Hacking Rock Band Guitar will not sync

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I know this can be done, because I've read posts of other people who are playing a "Backup" of Rock Band 2 with the ROck Band Instruments.

I can not for the life of me get the guitar to sync.

I took the guitar and dongle to a local game store and they were able to get it to sync with a used retail disc

So I came home and tried it again and still no luck.

This time i took my system to the same store (removed HBC so they would suspect anything) and again they were able to get the darn thing to sync with another used retail disc (it may have been the same one, but either way it was retail).

Came home again and installed HBC again and tried a third time from my CFG USB loader and from NeoGamma (as a DVD boot).

Still will not sync.
wacko.gif

I'm waiting until I get into the game before I try to sync the guitar and dongle, but when I hit the button on the dongle it goes out and will not come back on until I re-boot the system.

Any idea, help and suggestions are graciously accepted.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am assuming you are on cIOSrev14 (or maybe earlier?). Why don't you try installing Hermes cIOS222 and see if your device works there.

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I am assuming you are on cIOSrev14 (or maybe earlier?). Why don't you try installing Hermes cIOS222 and see if your device works there.

Correct I have cIOSrev14.

I have Hermes cIOS222 already and thought I installed it correctly, but maybe not.

Do you know a walk through that shows or explains how to install it.

When I try to run the game with 222 mload or 223 mload in CFG USB Loader the system locks up.

Besides isn't cIOS 222/223 apply if you are running the game from a USB drive.

I tried burning it to a DVD, disconnected the USB drive and tried running it from NeoGamma as a backup loader and it still would not sync.

Interesting side note, my wife just bought a used copy of Rock Band 1 fro the store we went to before and the guitar synced and played fien, then I ripped it from the Wii drive to the USB drive and tried playing it and it wouldn't sync.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
zektor said:

Correct I have cIOSrev14.

I have Hermes cIOS222 already and thought I installed it correctly, but maybe not.

Do you know a walk through that shows or explains how to install it.

When I try to run the game with 222 mload or 223 mload in CFG USB Loader the system locks up.

Besides isn't cIOS 222/223 apply if you are running the game from a USB drive.

I tried burning it to a DVD, disconnected the USB drive and tried running it from NeoGamma as a backup loader and it still would not sync.

Interesting side note, my wife just bought a used copy of Rock Band 1 fro the store we went to before and the guitar synced and played fien, then I ripped it from the Wii drive to the USB drive and tried playing it and it wouldn't sync.

Use the new beta of USB Loader CFG (v4.0b3) found near the end of the thread. This version has new support for 222/223. I installed the cios as 222 37 merge 36, and 223 38 merge 36. My guitar works on either 222 or 223, but I figured it better to have them both installed (one using 37, one using 38) just in case I run into a snag with something someday. I have yet to run into any issues however
smile.gif
And yes, 222/223 apply to usb loaders for now....that is until somebody adds support (Neogamma one day I would hope) for the cIOS for DVD backup loading.

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Use the new beta of USB Loader CFG (v4.0b3) found near the end of the thread. This version has new support for 222/223. I installed the cios as 222 37 merge 36, and 223 38 merge 36. My guitar works on either 222 or 223, but I figured it better to have them both installed (one using 37, one using 38) just in case I run into a snag with something someday. I have yet to run into any issues however
smile.gif
And yes, 222/223 apply to usb loaders for now....that is until somebody adds support (Neogamma one day I would hope) for the cIOS for DVD backup loading.

OK I did an online update to CFG v4.0b.3 (I was at 39).

I got cIOS 222/223 installed (I used an older version 1.6 if the CIOS, because whenever I try to choose 222 or 223 from the initial screen of "Choose what IOS to install it to (which defaults at 249) the installer locks up.

Anyway after getting 222/223 installed with 37 merged 36 and 38 merged 36 respectively I went into CFG and set the game options to use 223 mload and when I launched the game is hung on loading 223 mload....

Then I hard booted and tried it again with 222 mload and the same thing happened.

I'm using a Harominix Rock Band 2 fender replica guitar.

I know this works, there are tons of people on this forum doing the same thing.

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the latest in the saga, something very interesting and confusing.

I took my Retail copy of Rock Band and loaded it using Disc Channel.

It loaded and played perfectly with the Rock Band Guitar.

Then I quit out of it, left the retail DVD in the drive and tried to loaded in using NeoGamma (the DVD load portion of it) and the same exact guitar with the same exact DVD would not sync.

The only difference was the way I loaded it, originally from the Wii Disc Channel (Fine) then from NeoGamma thru HBC (would not sync).

Very strange!?!?!?

There is something somewhere that is telling the guitar that it is not being loaded thru a legal source.

Any Ideas;

Steve

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey