Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all i am using the latest wiiflow lite i wanted to know if it is possible to make these changes to this theme i am editing.
1) Is it possible to hide the dispayname of the various plugins? I tried to delete the dispayname line but it says "no title"
2) How the writing moves when you open a "total game" plugin. I didn't understand if it moves from the wiiflow settings or if you need to change some parameter in wiiflow/theme_lite/coverflow/theme name.
3) The covers displayed on the right and left sides of my games, both plugins and wii and gamecube, become more transparent when I move the wiimote over them, how can I make them look normal? without transparency.
Thank you.
1) I believe it's not possible, but can I ask, why would you remove such important information? If you do it, everything in the 'Select Plugin' menu and 'Select Source' menu will be blank. It's such an useful tool to have, if you need to change plugins easily.
2) What do you mean with "total game"? If you mean that little animation of the game title when you select another game, go to wiiflow Settings > Adjust Coverflow then click on the arrows at the top of the screen and select "title position", then in the first row:
Left controls the starting point of the text when you scroll the games left, Right controls the ending point of the text when you scroll to the right. Try to play with all controls until you're satisfied.
3) Go to wiiflow Settings > Adjust Coverflow then "Colors". Set everything to FF.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

90Ninety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is fun , really great work .

Regarding covers ( spline sleeves ) I was able to import and deployed them , however some reason the cover does not wrap around the box , the artwork is shrunk onto one side of the box .
Can anyone advise?

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is fun , really great work .

Regarding covers ( spline sleeves ) I was able to import and deployed them , however some reason the cover does not wrap around the box , the artwork is shrunk onto one side of the box .
Can anyone advise?
Just put your covers in wiiflow/boxcovers. Then reload cache in wiiflow.
The 'covers' folder is for front convers only

Reactions: 90Ninety

90Ninety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just put your covers in wiiflow/boxcovers. Then reload cache in wiiflow.
The 'covers' folder is for front convers only
Thanks man . I just put Neo Geo Roms on , the boxcovers look amazing . Really Nice

I am now wondering how to ensure the optimal RA cores are selected when running an emulator . For example this seems to happen automatically for NeoGeo Arcade ( Uses FBA 2012 Core for NeoGeo ) but , for CPS1 by default RA seems to use Nestopia (2.97.28) which I understand is for NES . The Nestopia Core actually runs the CPS1 roms but the Wiimote controls wont work .

I presume the optimal Core for CPS roms should be FB Alpha 2012 CPS-1 ? Is this something I have to configure in RA 'in game' or something I do with a configuration file somewhere?

Some caveats to my deployed install

I did not use the Wiiflow Database ( The game infor/sypnosis for games across wii/ Neo Geo works without it )

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks man . I just put Neo Geo Roms on , the boxcovers look amazing . Really Nice

I am now wondering how to ensure the optimal RA cores are selected when running an emulator . For example this seems to happen automatically for NeoGeo Arcade ( Uses FBA 2012 Core for NeoGeo ) but , for CPS1 by default RA seems to use Nestopia (2.97.28) which I understand is for NES . The Nestopia Core actually runs the CPS1 roms but the Wiimote controls wont work .

I presume the optimal Core for CPS roms should be FB Alpha 2012 CPS-1 ? Is this something I have to configure in RA 'in game' or something I do with a configuration file somewhere?

Some caveats to my deployed install

I did not use the Wiiflow Database ( The game infor/sypnosis for games across wii/ Neo Geo works without it )
You have to use the 'Source Menu Setup' in Wiiflow. Go into your Arcade tier (where you see the 3 buttons for Arcade, Capcom CPS and Neogeo). Press the Home button on the wiimote, then click on 'Link source buttons to plugins'.
Choose 'Capcom CPS', then check FB Alpha 2012 CPS-1, FB Alpha 2012 CPS-2, FB Alpha 2012 CPS-3.
Un-check the mark on the Nestopia core and all other undesired cores.

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
background, screenshots and game details are missing for me right now on NES:

EUSZ8XV.jpg

JeAa36T.jpg

i don't why but it shows the Wii background for me and title is Wii.
even the top banner is not visible if i open the NES section.

i checked through the other plugins and they are all working fine:

H4Rntc5.jpg

RFnn4va.jpg

here' s the FCEUMM section on platform.ini:

#fceumm
46434D4D=NES
46434D4E=FDS

i'm using the ini files you've attached for me in retroarch cores topic:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...-pixel-perfect-scanlines.624088/post-10074982

i was thinking about changing the magic number on platform.ini but then i don't know what should i add for FDS games.

thanks in advance :)

i have the latest Rhapsodi Shima 5.4.9 with fix applied.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
background, screenshots and game details are missing for me right now on NES:

EUSZ8XV.jpg

JeAa36T.jpg

i don't why but it shows the Wii background for me and title is Wii.
even the top banner is not visible if i open the NES section.

i checked through the other plugins and they are all working fine:

H4Rntc5.jpg

RFnn4va.jpg

here' s the FCEUMM section on platform.ini:

i'm using the ini files you've attached for me in retroarch cores topic:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...-pixel-perfect-scanlines.624088/post-10074982

i was thinking about changing the magic number on platform.ini but then i don't know what should i add for FDS games.

thanks in advance :)

i have the latest Rhapsodi Shima 5.4.9 with fix applied.
That happens because your platform.ini is missing the magic number for Fceumm-Hexaeco.
That part you posted from your platform.ini refers to Fceumm-Libretro, which is different.
I don't know why your platform.ini is incomplete, to fix this issue simply use the platform.ini file I attach here.

Attachments

• platform.ini.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: klonoa

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
That happens because your platform.ini is missing the magic number for Fceumm-Hexaeco.
That part you posted from your platform.ini refers to Fceumm-Libretro, which is different.
I don't know why your platform.ini is incomplete, to fix this issue simply use the platform.ini file I attach here.
thank you so much, it's working right now :D

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anyone working on the images for this theme the newly added WiiFlow Plugin Pack emulators?

Are there perhaps templates?

I noticed that the background images for PICO-8 and LedHead are different from the others, because the console is in the foreground instead of showing through from behind. Would be nice if the authors would correct this.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone working on the images for this theme the newly added WiiFlow Plugin Pack emulators?

Are there perhaps templates?

I noticed that the background images for PICO-8 and LedHead are different from the others, because the console is in the foreground instead of showing through from behind. Would be nice if the authors would correct this.
As a template, you can use these two layers.
Put your image between these two, with template 0 in the background and template 1 on the foreground.
They already have the correct transparency level.

Attachments

• bg_template_1.png
    bg_template_1.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 27
  • bg_template_0.png
    bg_template_0.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 22

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Henlo Tetsuo!

First, let me tell you I have been modding my very first Wii since I got it 3 weeks ago.
It has been a fascinating journey, specially the deeper I got in this final portion of the ricing (sexing it up).

In this last phase I have been lurking your threads for about a week and am amazed at the sheer quality of not only your work but also your support, as well as the community hosting it. I am very happy of having found gbatemp but specially of having incorporated Rhapsodii-Shima into my device.

Having paid proper respects, please do entertain a question I have been trying to answer to no avail for 12 hours of googling, searching these threads, and even specific subreddits:

I have installed all the latest packs (Rhapsodii Shima, Plug-ins) and followed all the instructions I have found, everything works great, all the boxcovers of all my consoles show flawlessly. All my games from all consoles appear, and are playable. Everything was set-up to my full satisfaction, until I Finally gave into the temptation of trying the infamous PlayStation emulation.

Thanks to the WiiSXR guide of compatible games I have added functional games to my WiiSXRX folder and will probably try a couple of unlisted games later too, provided -RX has more compatibility.

THE CRUCIAL ISSUE I HAVE WITH WIIFLOW'S WIISXRX ARE THE BOXCOVERS!!
FOR THE LIFE OF ME I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A CACHE OF THE COVERS, NOT EVEN ONE COVER OF MY 23 GAMES.

I have tried the Skrapper(.net) boxcovers just in case, but specially I have tried the Jewel Case PlayStation boxcovers found in the Second Covers Collections Thread, here. The cool "blank" boxcover design for a jewelcase is displayed on all the games (not the white box, but the one with the PSX looking design), so I do not think it is looking for DVD cases.
(The link to the DVD PlayStation cases is dead anyway.)

So yeah... would there be a particular option I am missing?

I have even double checked the Plugin .ini file and it does call for /wiiflow/boxcovers/playstation which is the folder I am using. But I also tried placing the covers inside SD://WiiSXRX/PlayStation and SD:/WiiSXRX/Boxcovers/Playstation LOL
I am THAT desperate.

Of course I have all the covers named in cue.png format. All my other consoles' boxes show up, so I have troubleshot the usual errors already. I am actually using the boxcovers from this community, to have best compatibility. Yet I am baffled.

Oh My! Anyways, thank you for everything you have done for US ALL thus far, this is my first post but you have already guided me and answered many questions through these pages!

You are a massive Legend, a Gentleman, and a Scholar.
Thank you! .

Last edited by popckorn,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey @popckorn thank you so much for all your kind words. Rhapsodii Shima is my love letter to the gbatemp community, which gave me so much, and I'm happy when my work and my posts are useful to people with the same passion like you.
Let me tell you, if within 3 weeks you managed to install and configure everything by yourself, including Rhapsodii Shima and the gargantuan Plugins Pack, with just this single issue... then I congratulate you, because there's a lot to know.

Ok, let's see if I can help!
I think it can be two things:
1) In the plugin .ini file, check what file types are supported and add .cue if it's missing. Chances are that you're seeing .bin files in your cover flow.
2) Maybe you placed the blank cover in the foler and reloaded cache before putting the actual game covers?
If so, maybe wiiflow cache was created with blank covers for every game.*
Try this: go to wiiflow/cache/PlayStation, and delete all the .wfc files. Then boot Wiiflow and do a Reload Cache.

* Once a cover is cached, Wiiflow doesn't care if the .png file is replaced with a new one. It will always load the .wfc file. Even if you do a Reload Cache, it will skip that game, because the file result already cached, so I always delete all wfc files manually when I want to update some covers.
By the way, I'm working on a new set of PSX covers, all in PAL cases format (which I prefer).
They are not yet ready for release, however if you want to try with new covers, I could send them to you

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
  • Love
Reactions: popckorn

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey @popckorn thank you so much for all your kind words. Rhapsodii Shima is my love letter to the gbatemp community, which gave me so much, and I'm happy when my work and my posts are useful to people with the same passion like you.
Let me tell you, if within 3 weeks you managed to install and configure everything by yourself, including Rhapsodii Shima and the gargantuan Plugins Pack, with just this single issue... then I congratulate you, because there's a lot to know.

Ok, let's see if I can help!
I think it can be two things:
1) In the plugin .ini file, check what file types are supported and add .cue if it's missing. Chances are that you're seeing .bin files in your cover flow.
2) Maybe you placed the blank cover in the foler and reloaded cache before putting the actual game covers?
If so, maybe wiiflow cache was created with blank covers for every game.*
Try this: go to wiiflow/cache/PlayStation, and delete all the .wfc files. Then boot Wiiflow and do a Reload Cache.

* Once a cover is cached, Wiiflow doesn't care if the .png file is replaced with a new one. It will always load the .wfc file. Even if you do a Reload Cache, it will skip that game, because the file result already cached, so I always delete all wfc files manually when I want to update some covers.
By the way, I'm working on a new set of PSX covers, all in PAL cases format (which I prefer).
They are not yet ready for release, however if you want to try with new covers, I could send them to you

Much obliged!

I have been using Linux (Mint, but still) for about 10 years.
I spent January - April setting up the perfect RG280V so I got well mentalized for the grinding.
I also spent last two years revisiting retro consoles of my youth (1987 here) with RetroArch, so that also prepared me for the level of geeking-out this hobbie entails. Retroarch is EXTREMELY satisfying once you learn it properly. But the curve is steep.
I also managed to make MAME work for my particular collection of SHMUPs, which is another messy experience...

But above all, the only reason I never rage-quitted is because you have really answered ALL the questions that I came up with, granted I had to google a lot to find them, trying different ways of expressing my problem, and all the results would invariably direct me to you. This is really a well supported project. Outstandingly so.

Back to the matter:

[ Before trying your possible solutions, let me tell you I already checked the Cache folder, and there is only the generic cover in there, a single wfc file that is used for all the covers, no game is mentioned in the cache. But Wiiflow shows all my games by name and launches them. So I am guessing it is not the cache. I am a bit afraid of deleting that single generic cover, because I deleted the cache of another console in the past and I was left with the ugly empty white boxes, not even the generic cool one. I might delete the single cache'd file if everything else fails. ]

So I went to the plugin's .ini file, instead, thinking it is not the single file in the cache:

GOTCHA!

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}
bannersound=ZZ--Sounds/PS1.ogg
consolecoverid=Sony
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=PlayStation
displayname=PlayStation (WiiSXRX)
dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol
filetypes=.bin|.img|.iso|.cdi <---------- THERE IT IS! INCONSPICUOUSLY PRESENT (TELL ME ABOUT IT) IN ITS ABSENCE!
magic=53585258
romdir=WiiSXRX/isos
rompartition=0

So I will be adding .cue to it and try again! I will update ASAP!

As to your new update, I would be honored to try it out. I reckon the PAL boxes are the vertical DVD-like boxes?
I like those much better indeed (My PC-Engine collection is using those).
I would love to try it out and even help you trial anything you might need me to.

Now that those other boxes come into subject, something weird happened yesterday when I was trying to reload the cache from the Standard Theme, and then from Rhapsodii Vanilla, just to see if it would work in those...

The WiiSXRX boxcovers in those two are DVD boxes with the CD boxcover stretched over them. Yet as soon as I got back to Shima the boxes were back to their Jewel Case shape, albeit without the cached covers, but back to the CD box.

I thought there might be a reason for that glitch, and dared to think it would be related, now I know what the problem was, but still you might want to know that glitch. By the way before realizing the DVD covers are gone from the thread, I wanted to use those but then I realized I do not know how to chose the shape of the Boxcover... I only know they shift depending on the Theme.

Will add .cue to the .ini file and reset my Wii, BRB.

[ Edit: It turns out the SDCard got corrupted and became read-only, so I had to reformat it and speedrun the installation, I will try the solution ASAP, will update ]

FINAL EDIT [[ S O L U T I O N - H E R E ]] :

IT WAS THE INI FILE! After adding .cue to it, the covers where recognized, but now I have all the .bin jewelcases as double aand triples depending on the number of .bin files in a given game. Is it safe to remove .bin from the ini file?
I dread I might be breaking access to sound tracks or something. Is the ini file only for covers? If I will be giving covers to .cue files, may I remove .bin from the ini file?

Thank you! It is so simple once you fix it. In retrospective it is a simple and straight forward design. But it takes some initiation! I hope I can get rid of all the repeat jewel cases either by removing .bin from the ini, or any other way,

Last edited by popckorn,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just check the format of all your games, are there any games with only a single .bin file and no .cue? In that case you can convert them to other formats, or try to download them from another source.
Otherwise you can safely remove the .bin extension from the ini file, like I did (all my games are in .bin+.cue or .img format).
I don't know why the .cue file type is missing from the .ini, probably it's just an oversight.

Regarding the different box shapes from vanilla Rhapsodii, it's normal, as they are defined by the theme (look in wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/Rhapsodii Shima.ini).
The original Rhapsodii theme is very old, so it is very outdated in this regard.
Now the same box shapes that my theme is using are officially included in wiiflow default theme by its author.
DVD cases are no more supported, and by the way that set was very incomplete.
My covers are in Psx CD case format (the pal case) because I only work on recreating original stuff like I remember from my memories, with cusom covers I can't get the same nostalgia effect so I really don't like them.
I'll soon release the new cover set, stay tuned,

• Love

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Brilliant! Thank you!

I will keep only .cue and remove .bin. Because all my Wii CD-ROMs are in that format.
I always keep the .cue files, and provided some CDs have many tracks (.bin) files, I think it will be cleaner this way.

Thank you so much for your swift and concise support.

I understand what you mean by PAL covers now. I am Mexican and all my childhood games were NTSC USA imports. And when I look for covers, half of the time I end up getting Nippon covers, because they have the best art.
Still I would love seeing your PAL replicas when they are done, I might find a couple of those better.
In the case of games with several CDs, I might use your covers to avoid repeating the same one.

Again, I am very grateful for all your work prior to my query, but specially your attention to my particular questions.

I was an ISO Auditor for Quality Systems and Quality Assurance SOPs, in the Medical Devices Manufacturing Industry.
You are the Quality Systems Dream-Manager every company wishes they had during an audit.
Fast, Clear, Concise, Effective. Quick to identify and own errors. But most importantly: swift to provide satisfactory solutions.

Again: It is a pleasure not only setting-up, and using your mods; but also troubleshooting them with you.
Much Obliged!

P.D:
Which thread should I keep tabs on, in order to be informed of your new collection?
Is there a forum to watch daily? A particular thread for all things Shima? A Shima general?
I am new to the website, navigating it through Google queries prior to registering yesterday, so pardon my ignorance.

EDIT: I am reading WSXRX documentation and am a bit confused:
DOES WSXRX SUPPORT .cue/.bin IMAGES WITH MULTIPLE BINS?
I seemed to understand it asks for a single bin but many games have several bins. Do I need to convert those games?
Or did they mean that it must be a single image per folder?

Last edited by popckorn,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For games with several CD's you can just hide them in Wiiflow leaving only disc 1, your games collection will be clean from useless entries.
To do so, select the game that you want to hide, click on the category icon (the drawer icon) and select the 'hidden' category at the last position. I can't remember if you need to use the CreateCat application first, to make the hidden category appear, some years have passed since I used it.
I did this with my own collection, except only for 2 particular games where both discs are bootable separately: Resident Evil 2 (Leon & Claire) and Gran Turismo 2 (Arcade mode & Simulation mode).
For these 2 games I made separate covers for disc 1 and 2, to recognize them.
I attach here these covers for you to see.
To my knowledge, they are the only multidisc games that works differently from the others, but I may be wrong.

Which thread should I keep tabs on, in order to be informed of your new collection?
I'm no more active like I was in the past (real life troubles) so atm I just make some covers from time to time.
When the new PSX cover set will be ready for release I'll post it here:
Covers Collections part 1
Keep an eye also on:
Covers Collections part 2
if in the future I will add some other cover for the other platforms.

DOES WSXRX SUPPORT .cue/.bin IMAGES WITH MULTIPLE BINS?
Yes, don't worry they are supported (I have many games with .cue + multiple .bin's and they all work with no issues)

Attachments

• Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade mode [PAL].png
    Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade mode [PAL].png
    662.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Gran Turismo 2 - GT mode [PAL].png
    Gran Turismo 2 - GT mode [PAL].png
    661.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Resident Evil 2 - Claire [PAL].png
    Resident Evil 2 - Claire [PAL].png
    574.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Resident Evil 2 - Leon [PAL].png
    Resident Evil 2 - Leon [PAL].png
    573.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Love

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Much Obliged.

I read your hidden category solution back in another thread, when I was researching a solution before making an account here. You proposed it for another user with the same issue. So I tried it before, but my drawer icon shows numbered categories only, no hidden category. Now I know I need CreateCat to make it appear, which is amazing, because it is a good solution.

Once again, thank you VERY much. I am relieved I can keep my multi-bin isos, with their full audio.

I pray for a satisfactory solution to your IRL problems, or in the worst case scenario a fast resignation for your mourning. We will be relieved of all these inconveniences when we die. In the meantime may you find comfort and pleasure in the small simple things of life.

PS: I really do like your covers. I love it when I find covers with hologram, and yours are BOXCOVERS with hologram. Superb!

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Aaaand I am back...

So @Tetsuo Shima , I am finally going to trial some PCEngine CD games, and just realized that the Boxcovers are streched into a DVD box shape, even though all the boxart is in CD format. All of them are stretched vertically, as if they were Turbografx-16 boxes.

How exactly should I go about making them back into CD?

EDIT:

I just realized that changing the plug-in attached to the source fixes the issue:
Source: PCEngine CD-ROM
Plugin: NEC PCE CD (SGFX-RA) = DVD box (or Turbografx-16 vertical box, more likely)
Plugin: NEC PCE CD (WiiMednafen) = CD box, with correctly shaped boxart.

For some reason the RetroArch Plug-In treats the Source as TGFX-16 boxart-wise regardless of it being TGFX-16CD.
I would still appreciate if there were a way to fix the aspect ratio of the boxcovers if I so chose to use RetroArch Plugin for some reason. Even though I reckon the RetroArch PlugIn would be using the Mednaffen Core (Beetle) anyway?

My only issue with WiiMednaffen is that I do not know where to place the BIOS, and this might be the reason games won't boot and Mednaffen will start up and tell me "There is no system that supports this CD".

Currently I placed the bios at SD/wiimednaffen/syscard3.pce
provided it did not work I also tried SD/wiimednaffen/BIOS/syscard3.pce
To no avail. Mednaffen will simply "find no system that supports this CD".

Should I place it somewhere else? Inside a folder in particular?

Ironically RetroArch using the Beetle core will run the games (its BIOS folder is quite straight forward), even though it displays the wrong boxart ratio.

Thanks a lot for you generous time!
I really want to play the games now that the boxart covers are fixed.

Last edited by popckorn,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aaaand I am back...

So @Tetsuo Shima , I am finally going to trial some PCEngine CD games, and just realized that the Boxcovers are streched into a DVD box shape, even though all the boxart is in CD format. All of them are stretched vertically, as if they were Turbografx-16 boxes.

How exactly should I go about making them back into CD?

EDIT:

I just realized that changing the plug-in attached to the source fixes the issue:
Source: PCEngine CD-ROM
Plugin: NEC PCE CD (SGFX-RA) = DVD box (or Turbografx-16 vertical box, more likely)
Plugin: NEC PCE CD (WiiMednafen) = CD box, with correctly shaped boxart.

For some reason the RetroArch Plug-In treats the Source as TGFX-16 boxart-wise regardless of it being TGFX-16CD.
I would still appreciate if there were a way to fix the aspect ratio of the boxcovers if I so chose to use RetroArch Plugin for some reason. Even though I reckon the RetroArch PlugIn would be using the Mednaffen Core (Beetle) anyway?

My only issue with WiiMednaffen is that I do not know where to place the BIOS, and this might be the reason games won't boot and Mednaffen will start up and tell me "There is no system that supports this CD".

Currently I placed the bios at SD/wiimednaffen/syscard3.pce
provided it did not work I also tried SD/wiimednaffen/BIOS/syscard3.pce
To no avail. Mednaffen will simply "find no system that supports this CD".

Should I place it somewhere else? Inside a folder in particular?

Ironically RetroArch using the Beetle core will run the games (its BIOS folder is quite straight forward), even though it displays the wrong boxart ratio.

Thanks a lot for you generous time!
I really want to play the games now that the boxart covers are fixed.
The reason why your covers are in DVD case format resides in the platform.ini file (found in wiiflow/plugins_data) and the magic number(s) you're using for the wiimednafen plugin .ini.
Can you attach here these two files
- platform.ini
- your plugin .ini file for wiimednafen pcecd

About the bios problem, placing the bios in /wiimednafen/syscard3.pce is certainly correct. Maybe you need the american bios too, or you have a corrupted file.
Also, I read on Wiibrew that the /wiimednafen directory containing the BIOS and the directory containing the application binary (the .dol file) must reside both on the same device, while ROMS can be on a different one.
Check if they are both on your SD or USB.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The reason why your covers are in DVD case format resides in the platform.ini file (found in wiiflow/plugins_data) and the magic number(s) you're using for the wiimednafen plugin .ini.
Can you attach here these two files
- platform.ini
- your plugin .ini file for wiimednafen pcecd

About the bios problem, placing the bios in /wiimednafen/syscard3.pce is certainly correct. Maybe you need the american bios too, or you have a corrupted file.
Also, I read on Wiibrew that the /wiimednafen directory containing the BIOS and the directory containing the application binary (the .dol file) must reside both on the same device, while ROMS can be on a different one.
Check if they are both on your SD or USB.
Brilliant! Thank you, here we go:
Platform.ini (/wiiflow/plugins_data/platform.ini) Attached!
Plugin ini for WiiMednafen PCECD (/wiiflow/plugins/PC Engine CD/PCE_CD_wiimednafen.ini) Attached!
Both contained in Attached.7z

RE:BIOS

I did read the documentation when setting up the SD card + HDD, and decided to keep all-things-emulators in the SD card. Only my NGC and WII ROMS are stored in the HDD. The BIOS image I am using is the same that does work on my Laptop's RetroArch.

I just tried the placement of the BIOS both at /wiimednaffen/syscard3.pce and /wiimednaffen/firmware/syscard3.pce
The result is the same. WiiMednafen's glowing beetle comes up and says "There is no system that supports this CD".
I am trying to run the same CDs that do run with RetroArch.

EDIT 2: I just realized, reading the WiiMednafen Wiki at WiiBrew.com that wiimednafen does not play .cue files with multiple .bin -all my backups are in this format-. In case of these multi bin dumps they call for their conversion to .iso + .ogg audio.
This will certainly be the reason of my failure to play with this plugin.

This will not be an issue thanks to your exhaustive work incorporating every plugin successfully into your Mod. RetroArch does play my backups in their multi .bin format without problems.
I will only be left with the oddly sized boxcovers now that I MUST stick to RetroArch's plugin in order to play PCE-CD.

I truly appreciate your disposition, Tetsuo.
Thank You!

Attachments

• Attached.7z
    2.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by popckorn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol