Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think iAnti-Chip would be better. i work for apple
wacko.gif

of course im not serious about that. i think that friidommod would pretty neat.

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that any old fool couldn't have done this, but I hadn't seen someone do it yet, so here goes:
Compressed Riiski V 2.0 down to 28 megs with 7zip. Uploaded to megaupload
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GFAB8RAM

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys... been following the work done here and just want to say thanks to those responsible.

In regards to changing the system menu graphics and breaking Preloader... It is my understanding that Preloader just moves the system menu and places itself in the path where the system menu used to be. Is it possible to have custom sys menus installed to this "new" location instead of the default where it would break/overwrite Preloader? The obvious benefit would be NOT breaking Preloader, letting you recover if something goes wrong, but if installed without a working Preloader it would do no harm other than take up space on the NAND?

I have no idea if this is an accurate assumption of how it works, but with all the progression around here I figured anything is possible.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
Hello guys... been following the work done here and just want to say thanks to those responsible.

In regards to changing the system menu graphics and breaking Preloader... It is my understanding that Preloader just moves the system menu and places itself in the path where the system menu used to be. Is it possible to have custom sys menus installed to this "new" location instead of the default where it would break/overwrite Preloader? The obvious benefit would be NOT breaking Preloader, letting you recover if something goes wrong, but if installed without a working Preloader it would do no harm other than take up space on the NAND?

I have no idea if this is an accurate assumption of how it works, but with all the progression around here I figured anything is possible.
This is actually what we are doing. i've bricked once due to a compression error already. just recovered with preloader and my original copy of the file
wink.gif

Im hoping we can all talk ice fire into writing an editable script for us so we can use it to safely change any files on in our menus after he releases his healthwarning changer. (un)packing and (de)compressing files takes far longer than the actual changes

nqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Riiskimod and found out that games that couldn't be run on Gamma loader, they can't run on riiskimod as well. I tried Chicken shoot(PAL) and Bleach shattered blade(NTSC-U) version. I copied directly from the image file without decrypt (Dont know how) and they can't run on gamma and riiskimod. Anybody know why?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
So is there any point in having Wiigator's loader? Or do I just uninstall it now?

How would updates work?

I do like how it loads the game in the disc channel though, pretty sick.

Thanks in advance.

In my limited time playing around with this, the games I've tried all load fine. I've since removed WiiGator's loader as well as the Softchip loader I only used to play Rockband 2. Only takes a few seconds to add the channel back if you need it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nqd said:
I tried Riiskimod and found out that games that couldn't be run on Gamma loader, they can't run on riiskimod as well. I tried Chicken shoot(PAL) and Bleach shattered blade(NTSC-U) version. I copied directly from the image file without decrypt (Dont know how) and they can't run on gamma and riiskimod. Anybody know why?

You know that you have to burn as image and don't have to copy the image to disc?

nqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
nqd said:

You know that you have to burn as image and don't have to copy the image to disc?

Sorry about the wording. I mean that after download the image, I burn it directly to disc without patching it. However, the problems with gamma still exist in riiskimod

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got home from a night of partying and thought I'd throw my two cents in on a name.

WiiFail

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the old GBATEMP tribute .wad, is there anything I need to do .wad removal wise before doing this or no?
Or can I use anytitledeleter to delete it?
If so, how? Thoroughly confused about to use atd.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
zant said:
would it be possible to add this sort of feature in this Riskii mod?
In the preloader, could we add a feature to default the language of the DISC as it loads, like in Pikimin Wii (japanese release) so we would not have to go back and manually set the language?

Check this video, and tell me what you can see about your question.....!!!
biggrin.gif

VIDEO
it doesnt do language i already asked crediar he said that would have to be done by a hack as this is just booting by disc video mode.

for names

PlayFrii or Tightmods

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.