Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its not one of the included cores? And it runs slow?
:glare: Could've mentioned that from the beginning. Thanks tho.
If you want a game system that can play arcade versions of killer instinct 1 and 2 you can either use an original xbox with kixxx emulator for xbox or buy killer instinct definitive edition for xbox one that has killer instinct 1 and 2 plus they also have online play.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play them on my old Mac 2014 just fine but its not the same.
Just wish I could play them on the Wii U that’s all. I was curious specially since one of the recent updates shown on the libreto site had a picture of KI and others games now being supported and also all these Killer Instinct videos on Youtube running the game through Retroarch on other consoles had me hopeful. Drats.

Does it really take much for the Wii U to push this game?

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play them on my old Mac 2014 just fine but its not the same.
Just wish I could play them on the Wii U that’s all. I was curious specially since one of the recent updates shown on the libreto site had a picture of KI and others games now being supported and also all these Killer Instinct videos on Youtube running the game through Retroarch on other consoles had me hopeful. Drats.

Does it really take much for the Wii U to push this game?
With retroarch it feels like only certain platforms get the spotlight when it comes to optimization of porting cores and getting them running the best they can as far as i know. windows, mac, android, and ios. Feels like any platform that's not those gets ignored. That's just how i feel though. Would personally rather have stand alone emulators instead of porting retroarch to everything and calling it a day.

Last edited by cvskid,

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted this a few pages ago. Curious if anyone knows anything about how to fix these or if this thread is just gonna be about crying that devs moved to Switch now like the PPSSPP thread became? I also ran into the issue today that using xmb and trying to scan a folder or item into a playlist causes a crash where I have to unplug my WiiU, and trying to select a game from a playlist boots me back to the homebrew loader. It would be great to get this thing working as good as Retroarch on PC.
Using the newest stable version that I downloaded yesterday, all of the MAME cores kick me out to the homebrew loader. If I try to load up retroarch after selecting one it black screens and goes right back to the homebrew loader, I have to remove my SD card and edit the config file manually to a different selected core to fix it. Also, using the ozone menu driver (looks great, BTW, thanks for implementing this) if I select a play list the games disappear. Like highlighting the playlist itself shows them, but selecting the playlist causes it to go blank just showing the cover art/time played bar on the right. I tried updating the database and assets within retroarch itself with no luck.

If anyone knows how to fix these I would appreciate it. Everything else seems to work great, I was having a blast playing some SNES Mario rom hacks last night on my WiiU with the SNES 9x core.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@n00bsaib0t The reason why peeps crying about devs moving on is exactly the same reason your referring to RetroArch and Homebrew development for WiiU.

I would be happy with N64 Emulation brought up to speed.

To go all out throw 32X Saturn and Dreamcast on too then I be happy.

Better than nothing though atleast RetroArch is on the Platform.

Instead of crying though do your own research and fix it yourself , Not you personally all of us the amount of people here surely if we work and code togather we could get it up to scratch so get learning to code that what im trying anyway.

Last edited by CORE,

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i seem to be getting too many crashes with MAME2003 and FBA2012 RPX cores, would using ELF core be more stable, would launching the cores directly from hbl be more stable than running them through the retrorch xmb, also rgui gives me just black screen, whats up with that

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@n00bsaib0t The reason why peeps crying about devs moving on is exactly the same reason your referring to RetroArch and Homebrew development for WiiU.

I would be happy with N64 Emulation brought up to speed.

To go all out throw 32X Saturn and Dreamcast on too then I be happy.

Better than nothing though atleast RetroArch is on the Platform.

Instead of crying though do your own research and fix it yourself , Not you personally all of us the amount of people here surely if we work and code togather we could get it up to scratch so get learning to code that what im trying anyway.
This concept might be foreign to you, but if I knew how to fix it myself I wouldn't be asking if anyone else is having these issues or how to fix them. At the very least google did turn up someone else saying the ozone driver is returning blank playlists, but I'm not seeing anything about Mame or selecting a game from a playlist crashing retroarch. Mame was working on 1.7.5, I tested Ultimate MK3 Juggernat Hack on it. So yeah, I'm asking why the 1.7.7 update might have broken Mame for me. It's not an unreasonable question. It's also the only one with no work around, as I can still load games just fine by selecting them from Load Content. So yeah, I would love to at least get Mame 2003 running again.

TheJez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having trouble with .slangp shaders. How do I compile them so that they can work?
I got the slangs, but they are not recognized on the shaders menu, actually on the newest build I cannot find the shaders option (May be it was removed), I just wanted to add scanlines (overlays are not working for me neither), so I guess we'll have to wait.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey what is actual size thumbnails for retroarch ? I have google it and not really help but i have the thumbnails already also some are missing like Pac-Man (USA) (Namco) not Pac-Man (USA) (Tengen) when i looked they put Namco as Tengen it is not right box cover I dont want to spend money on Art Studio to extra large the cover without looking blurry and stretched out.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I suggest you scroll down on this page and read up the information there.

http://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

As for the exact thumbnail size I do not know but you can download pre-made individual thumbnails from this info on the same page and check out their size.

“These packs can be downloaded manually from http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com and individual thumbnails from within the packs can be downloaded from http://thumbnails.libretro.com.

Custom thumbnails
Users who wish to use their own thumbnails can do so by naming PNG image files according to the RetroArch naming convention.“

Cheers!

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I suggest you scroll down on this page and read up the information there.

http://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

As for the exact thumbnail size I do not know but you can download pre-made individual thumbnails from this info on the same page and check out their size.

“These packs can be downloaded manually from http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com and individual thumbnails from within the packs can be downloaded from http://thumbnails.libretro.com.

Custom thumbnails
Users who wish to use their own thumbnails can do so by naming PNG image files according to the RetroArch naming convention.“

Cheers!
That what I have and google for images Thanks anyway :grog:

Reactions: Maxbeta

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to download the Mame 2003 core through retroarch itself to see if it worked even though the one bundled with the 1.7.7 download on the website doesn't and was pleasantly surprised to see that it did. It didn't crash when I selected the core, exiting retroarch and loading it again worked, and loading games worked. I played through Turtles in Time tonight. So if anyone else is having issues with specific cores try deleting them and downloading them through the Download a Core option at the bottom of your cores list.

This doesn't fix the issues with everything involving playlists crashing retroarch, but that's minor compared to a core outright not letting retroarch boot so I'm content right now.

Reactions: Garcimak

slimpyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im taking screenshots while playing and they seem to all be distorted, regardless of game... any idea why? im not using any shaders or filtering

Attachments

• Final Fantasy VI Fan Project-190605-163335.png
    Final Fantasy VI Fan Project-190605-163335.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 128

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What happened to the Shaders option in the menu? I updated to the latest nightly build and it's gone. Why was it removed? :(

Edit:
Did some testing and it looks like the last build where shaders were still intact is 2019-06-17. With 2019-06-18 the "Shaders" option disappeared from the menu.
I looked through the commits and there were indeed multiple changes related to shaders on June 18. But I don't know enough about coding to understand what's going on there.

Last edited by Aglaophotis,

MarkBowen

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi folks! New user here with some questions in process of installing Retroarch, so please bare with me. I've read dozens of guides and they all tell me to download installers etc and put on my SD card. Why can't I just install retroarch from the Homebrew Appstore? This would seem like the easiest way of getting RetroArch on my WiiU. Is there any difference? I recently hacked my WiiU and have a working CBHC installed.

Thanks!

Last edited by MarkBowen,

niknice72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, can anybody confirm whether the Cannonball core is broken with the latest Retroarch release. The core is loading fine to the scrolling road but as soon as you try to start, it freezes. I’ve confirmed the files are correct (works on the Wii version). Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we need a device where we can ask an assistant that can fit in our pockets too bad Samsung... +1