wouldn't work if some systems had better cameras than others.

EDIT: And not to mention current 3DS games that use the camera.

Please also keep in mind that by making a "3DS Lite" we wouldn't really see any substantial enhancements in terms of firmware or content. Look at the difference between the DS and the DS Lite.

I think that the addition of a circle pad is the main thing they would add. But for those who already have a 3DS, I don't think getting the Circle Pad Pro is that much of a stretch...

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I read that tiny little article in Japanese, and all it says is that "with the progress the 3DS is making in the market, there could be a possibility that a "3DS Lite" could be made to address concerns such as thickness and battery life."

That is not a rumor nor an announcement; it is merely a thought from some journalist.

Reactions: 1 person

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I HATE U NINTENDO!!!!
im only getting this if they add HD camera to it
and mybe some other cool stuff!
but battary life + slimer is just not cutting it for me.
( i only got 3ds for kh and i think the game will run as smoth as it is on the 3dsLite) + if graphics r the same im in no way to buying it :)
I highly doubt they would change the resolution of the camera.
Being that the 3DS is compatible with previous DSiWare, it wouldn't work if some systems had better cameras than others.

EDIT: And not to mention current 3DS games that use the camera.

Please also keep in mind that by making a "3DS Lite" we wouldn't really see any substantial enhancements in terms of firmware or content. Look at the difference between the DS and the DS Lite.

I think that the addition of a circle pad is the main thing they would add. But for those who already have a 3DS, I don't think getting the Circle Pad Pro is that much of a stretch...

hmmmmm ur right

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I dont understand why so many people are against a new product. Nintendo wont point a gun to us and say "buy it". I have a 3DS and I have no need of another one, but people that still dont buy it will have more opitions, and I think this is good to everybody...

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why so many people are against a new product. Nintendo wont point a gun to us and say "buy it". I have a 3DS and I have no need of another one, but people that still dont buy it will have more opitions, and I think this is good to everybody...
Because people have buyers remorse, and lament not waiting to buy the better version.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iwata said:
When making Nintendo 3DS, we used all our tricks for Nintendo DS Lite—and more—for cutting down on size right from the start.
This is what made me buy a 3DS as soon as I did. I'm gonna be pretty upset if they turn around and say "We lied. We are going to make a 3DS Lite. Screw you."

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say it again, there's no way they can make a 3DS lite that would be worth it. There is not enough they can change. The 3DS is too small as it is, it cannot take a second circle-pad(get this through your thick skulls, the battery is in the only place it can be...they can't put something above that.), they aren't going to make the battery bigger, and there's no point making a new firmware and GUI system for it. And then to have it all backwards compatible with a normal 3DS. The only thing they could do is maybe make it a bit bigger(or go the 3DS XL route, but I think they've said that'd be too expensive, don't quote me on that), or change a few of the issues some people have, like overly wobbly screens, or it leaving scratches on the top screen.

I think what we'll see is a 1.2 version of the 3DS, with maybe the scratches-problem fixed, less wobbly screens, and a different texture(matte, please. This smooth crap is not fun to have if your hands sweat at all). And like the above poster said, they used all their tricks on the 3DS already. Nothing more they can do if they want to keep the 3DS going.

Goldneedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it too big, they say it heavy.
when it too small, they say it tiny.
when it perfect, they make it bigger or smaller
=))

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it worth discussing because I personally hate the current design of the 3DS and wish for a revision badly. The clamshell design is played out IMO. And the addition of a second stick definitely won't hurt. (a man can dream T^T)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol