ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How can you make it work? For me it doesnt work. My fw and atmosphere are: 9.1.0|AMS 0.10.0|E
I tried with DQXIS, maybe it’s working for you but you don’t notice the difference.

The difference is pretty noticeable in manglegroove, even more if you use HQ graphics mod.

Last edited by cucholix,

Zenate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with DQXIS, maybe it’s working for you but you don’t notice the difference.

The difference is pretty noticeable in manglegroove, even more if you use HQ graphics mod.
No i tested with pokemon ss, zelda botw and i can confirm it no longer work. Please someone tell me how to fix it. You can update to lastest versions as mine and check it yourself.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No i tested with pokemon ss, zelda botw and i can confirm it no longer work. Please someone tell me how to fix it. You can update to lastest versions as mine and check it yourself.
I just tested Pokemon Sword and it works fine, it even lags when I don't overclock to dock speeds in handheld mode, like you I'm using latest atmosphere 0.10.1 (NO prerelease), and latest Switch FW .

Also I'm using reverseNX per title, NO global.

Last edited by cucholix,

ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I press A loading ReverseNX Is still disable it wont enable

Attachments

• 157642286685185372469060302484.jpg
    157642286685185372469060302484.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 191

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I press A loading ReverseNX Is still disable it wont enable
Try to press A, close ReverseNX-Tool and go back. If it's still disabled:
- be sure any game is closed
- restart Switch
- check if all folders are placed correctly

And I know nothing about CFW and FW you are using.

ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to press A, close ReverseNX-Tool and go back. If it's still disabled:
- be sure any game is closed
- restart Switch
- check if all folders are placed correctly

Atmosphere I'm pretty sure I have everything in right place cause it worked for 8.1.0 for me

And I know nothing about CFW and FW you are using.

Zenate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ffs, update it to 0.10.1. I'm not helping with bugged pre-release.

And i don't know why I didn't get notifications from this topic...
I updated to 0.10.1. I tried to delete SaltySD folder and extract the new one again. It still doesnt work, still handheld graphic with pokemon ss and mario o. 2 notices:
1. I boot by the yellow mode.
2. I added luigi mansion to the exception.txt and I have the game luigi mansion installed.
Help me please your plugin is awesome but why it doesnt work with new fw and new atmosphere. :((

Last edited by Zenate,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I updated to 0.10.1. I tried to delete SaltySD folder and extract the new one again. It still doesnt work, still handheld graphic with pokemon ss and mario o. 2 notices:
1. I boot by the yellow mode.
2. I added luigi mansion to the exception.txt and I have the game luigi mansion installed.
Help me please your plugin is awesome but why it doesnt work with new fw and new atmosphere. :((

It's been a while since you posted this, but I can confirm it is working fine on 0.10.1, just make sure you also add the contents of either KIP-0.1.zip or NSP-0.1.zip to the respective folders, if you go with the NSP one remember it's now "contents" instead of "titles" on atmosphere, and if you go with the KIP one to add the "kip1=atmosphere/kips/*" line to hekate_ipl.ini as you can read on the README file.

Zenate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since you posted this, but I can confirm it is working fine on 0.10.1, just make sure you also add the contents of either KIP-0.1.zip or NSP-0.1.zip to the respective folders, if you go with the NSP one remember it's now "contents" instead of "titles" on atmosphere, and if you go with the KIP one to add the "kip1=atmosphere/kips/*" line to hekate_ipl.ini as you can read on the README file.
OMG you are my savior. The reason is 0.10.1 change titles folder to contents folder. Now it works very well. Thanks a lot! GBATemp needs people like you.

Last edited by Zenate,
Reactions: Zkajavier

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
It seems Minecraft version 1.14.1 is not working, it used to work for me on previous versions but since the last update it crashes while starting.

Also, Grid Autosport version 1.5_46790 now works. (it doesn't)

Just reporting :P

Last edited by Zkajavier,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It seems Minecraft version 1.14.1 is not working, it used to work for me on previous versions but since the last update it crashes while starting.

Also, Grid Autosport version 1.5_46790 now works.

Just reporting :P
Also have issues with previously working game, Alien Isolation, now it crashes :(

Edit: I tried GRID it doesn't work for me, using nsp method

Last edited by cucholix,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also have issues with previously working game, Alien Isolation, now it crashes :(

Edit: I tried GRID it doesn't work for me, using nsp method
Also tried grid and it's not working. That's why I updated exceptions.txt
And Alien Isolation issue came from game update or what else?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ReverseNX-Tool 1.32 has been released

It adds function that checks if SaltyNX was injected properly. So no more need for checking log file if it was loaded to memory or not.
If it was not injected properly, well... You will see Red Screen of Death. :D
error.jpg

Edit: 1.32 temporarily deleted because it was disrupting SaltyNX work. Probably it will need update to SaltyNX code to make this working.

Last edited by masagrator,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ReverseNX-Tool 1.32 has been released

It adds function that checks if SaltyNX was injected properly. So no more need for checking log file if it was loaded to memory or not.
If it was not injected properly, well... You will see Red Screen of Death. :D
error.jpg

Edit: 1.32 temporarily deleted because it was disrupting SaltyNX work. Probably it will need update to SaltyNX code to make this working.
Great idea, I hope it will work eventually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==