Hacking Rock Band 3 Custom DLC info

chrislive08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since rawksd is probably never going to support RB3 customs, I started to research on my own the RB3 DLC format.

I've ran into a speedbump however, while I was able to replace existing DLC songs with custom data, I was unable to add new songs. This is a problem because it would mean you wouldn't be able to use official rock band DLC and customs/imports. I tried to ask others who knew more about the Wii RB format how they managed to do this with RB2, but I didn't get too far with that
rolleyes.gif

Here are some tools, examples, and most of the info on RB3 customs that i was able to get. I decided to release this in case someone found out how to add new dlc instead of replacing old DLC, if you do, please pm me, it's pretty much the last step towards full customs on RB3
smile.gif

(this is the first program I've ever made, it will be buggy)_

Tools: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S05S95ID

This is a short description of the programs, please read the readme.

rbcrypts.exe: This is a program i made that will encrypt/decrypt RB3 .bin files (located on your sd in the SZJE folder). The encryption has changed from RB2, instead of all the DLC using one encryption key, it now uses keys specific to each wii to encrypt. (this is probably why you haven't seen any RB3 DLC .bin files at your local warez site because the files are encrypted to your wii only). To get your key, use rbkeys.exe tool below.

rbkeys.exe: This is another tool i made that will get you the necessary keys you need to encrypt/decrypt sucessfully. It requires that you run bootmii and dump your nand. This will dump a keys.bin file. Load this keys.bin file from bootmii into where it says xyzzy (its a error by me). You will also need to download a official RB3 DLC file from the music store. Browse for both of these files to generate a rbkeys.bin file. This file can be loaded into rbcrypts.exe above for proper decryption/encryption.

Info on RB3 DLC .bin format:

Header:
0x0 to 0x7F (length 0x80): also known as a Bk header. This header is the same for every DLC file, with the only thing that changes are:

console ID at 0x8 (length 0x4)
size of TMD at 0x16 (length 0x2)
size of encrypted content at 0x18(length 0x4)
size of file at 0x1C (length 0x4)

TMD:
0x80 to size of file - size of encrypted content : A stripped TMD without the certificates at the end of the file. TMD parsing info can be found at (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_metadata)

Content:
size of file - size of encrypted content to End of the File: The contents of the .bin file (encrypted)

All of this info is most likely only useful to people who know the rb format
tongue.gif
Maybe someday RB3 customs can happen...

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome work, so now we can make our own bin files from PC Tools? Or at least know the two keys that are required?

It would be awesome if we could find a way to add the key to the RAWKSD bin files so we could somehow get them working in RB3.

THANKS!

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@ chris

please pm me i have the the unlock to download the files straight from nus

i made it using the rb2 stuff i knew that they changed the way it was encrypted but didnt know how

if you want it i can send it to you for some more reasearch
scooby74029

chrislive08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
awesome work, so now we can make our own bin files from PC Tools? Or at least know the two keys that are required?

It would be awesome if we could find a way to add the key to the RAWKSD bin files so we could somehow get them working in RB3.

THANKS!

the keys are known and you can make your own bins, albeit a bit buggy and it's not easy even with these tools if you don't know what you doing. i would perfect the method but i cannot add new RB songs to RB3 at the moment...

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's nice to see someone taking the time to work on Rock Band 3 customs and looking into importing

I wish I was more knowledgeble in coding as I would love to help. All I can say is good luck, chrislive08

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i'm also really interested in this even if it doesn't get beyond replacing existing dlc.

i sure as hell wouldn't mind replacing visions with something else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol