Not open for further replies.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using OSX (Intel Macbook) right now and whenever I try to drag a game into the program with the new version it adds the game to the list and renames it fine but it doesn't copy it over to the specified games folder. Instead it leaves the file wherever I copied it from, eg. my desktop. Rominator worked perfectly in its previous version but this version isn't working out so well for me. One way I did manage to get Rominator to copy a game into the games folder was to use the add game function from the menu; but even that caused a crash with an error message of "An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down." When I fire it up again the game is now added into the list but I don't really want the program to crash every time I add a game
tongue.gif
. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the by, thanks for the awesome program!

Cyborgmatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try accessing the Flash tab with the new version I get the error message:

"There was an error reading the DS database.."

I've already cleared the data and tried updating again and I get the same message, the games list is working fine for me though.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
@sfunk:
It does not copy the games anymore to the specified location. You place them in the folder and refresh through Rominator. This way it goes much, much faster.

@Cyborgmatt:
It must be something to do with your machine, because I've got no issues here with the Flash access.

Acetylene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try accessing the Flash tab with the new version I get the error message:

"There was an error reading the DS database.."

I've already cleared the data and tried updating again and I get the same message, the games list is working fine for me though.

I had the same problem, but in addition, the Games list was empty on my system. There was no error message for the Games list; there's just nothing in it. When I switched to the Flash card, the error I got was: "There was an error reading the DS Database. It may be corrupt. Please download a new one."

I tried trashing the prefs and relaunching the app, after which it downloaded the database again, but I still got the same error when trying to view the Flash card and the Games list was still empty.

I was able to revert to the previous version; at first that threw an error, too, but after trashing the prefs again it did load. I was able to download the database and trainer updates, and now everything is working fine with that version.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
You guys don't read the posts very often do you ~_~

I stated that Rominator will have to be RESET in order to use this update. It handles settings differently. To be honest, I don't know what you guys are doing differently, but if I have no issues, and my testers have no issues, then it's on your sides. Unless you can prove to me that there's the issue (make a video capture showing me what you're doing) then I can fix it, but I can't replicate the issue you guys are having.

And yeah, sorry, had to push back Zip support.

EDIT: Ah crap, I just found a stinkin bug when flashing... I'll fix it.

EDIT2: Allright, been updated to 3.5.1 -- I found a bug that if you didn't have the option that would automatically rename when flashing enabled, you would get an error saying that trainers could not be applied, even though there are no trainers
tongue.gif
Plus it would give the game the wrong name. All fixed now
smile.gif

Czeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thank you for such a great app
smile.gif

i think i just found a little bug here (im on OSX)... if you dont have the "rename rom upon flashing" option on, then when flashing it will copy the files "app.nds" and "app.nds.sav" (when it should be "app.nds" and "app.sav") causing the flash cart (DS-X in my case)to not pair them correctly.

once again, muchas gracias, for the awesomness.
smile.gif

Xelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Its not letting me save any color settings. And I've tried deleting all the Rominator files in the App Data folder and reinstalling. >.<

Edit: Also when I export an icon teh image is all messed up...

Acetylene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I stated that Rominator will have to be RESET in order to use this update. It handles settings differently. To be honest, I don't know what you guys are doing differently, but if I have no issues, and my testers have no issues, then it's on your sides. Unless you can prove to me that there's the issue (make a video capture showing me what you're doing) then I can fix it, but I can't replicate the issue you guys are having.

Done:
Rominator Update Video Capture

Sorry it's so big (130MB zipped); I tried to compress it more, but the audio got badly out of sync. It's not perfectly in sync even now. I think I need to shell out for Snapz Pro.

As for the reset, as far as I can tell it's not even possible not to reset Rominator after the update -- it forces me to the first time it's run. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by reset, though. You can see what I'm doing in the video capture.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully, I'm just doing something stupid and everyone can have a good laugh at my expense. Wouldn't be the first time, I assure you.

Edit: Almost forgot -- after I did the video capture, I tried dragging a game from the Games list to the Flash list. It successfully copied, and I was able to play the game. I tried another one -- this time a game that was already on the card -- and it warned me that the file already existed and asked if I wanted to overwrite. Also, it correctly reports the free space on the flash card. So it does apparently see the contents of the file system on the card, but it can't list them inside the program.

Other than that, it's working fine now. It does show the Games list now; I didn't realize at first that I'd need hit the refresh button after the reset. The only thing it doesn't do is list the games on the Flash card.

If it helps, I'm on a 20" Core 2 Duo iMac using OS X 10.4.9. The flash drive I'm using is a 1 GB Kingston MicroSD card, and I've tried it with two different card readers.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem, but fixed it when I deleted all of the old setting manually (after I made backups)
my question is, now.... is there anyway of getting my old saves out of the backup setting file.
I can drop the file into the setting folder, and it'll recognise it, but.... the saves aren't linked to the games in the library.
is there any way of fixing that?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem, but fixed it when I deleted all of the old setting manually (after I made backups)
my question is, now.... is there anyway of getting my old saves out of the backup setting file.
I can drop the file into the setting folder, and it'll recognise it, but.... the saves aren't linked to the games in the library.
is there any way of fixing that?

You don't need to delete your Save database file. put it back in the settings folder. The only 3 files that you should be deleting are library.rsd, settings.rsd, and ds.rsd. None of the others would cause issues.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

Done:
Rominator Update Video Capture

Sorry it's so big (130MB zipped); I tried to compress it more, but the audio got badly out of sync. It's not perfectly in sync even now. I think I need to shell out for Snapz Pro.

As for the reset, as far as I can tell it's not even possible not to reset Rominator after the update -- it forces me to the first time it's run. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by reset, though. You can see what I'm doing in the video capture.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully, I'm just doing something stupid and everyone can have a good laugh at my expense. Wouldn't be the first time, I assure you.

Edit: Almost forgot -- after I did the video capture, I tried dragging a game from the Games list to the Flash list. It successfully copied, and I was able to play the game. I tried another one -- this time a game that was already on the card -- and it warned me that the file already existed and asked if I wanted to overwrite. Also, it correctly reports the free space on the flash card. So it does apparently see the contents of the file system on the card, but it can't list them inside the program.

Other than that, it's working fine now. It does show the Games list now; I didn't realize at first that I'd need hit the refresh button after the reset. The only thing it doesn't do is list the games on the Flash card.

If it helps, I'm on a 20" Core 2 Duo iMac using OS X 10.4.9. The flash drive I'm using is a 1 GB Kingston MicroSD card, and I've tried it with two different card readers.

Thank you very much for the video capture. this makes it much easier for me to actually see what's being done to get the issue. I'm going to investigate this right now and see what could possibly be creating this issue, if so many people are getting it. It's so weird because myself or my testers couldn't recreate the problem. I'll go through the code though, and yes, out of the goodness of my heart, I will fix it
smile.gif
Just gotta find out what's causing it...

I'll keep you guys posted.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Fixed!

v3.5.2 Changes:
• Fixed an issue where Rominator would report that there is an error loading the DS Database when trying to view a flash list where there is a game that is unrecognized in the database.
• Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow you to delete homebrew from the flash card -- it thinks it was deleted, but it really is still there
• Fixed the renaming of the .sav file to not have .nds.sav at the end
• Fixed the option when deleting a save that didn't let you only delete the save if checked

Run your updaters boys and girls!

--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Awww, love you too
wub.gif

I found a couple more issues:
- Fixed a Drop Rename bug that would make a trailing space after a game name if the %m tag was attached
- Fixed another drag and drop issue that would make a game name blank if Auto Rename was checked and a game name didn't exist in the database
- Added an option when holding CTRL+ALT to clear settings to alternatively clear the Library file as well. Could be helpful.

Although, this will be the 3rd build in one day, so could someone please find some more bugs so I can tackle more for a 3.5.3 release
biggrin.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My games on my hard drive don't display. The ones on my MicroSD do.. I have checked that the paths are correct and they definatly are, and I have tried updating the program to not avail.
Maybe I should clear the settings?

- Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1