Hacking Rhapsodii Shima v2.0 - PRP ed.

Danimalzpwn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima Huh you're right, I am missing a few basics here and there haha a lot has been me experimenting and slowly figuring stuff out (don't recommend) I'll check this links out and get back to ya and let you know if I was able to set it up. Thank you for the detailed rundown, very useful for noobs like me :ha:

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I forgot to say that generally, RA plugin .dols go to wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii.
The .ini files in wiiflow/plugins must point to the right directories, for dols,roms and covers.
The magic number used in the plugin .ini files must be added to source_menu.ini.

Reactions: Hakaisha

Danimalzpwn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a quick question, I set sourcemenu on start up, but when I exit and re-enter wiiflow, it isn't on the teir1 window, it comes up on the source menu on which I left off. Lets say I select handhelds/gameandwatch, then when I select a game etc, then exit back to wiiflow, it goes back to handhelds teir not teir1.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes it's true. But this is not related to Rhapsodii Shima, it's a small wiiflow bug (I remember it to be working in past versions). You should report it to Fledge68 in Wiiflow Lite thread

Raivenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi this is a really cool theme exacty what i wanted! I noticed my source flow is a bit it different to yours. I just setup wii flow so i downloaded both files and set everything in their respectective folders. Im using wiiflow v5.2.0 so if i just download the latest beta release it will fix it? Thankyou

KaiFun4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Tetsuo Shima thank you for the theme update! Didn't noticed u created a new post for rhapsodii shima 5.4 some time ago. Im still on 5.3 beta 8. Well im going to test it out after i updated my wfl to 5.4 soon :yay:

Last edited by KaiFun4Ever,

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, are you using the latest release of Wiilow Lite?
Backgrounds should automatically be displayed as long as you're using the proper magic numbers in your emulator plugins .ini (inside wiiflow/plugins/) and in your source_menu .inis (arcade.ini, consoles.ini, handhelds.ini, etc..)
Check the file platform.ini in wiiflow/plugins_data/. It lists all the supported magic numbers, so you can check if they are matching the ones you're using

Another thing, are you maybe using a mixed setup (wiiflow app on SD and covers on USB)?
This is a known issue (see this post). If that's your case try to have everything on the same storage device.
mate, im adding a new plugin but is an arcade plugin, how ever background is showing me wii boxes. whats the missing step im doing here. I want to make the big arcade background to be with my new plugin.

wheres the ini file to call those backgrounds.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The answer is right in the post you quoted.
Which plugin did you try to add to arcade?
What do you mean with "background is showing me wii boxes"? You see Wii games in the arcade flow?

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Platform.ini

How it is related to background image?

Ok it shows compatible magic numbers, i know how to add it, 4 digit character HEX code, ok.

but i want to understand the categories inside it. Does them match the background folder names?

Last edited by kokokool,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I understand. But please tell me what is the core, I'm preparing an update and I've already added some new cores, so i could have already added it.

I'll try to explain how background works, but first I have to put a warning for everyone about this:

Platform.ini is an integral part of Wiiflow and -as I said multiple times- you should NEVER change it, unless you first ask @fledge68
There are some things that could be screwed, if you don't know exactly what you're doing, like the database for snapshots and game info, but you'd also risk of breaking other plugins that worked before. Even worse, if everyone would start sharing their "custom" platform.ini's, we would have a great number of users with a TON of issues!

Sorry if that may sound limiting, but it's really important. I only want to avoid unnecessary troubles to people.

Ok, after this important warning, let's start with the explaination:
You can't set a background just like you do for other options. It's hardcoded in Wiiflow.
Platform.ini contains all the supported magic numbers you may need (except when someone releases a brand new emulator), associated to the platform names, and the respective coverflows to use.
As you may have noticed, in wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shiima, all the backgrounds are named exacty like the platform names (AMIGA, AMSTRAD, APPLEII...). You'll also notice that there are a number of duplicates, with different names.
When you add a new magic number to one of your source menu .ini's (e.g. arcade.ini) you have to make sure that number it's found in platform.ini and you must duplicate the arcade background, renaming it with the exact platform name.
Then, always in platform.ini, you have to make sure that it's using the very same coverflow (e.g. _coverflow, cart_box, pc_box ...)

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: vbarros22

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Perfect!!

That was what i wanna to know about.

Dont worry, love to mess up my wiiflow stuff and start all over again.

Thank you!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello @Tetsuo Shima I noticed someone already changed around i like the way that person did his way narrow down separating Sega, Nintendo and other brand. wondering if this is what you had before you made new version??

Reactions: Jcuralli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1