Translation Riivolution patch: Earth Seeker English translation for Wii (100%)

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I run the website https://moai.games listing videogames that feature Moai. Just for fun really.

I read on the Amazon website for Wii Earth Seeker that it features Moai.

I'm thankful for your translation because in the video trailer I can see you unlocking the Moai statue item.

Is there any chance you can share screenshots of the Moai item?

Thanks!

Last edited by matt!,
  • Wow
Reactions: zfreeman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi! I run the website https://moai.games listing videogames that feature Moai. Just for fun really.

I read on the Amazon website for Wii Earth Seeker that it features Moai.

I'm thankful for your translation because in the video trailer I can see you unlocking the Moai statue item.

Is there any chance you can share screenshots of the Moai item?

Thanks!
Hello @matt!

The concept of your website is quite funny, I went straight to the GB section to see if Super Mario Land was in it (and of course it was)!

Please find below two screenshots to use for the Earth Seeker entry.

Yours truly.

R8EJQC_2023-02-17_06-25-16.png

R8EJQC_2023-02-17_06-25-25.png

• Love
Reactions: matt!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks so much!!!

Is it not in the DS game?
No, the DS game (which I have translated as well), is a collection of mini-games that will give you items and such, but the "Heritage" can only be found in main game. :)

And thanks for following me on Twitter, I hope you'll find my content interesting!

Have a nice WE!

Reactions: matt!

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there! Thanks for another great translation of an obscure and pretty interesting Wii gamea! I just wanted to ask if maybe you're lookin' for editors or at least someone to look at the script for any mistakes as I'm playing the first hour or so of hte game so far and I see a couple mistakes here n there (also some lines that make no sense)

It's still understandable but it seems there's a lot of mistakes going on because Google translate was used as a base. Such as a line when you ask Rosa about the Ancient times the line goes like this
"You want to know about the Ancien Times." Seems the "t" in "Ancient" was left out due to there being a "T" in "Times" for example.

I don't want to offend you, Newman, I just want to try to report what I can so the translation can have any issues fixed.

Reactions: zfreeman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello there! Thanks for another great translation of an obscure and pretty interesting Wii gamea! I just wanted to ask if maybe you're lookin' for editors or at least someone to look at the script for any mistakes as I'm playing the first hour or so of hte game so far and I see a couple mistakes here n there (also some lines that make no sense)

It's still understandable but it seems there's a lot of mistakes going on because Google translate was used as a base. Such as a line when you ask Rosa about the Ancient times the line goes like this
"You want to know about the Ancien Times." Seems the "t" in "Ancient" was left out due to there being a "T" in "Times" for example.

I don't want to offend you, Newman, I just want to try to report what I can so the translation can have any issues fixed.
Hello @RetroNerdGamer ,

I'm afraid I'll have to take the blame for the grammatical errors and mispellings you've noticed : I may have relied on Google Translate to help me on first step, but ultimately the translation and its flaws are mine (as fluent as I hope I am, I'm still a foreigner, and a French one on top of that! :mellow:)

I dare to say Google Translate probably doesn't make these mistakes at all. As for the general meaning of a sentence, that's another subject...

Anyway, in the example given, the "t" I have forgotten in "Ancient" is clearly due to the fact that "ancien" doesn't have a "t" at its end in French.

You can make a list of the grammatical errors, mispellings, and what seems to be generally "obscure" for you, and send me in PM when you've finished the game, if you want.

I'll see what I can do, though sometimes translation can seem a little unpolished because of technical limitations (for example the "Bfore" when you upgrade your equipment is not an error : I just didn't have enough room to write it all, so I went with what I thought would be a good compromise. That's something you could see very often with old games).

Depending on what's on your list, I might come back to this project and release a new version.

Have a nice day.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @RetroNerdGamer ,

I'm afraid I'll have to take the blame for the grammatical errors and mispellings you've noticed : I may have relied on Google Translate to help me on first step, but ultimately the translation and its flaws are mine (as fluent as I hope I am, I'm still a foreigner, and a French one on top of that! :mellow:)

I dare to say Google Translate probably doesn't make these mistakes at all. As for the general meaning of a sentence, that's another subject...

Anyway, in the example given, the "t" I have forgotten in "Ancient" is clearly due to the fact that "ancien" doesn't have a "t" at its end in French.

You can make a list of the grammatical errors, mispellings, and what seems to be generally "obscure" for you, and send me in PM when you've finished the game, if you want.

I'll see what I can do, though sometimes translation can seem a little unpolished because of technical limitations (for example the "Bfore" when you upgrade your equipment is not an error : I just didn't have enough room to write it all, so I went with what I thought would be a good compromise. That's something you could see very often with old games).

Depending on what's on your list, I might come back to this project and release a new version.

Have a nice day.

That sounds good! Thank you for the chance, I can't really mention much for the first couple hours at this point, but I'll go back to help with that when I finish. For now, I'll try to keep up and put a list I can with anything I notice.

Hope you have a great day, Mr. Newman, and I totally understand there being issues, but it still makes the game playable!

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello @RetroNerdGamer ,

Have a nice day.
Hi there, I just started playing with this patch and immediately ive run into a ton of japanese dialogue... I know i patched the game properly, it was very simple. I extracted the .iso using Wit, replaced all the files per the instructions, recreated the .iso and loaded it up on my wii. Some stuff is translated but some isnt. Is this not 100% ? Any help is appreciated! And thanks again for your hard work!

edit: yea, all text from this Rosa person is in japanese so is all the "world info" stuff. i got to the next area, but it is also in japanese. i will just wait to hear back from you, thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by seam1,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi there, I just started playing with this patch and immediately ive run into a ton of japanese dialogue... I know i patched the game properly, it was very simple. I extracted the .iso using Wit, replaced all the files per the instructions, recreated the .iso and loaded it up on my wii. Some stuff is translated but some isnt. Is this not 100% ? Any help is appreciated! And thanks again for your hard work!

edit: yea, all text from this Rosa person is in japanese so is all the "world info" stuff. i got to the next area, but it is also in japanese. i will just wait to hear back from you, thanks.
Hello,

Rosa and Guardians' dialogs are located in the files MAP_GRA.pac and MAP_GDM.pac, which contrary to the others are in a sub-folder, so my guess is you copy pasted everything at the same "level" of folders.

I will actually release an updated version of the patch this WE, which will contain the subfolders (so people can just "slide" their files into the iso), as well as :
  • translated "warning screens" and "wii menu",
  • AND translated videos that randomly get played if you don't press any button at the title screen.

R8EJQC_2023-08-20_00-26-23.png

s1-00356.jpg

I didn't do these videos at the time, because they were short and heavy, and I didn't have the software to modify them and retain good quality : but with Reginleiv, I had to do some extensive researchs, and now I can provide a separate link to download these videos, while maintaining the rest of the patch on RomHacking.

Please be patient, the patch should be online by the end of the day, monday if RH takes some time to approve it. :)
Post automatically merged:

Me again,

New version of the patch is online at https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5571/

As I wrote, the screens that show before you reach the title, and the Wii Home Menu, are all in English.

The intro videos are translated, but since they're too heavy for RomHacking, you can download them at:

(Download link is provided in the readme as well).

Don't forget to put them in the "MOVIE" folder, otherwise they won't show!

Have a nice WE.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Rosa and Guardians' dialogs are located in the files MAP_GRA.pac and MAP_GDM.pac, which contrary to the others are in a sub-folder, so my guess is you copy pasted everything at the same "level" of folders.

I will actually release an updated version of the patch this WE, which will contain the subfolders (so people can just "slide" their files into the iso), as well as :
  • translated "warning screens" and "wii menu",
  • AND translated videos that randomly get played if you don't press any button at the title screen.

View attachment 389262
View attachment 389263

I didn't do these videos at the time, because they were short and heavy, and I didn't have the software to modify them and retain good quality : but with Reginleiv, I had to do some extensive researchs, and now I can provide a separate link to download these videos, while maintaining the rest of the patch on RomHacking.

Please be patient, the patch should be online by the end of the day, monday if RH takes some time to approve it. :)
Post automatically merged:

Me again,

New version of the patch is online at https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5571/

As I wrote, the screens that show before you reach the title, and the Wii Home Menu, are all in English.

The intro videos are translated, but since they're too heavy for RomHacking, you can download them at:

(Download link is provided in the readme as well).

Don't forget to put them in the "MOVIE" folder, otherwise they won't show!

Have a nice WE.

thank you so much for this update! but i now understand what the issue was, i did patch the game properly, but your patch was actually MISSING the models folder which is why those things were still in japanese. Look at the picture i have attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-20 194702.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-20 194702.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 20

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
thank you so much for this update! but i now understand what the issue was, i did patch the game properly, but your patch was actually MISSING the models folder which is why those things were still in japanese. Look at the picture i have attached.
That's because with previous versions of the patch, you had to put the "GDM" and "HOME " subfolders in the "MODEL/MAP/" subfolder yourself (as evidenced below).
ES excerpt.jpg

Earth Seeker was my first patch, and I was unsure how to integrate subfolders with Riivolution : the files were there, but you couldn't just copy paste them.

But with this new version, people shouldn't have a hard time patching their game anymore.

BTW, I took the occasion to update the "readme" with the Dolphin method for Riivolution, if people wanna try it out very quick.

Good day to you.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because with previous versions of the patch, you had to put the "GDM" and "HOME " subfolders in the "MODEL/MAP/" subfolder yourself (as evidenced below).
View attachment 389395
Earth Seeker was my first patch, and I was unsure how to integrate subfolders with Riivolution : the files were there, but you couldn't just copy paste them.

But with this new version, people shouldn't have a hard time patching their game anymore.

BTW, I took the occasion to update the "readme" with the Dolphin method for Riivolution, if people wanna try it out very quick.

Good day to you.
Thank you so much. I hope you understand that I was not complaining, I was only trying to provide information as to why it didn't work properly for me. Thank you again for all your efforts, I myself have also translated games and I know how much time it takes. Thanks for all you've done, you're awesome man. :)

• Love
Reactions: Brand Newman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...