Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
This looks great guys
biggrin.gif

But I have a problem, Last step. When I try to install cIOScorp i get an ret -1 error.

Any one know how to fix this?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fozzieb said:
just use the thread name,

Ultimate SoftMod

or

U-SoftMod

Yeah. I was thinking similar or the now "NotSoRiskii Mod"
I like acronyms.

Riskii Ultimate Softmod & Tutorial (un)Limited Edition AKA R.U.S.T.L.E. (sort of)
AWSM (Another Wii SoftMod) can be pronounced Awesome or "Not Another Wii SoftMod" for nawesome.
RFL (Riskii Fully Loaded)

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaWiis said:
This looks great guys
biggrin.gif

But I have a problem, Last step. When I try to install cIOScorp i get an ret -1 error.

Any one know how to fix this?

Google search turned this up. Some of the info is not related but seems like a problem reading the SD card.

tueidj said:
QUOTE(Heran Bago @ Jan 22 2009, 06:07 AM) I have fixed Error: Ret = -1 personally by changing to a different SD card.
If you search around, many people have seen this error, but there's no concrete technical reason why we see it.
Sure there is, I just stated what causes it: an error occurred reading from the SD card. Which makes perfect sense since you said you fixed the problem by changing SD cards. Possible causes are a corrupt filesystem on the SD card (removing the card from a windows PC without stopping the device can cause this) or incompatible SDHC card.

fullstrength, it sounds like the wadmanager channel that you're using does not handle SDHC cards properly. I agree with syst3merror's advice, find a new wadmanager v1.3 channel or just stick with running it from the HBC.

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is great work guys.

Am I right in thinking that v1 is the same as v2 but with clearer/easier instructions?

I am on v1 so is there any benefit of installing v2?

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Warrior said:
This is great work guys.

Am I right in thinking that v2 is the same as v2 but with clearer/easier instructions?

I am on v1 so is there any benefit of installing v2?
all i see is v2 has the hack remover and you can move the disc channel

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm still having some questions
1)I have a 3.2 pal wii with starfall/BL (followed the guide of EOC, also never used preloader/cioscorp)
what step do I have to start? (I was thinking 13, with the ARC), or should I do something else first?
2)Step 18 says, press YES to install special starfall type hacks. Since I already have starfall, do I still need install these hacks?

Don't tell me to read the whole topic, cause I did (might have missed some pages though)
Please help

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
feidhlim1986 said:
I'm dumping my Brawl Disc as we speak, gonna try region patching it to PAL with WiigionFree, then see if it works.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if I set my Wii to 50Hz mode (in the Wii's settings NOT AnyregionChanger) Brawl will load up, but video & gameplay is laggy???

Dumped my NTSC Brawl, used WiigionFree to patch it to PAL, burned to a Verbatim Dual-Layer DVD-R, NO CHANGE!!!!
mad.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Concerning a new name (if it isn't decided on already):

WiiN-Load or WiiN-Loader (Wii NATIVE Loader and yeah the scene wins from Nintendo, so that explains it all)
Also N-Load would be possible.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
I'm still having some questions
1)I have a 3.2 pal wii with starfall/BL (followed the guide of EOC, also never used preloader/cioscorp)
what step do I have to start? (I was thinking 13, with the ARC), or should I do something else first?
2)Step 18 says, press YES to install special starfall type hacks. Since I already have starfall, do I still need install these hacks?

Don't tell me to read the whole topic, cause I did (might have missed some pages though)
Please help

Might need someone to verify this, I'm still learning...
You can start at Phase 3 as Phase 2 is downgrading. Since you are 3.2 already, not necessary. I removed patches from Starfall first (think I read in this or the Preloader thread they can cause issues when used in conjunction with preloader hacks, can anyone confirm?) This should leave you with an original system menu that the preloader will patch. Then install Preloader as instructed (might want to d/l the hacks.ini from the the Preloader Thread I think it had a few hacks that weren't in the Riskii pack), then the cIOSCORP installer. Should be good to go after that.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about Wiihack'd

or just ask Wiibrew if you can use the name, cause imo Wiibrew sounds the best to me.

Also Its alot less complicated to just use ARC to download the System menu, then follow the guide from there. The only thing you need to uninstall is the hacks.ini if you already have one. You have to say yes to the starfall hacks.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys - this is coming along well now and like diggity said if the script gets made it will all happen quicker:P

Does anyone know how to make a a script for tpl convertor to convert all tpls in a folder to bmp's and all bmp's in a folder into tpl's?

Clarky when you come on line check ur pms
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice