Not open for further replies.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syberia said:
WTF, I'm getting "the universal code pattern cannot be found" when I try to run this.

Same problem here, when i used the patch.exe from the hgss files... I'm not software savvy, can a noob get some help please? >

Syberia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patched Pokemon Black, tried to run it on both R4 1.18 firmware and Wood R4 1.12 and getting a white screen freeze on both. The OP says it should be working, though?

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't see that you have to change "SoftReset =1" to "SoftReset =0" in globalsettings.ini

englishteacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Patched Pokemon Black then tried to enter Union Room but I only got black screen. Tried it several times but still happens..

I can enter Union Room without problem on Pokemon White,though.. Maybe Pokemon Black patch is incomplete??

zani123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
works on r4 updrage (III), with Wood R4 1.12??
i'm trying, but shows white screen.. =/
i need to load the patched rom ,or the clean rom on WOOD R4?

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any other firmware out that can run on a DSTT?

As DSTT is gone >.< So there will be no more updates to it.
I was already thinking about a SuperCard DSTwo but flashcards are illegal since halfway june in my country >.>, Lets check out Belguim.

WillySH43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I go to try it on :
R4 III last kernel (4.03) => FAIL
YSmenu 1.5.3 (is there a more recent version ?) => FAIL
Wood for Clone with Wood for Pokemon / Wood R4 1.12 => FAIL

Edit when test is finish ...

I have tu used the .nds, not the .bak, right ?

EDIT : NEW TRY ! Clean black roms and patch 1.5 for black ...
YSmenu => FAIL
R4 III => FAIL
Wood for Pokemon => FAIL ...

Definitively not work

EDIT2 : New YSmenu try with implementing the last extinfo.bat ... Will see ...
And it fail again ...

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Am I wrong if I say that the game works fail-free on the SCDS2? Because I find it's about time this entire subforums gets the SCDS2, if it JUST pauses the ranting of the B/W patch.

To respond to most people checking up on compatibility; R4 and the DSTT are dead flashcarts. It has been since 2009-01-06, the last official update given on it. I myself own a DSTT because I'm a cheap-ass gamer. I am largely unaffected because I won't care until the English version is released. What's with all this impatience, anyways?

yuukijuudai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Its a totally new pokemon, thats the reason for the hype, its like when diamond & pearl came out.
Also, i see everyone runs it nice on acekard akaio 1.7.1, and i cant get it to work not with this patch or any other i found, what can i try to get it to work? If not ill just play anything, just wanted to battle a few pokes and see the new system jaja

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
Am I wrong if I say that the game works fail-free on the SCDS2? Because I find it's about time this entire subforums gets the SCDS2, if it JUST pauses the ranting of the B/W patch.

To respond to most people checking up on compatibility; R4 and the DSTT are dead flashcarts. It has been since 2009-01-06, the last official update given on it. I myself own a DSTT because I'm a cheap-ass gamer. I am largely unaffected because I won't care until the English version is released. What's with all this impatience, anyways?

agreed

with etrian odyssey 3 coming out, i dont want to do patches anymore

if you are looking for a flash card, buy super card 2
not r4i sdhc, which used to be good...

powerruletheeart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having a bit of trouble, i used this patch yesterday and it worked like a charm, but now today it keeps freezing at randoms times like after taking oncce step, plus when i use the c-gear it freezes - btw ive beaten the 1st gym and is in the cave bit after beat team plasma!

edit: im using r4 - wood 1.12

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
powerruletheearth said:
Im having a bit of trouble, i used this patch yesterday and it worked like a charm, but now today it keeps freezing at randoms times like after taking oncce step, plus when i use the c-gear it freezes - btw ive beaten the 1st gym and is in the cave bit after beat team plasma!

edit: im using r4 - wood 1.12

shut down the c-gear when you start the game that should do it
yaynds.gif

iPaul

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Thiemo said:
So, is there a patch for R4SDHC?

Cuz my brother wants to play Pokemon Black...

Please PM me with the answer!
Which R4SDHC is it?What is written on the card? www.r4i-sdhc.com ?

*Moderator's Note:
To discuss flashcarts which pokemon black/white is not yet working,
(such as the R4iSDHC)
please go here.
~Vulpes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...