Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hankchill

OP hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Now, did you upgrade to 3.5 from a previous version? In that case, your settings are cleared and you need to choose your games path and start again.

If you have already been using 3.5, then just delete your library.rsd file. From there, when launching Rominator, press Refresh and that'll be it.

--Henry

2. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.
    Former Staff

I didn't do that, I pressed 'Refresh'! I didn't notice that button before...

Thanks for the great program
    - Sam

3. Dex66

Dex66 Newbie
    Newcomer

anyone know why the boxart for 1084 - Etrian Odyssey (U) & 1085 - Code Lyoko (U) never shows up, even tried dragging art from here into the program but still no show

4. hankchill

Canada
    Click on the game you don't see the box art for, and click on the box art area. It'll force a refresh and download the box again.

Enjoy.

5. Dex66

Dex66 Newbie
    Newcomer

Tried that, also tried different rom dumps, both games work fine, just no boxart. No matter, hardly a major issue with an otherwise excellent program

6. Mondeus

Mondeus Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I've emaild them already but here are they once's more:

Sugestions:
    *) Save Smart list into a TxT file. for example: USA only - All ready done Great work [​IMG]
    *) If there is a duplicate of a rom auto delete (only if rom contains same nr.)
    *) Make the loading of game list quicker - All ready done Great work [​IMG]
    *) Own rating list. for example: 5 star rating
    *) link to or include gametrailers or screenshot ingame or preview txt
    *) More has or has not options example: Has not, Japanese, Korean, Italian (simultanius)
    *) Show transfer status example: mb/sec left -- All ready done Great work [​IMG]
    *) Rom tester if rom is working properly - will be in next release
    *) SUb-dir is not working - You already said this wil be deleted in next release
    *) Add option if game is played yes or no
    *) Make Smart list editeble, atm you have to make a new one each time

Database Changes:

0495: Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest, has German Boxart instead of European
    0713: Biene Maja, Die - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr, is marked in database as Europe but should be Germany
    0895: Léa - Passion Vétérinaire, is now Europe should be France
    0900: Schac, is now Europe should be German
    1085: Code Lyoko, is now Europe but when renaming from database (U) is added
    1106: in database is Dogz (E) has boxart of lunar knights
    1107: in database is Spongebob Spquarepants - The Yellow Avenger, is numberd as 1108 and has boxart of Dogz
    1108: in database is The New York Times Crosswords, is numberd 1109 and has boxart of Spongebob Squarepants - The Yellow avanger.
    1109: in database is Lucky STar Moe Drill - Tabidachi, has boxart of The New York Times Crossword
    Bugs:

Renaming the following roms will give error: "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."
    0457 - Brain Training - How Old Is Your Brain? (E)
    0601 - Scooby-Doo! Who's Watching Who? (U)

7. hankchill

Canada
    Yes, you have emailed your suggestions to me. I have already given my responses about the suggestions, there is no need to reiterate them [​IMG] But here I'll post my answers that I gave anyways:
    *) If there is a duplicate of a rom auto delete
    - I would never auto-delete a game. I will have it dupe check and ask the user if they want to delete.

*) Own rating list. for example: 5 star rating
    - This is what Game Lists are for. You wanna put your favourites in a list? Make a Game List [​IMG]

*) link to or include gametrailers or screenshot ingame or preview txt
    - There will be no game trailer links. However, there will be in-program descriptions of games, and screenshots will be coming

*) More has or has not options example: Has not, Japanese, Korean, Italian (simultanius)
    - No worries, *smarter* smart lists will be in there sometime.

*) Add option if game is played yes or no
    - Again, this is what Game Lists are for [​IMG]

*) Make Smart list editeble, atm you have to make a new one each time
    - They will be eventually [​IMG]

As for the database changes, they will be reflected in the next update. Also, the box art issue has been fixed. Just click on the box art for the game you choose,and it'll refresh it with the proper box art.

That's strange that those two games are causing errors when renaming. I just dragged everything up to 1129 and had them renamed yesterday, no crashes [​IMG] Can anyone else clarify this?

@Dex66: Make sure you click the game, then click the box area. Also make sure you've got a net connection. Works for me [​IMG]

8. Mondeus

Mondeus Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thnx for the reply Hank

Ill take a look into the boxart
    And try to re-add the 2 roms in a diff. way, ill let you know

-edit-

Error fixxed by deleting library.rsd and rescan and rename [​IMG]

9. Dex66

Dex66 Newbie
    Newcomer

I too had the same problem renaming 0457 - Brain Training - How Old Is Your Brain? (E) & 0601 - Scooby-Doo! Who's Watching Who? (U), It's the "?" that's causing the problem, used the replace string function in settings to change the "?" to "!" and problem solved. As to the boxart issue, did as you stated and art has appeared... cheers [​IMG]

Running in Vista Premium btw (in case the ? issue is vista related)

Also, just to satisfy my curiousity, what is the 70 byte "._Rominator for Windows.exe" file for?

10. hankchill

Canada
    Ah crap, I forgot when I did the new settings method I forgot to add in a replacement for the '?'! For 3.5.3, it will default to having the '?' there, and you will not be able to delete it if you're on Windows [​IMG] Sorry about that!

That 70 byte ._Rominator file is a file generated by Mac OS X. I'll be sure to delete it when I zip up the next release.

Regards.

11. cmellis

cmellis Member
    Newcomer

I've downloaded the latest version for OSX (3.0), but I get the following message as soon as I open it:

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."

Can I fix this?

12. hankchill

Canada
    The latest version is 3.5.2.

If you're getting an error, hold down ctrl+alt while launching rominator, and have it clear the settings. It wouldn't give you an error on the initial run.

13. Logan

Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hank, thanks for this app, its definitely my favourite rom manager [​IMG]

Do you have any plans to add archive support i.e. ZIP or 7z?

Also, in the latest version I'm getting an error when scrolling through:

[​IMG]

Any idea why!? I'm running Windows Vista x86 if its of any reference.

Cheers

14. hankchill

Canada
    Rominator's been updated to 3.5.3 with the following changes:
    - Fixed a Drop Rename bug that would make a trailing space after a game name if the %m tag was attached

- Fixed another drag and drop issue that would make a game name blank if Auto Rename was checked and a game name didn't exist in the database

- Added an option when holding CTRL+ALT to clear settings to alternatively clear the Library file as well

- Added new feature if you hold the SHIFT key when deleting a game in your list, it won't actually delete it, just remove it from your list

- Added a ROM Validation Utility -- use this to verify that your games are clean by checking the CRC and comparing it to the database CRC

- On Windows and Linux, you do not need to define the "?" as a replacement character -- it is automatically assumed and replaced with nothing automatically.

Again, if you guys find you're having problems, UPDATE! -- or hold CTRL+ALT when loading Rominator and clear your settings [​IMG]

Enjoy!

EDIT: @Logan: If there are issues with Rominator under Windows Vista, I unfortunately cannot support it, as I haven't designed Rominator to even run in Vista. For some people it works, for some it doesn't, but in Vista's current state it's not good enough to start supporting.

15. Xcursion

Xcursion GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You should also have the program remove "\ / : " * < > |" (those that are bolded inside the quotes) from the file names. It also produces that error since those characters are not allowed in filenames in Wndows.

I seem to be having problems when I have already added a game to the game list and then after that doing a database update when the game is not recognized as being in the database and I have to remove it to from the list and then add it again. I was using 3.5.2 until I just updated to 3.5.3.

16. Typhoe

Typhoe Member
    Newcomer

Hi,

I deleted some of my roms "manually" (meaning not with rominator).

When rominator launchs, it still displays them (with a ? icon now).

How can I "refresh" the list? Must I delete all my setting to rescan my roms folder?

I'm using lastest 3.5.3 rominator.

Thanks,
    Typhoe

17. Logan

Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I had the '?' issue too. In the end I had to goto \Appdata\Roaming\ and delete the Rominator folder and start again. Performed an update of database. Then set the directories up etc. and clicked on the refresh folder button (situated below the Game Lists box.

@Hank, whatever you updated in the latest build, seems to have resolved the issue I was having under Vista!

18. hankchill

Canada
    Just to let you know, if you've deleted a game manually, and it shows up in the list with a '?', why not just delete it from the list? Just click the game, click delete, and you're done. No need to erase entire settings because you have some games in a list that you could have easily deleted from it [​IMG]

As for the \ / : " * < > | characters, since none of them are in any of the game names, I didn't include them -- although when making replacement strings, it won't let you use them anyways. Same with manual renaming -- won't let you use em.

19. Mondeus

Mondeus Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    The Lastest update doesnt auto add the .txt extension if you save a static list.

20. hankchill

Canada
    Yes it does. Since the first day I had it output statistic lists, it's been TXT files, and I've never touched the code since. If in Windows, the extension is most likely invisible.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rominator,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.