Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The letters, or the content in the ISO ?
Why would you want to modify them ? the only viable choice is to remove "U" the update partition to lower the ISO size from maybe 40-50MB?
G is needed obviously, O is also needed for SmashBros...

If all you want is to downsize the ISO size, then using WBFS format is already enough as is removes unused random dummy data filling DVD size. (ex. animal crossing 4GB -> 26MB). The update partition is very small and can be kept.
edit: Ok I checked, from 2MB to 200MB based on the game's release date. older had very small Update content. winning 200MB is not negligible.

how can i edit partitions columns (G U O ) ?
maybe by looking into the program settings? did you already took a look at it ?
It should already be set to "remove update partition" as default settings. if not, set it. Do NOT use "keep only game partition" or else SmashBros will not work.
If it's set and it didn't remove the "U" when adding a game, you probably added the games the wrong way.
on windows explorer, move all your WBFS folder to computer, and re-do a "transfer game" in WBM using the PROPER WAY OF USING IT !

Last edited by Cyan,

Deedee65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey thanks.. sorry for my English, have a "few" WII games on HD, formatted to FAT32 and no one working except 2 files with G at partitions column (WII Backup Manager)..all other files having no letter, just ????So, no partitions, no working, or?

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 83

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i know ist 12 years later, but how can i edit partitions columns (G U O ) ?

Tx
Edit?

Not sure about editing them, but under options you can choose which partitions to keep. When converting from ISO to WBFS I personally keep only the Game and Other. Although there are very few games with Other those partitions are needed for proper game play.

Reactions: jeannotte

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your games seems in a wrong format, or corrupted.
There's no partition detected, and there's no "IOS" information either, but there are some information (titleID, game title), it looks like the game's header is wrong.
Or maybe they are compressed, even though it says "wbfs" format ? which file extension do they have ? .iso ? .ciso ? .wbfs? .wia ? anything else ?

You can verify your games by checking the checkbox in front of the line, and choose check Sha1 option.
if it's green, the game is good, if it's red it's a bad one. either unknown/unsupported format, or corrupted files.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
my files are wbfs format, and after check Sha1 option, are RED...except first and second game...they are green..??? .dont understand why. My HD is 3 or 4 years old, all games, all time, all worked...is there any way to corect it?
so you need to get good dumps of Wii games on WBFS (simply download them again), and for see if it's working before trying on Wii, you can use Dolphin Emulator for try them if they boot and are playable (https://dolphin-emu.org/download).

Since the GBAtemp rules say that it is STRICTLY PROHIBITED to ask/give info about "warez", i can't say you where you can find Wii ROMs, ISOs, WBFS's, WADs, etc.

Reactions: jeannotte

pete_boule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
I have looked through the post's (132 pages!) and I see several "export templates" have been uploaded and perhaps I am just
missing it but is there a way to
Export the Game name and Game description for the titles currently on your hard drive? If I just had the export code I could probably
incorporate it into an existing template.(I would try anyway). I just want a printed list of game title and description of game.
Thank You.
hello here
Does anyone have the answer to this ? ==> how to add games description + other info to an export template
I tried adding these variables but it did not work : %Synopsis%, %Genre%, %Developer%

The code that didn't work :
<td align="center"><font face="Tahoma"><font size="3">%Genre%</font></font></td>
<td align="center"><font face="Tahoma"><font size="3">%Developer%</font></font></td>
<td align="center"><font face="Tahoma"><font size="3">%Synopsis%</font></font></td>

Last edited by pete_boule,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-