R4i (rsi-sdhc.com card) shows on dsi menu but boots to white screen

big-dog-9675

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek assistance with a persistent issue I've encountered with my R4 flash card. No matter which kernel I use, the card consistently boots to a white screen.
I've tried various troubleshooting steps, including:
  1. Reformatting the microSD card and reinstalling the kernel.
  2. Trying different versions of the kernel, ensuring compatibility with my R4 card.
  3. Checking for any physical damage to the card or the microSD slot.
  4. Testing the card on multiple devices to rule out compatibility issues.
  5. Seeking advice from online forums and communities, but have yet to find a solution that works for my specific problem.
I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance from those who have encountered similar issues or possess expertise in troubleshooting R4 flash cards. Your assistance would not only aid me but potentially help others who may face similar challenges in the future.

image_50404097.JPG
image_50366465.JPG

image_50417153.JPG
image_50448897.JPG

big-dog-9675

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol then re-insert. Or try booting the flashcart without an SD card inserted or in a DS with custom firmware.
The card has been cleaned and the dsi has custom firmware I will try booting without the sd card
Post automatically merged:

Clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol then re-insert. Or try booting the flashcart without an SD card inserted or in a DS with custom firmware.
this is what I got booting with no SD card in custom firmware
IMG_6081.jpg

Last edited by big-dog-9675,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pretty interesting finding just for a difference of 1 day someone with the exact same flashcard and the exact same issue. I found this old flashcard and wanted to know if I could make it work, without any success. I've also tried custom kernels or even change the system date, but nothing. Looks like our flashcards are completly dead, I already own another one but not big deal for me, but I'd like to make that work.

The card has been cleaned and the dsi has custom firmware I will try booting without the sd card
Post automatically merged:

this is what I got booting with no SD card in custom firmware
View attachment 430783
That screen is some error related to twilight menu when trying to launch a game card if I remember well (if it's not properly recognized). Not a flashcard error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong