Country
United States

Retroaussie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No sure what you guys are on about, the WiiU Retroarch port works fine and stable! Yes some emulators are unavailable eg PSX, Dreamcast etc but thats due to the complexity of getting them to run on the WiiU, I have a solid build with over 10,000 roms, custom playlists & bezels with no issues

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sure what you guys are on about, the WiiU Retroarch port works fine and stable! Yes some emulators are unavailable eg PSX, Dreamcast etc but thats due to the complexity of getting them to run on the WiiU, I have a solid build with over 10,000 roms, custom playlists & bezels with no issues

We're talking about switching multiple games, multiple cores, back and forth without any crashes at all. It used to be that doing that would force hard rebooting.

Retroaussie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We're talking about switching multiple games, multiple cores, back and forth without any crashes at all. It used to be that doing that would force hard rebooting.
No issues with switching multiple games or cores, if you create the playlists with the emulator path coded into into the playlists then it works fine without crashing, feel free to join the Wii U Modders group or Retromanicus on FaceBook, my build is available there.

Last edited by Retroaussie,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More people own Wii’s and Gamecubes than actual Wii U’s, hence they got some updates on the latest build.
Has anyone tested the latest build by the way?
I’ll be updating and doing a full report of what I can gather sometime this weekend.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No issues with switching multiple games or cores, if you create the playlists with the emulator path coded into into the playlists then it works fine without crashing, feel free to join the Wii U Modders group or Retromanicus on FaceBook, my build is available there.
I couldn't find the "Retromanicus" group on Facebook. You sure that's the correct spelling?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone needs to post a link is possible

Reactions: Maxbeta

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried reading? You saying all the issues I posted about don't exist doesn't get rid of them.

Retroaussie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Having a link on this build would help, hopefully someone can post it.
As mentioned in a previous post, the link for the build is on RetroManiacUS and Wii / Wii U Modders Facebook Groups, the build requires a 128GB SD card and a modded Wii U, very easy to install but can take a while to unzip and copy to SD Card, here are some details on the build

- 55 System/Collections

- Custom playlists

- 99.9% Artwork for all roms

- Full Complete port of the Bezel Project to the Wii U incorporating per rom, system & handheld bezels

- All vertical roms automatically flipped 180 degrees, (by default they launch upside down for some strange reason)

- All playlists preconfigured to launch with correct emulator straight away.

Here is a preview -

Last edited by Retroaussie,
Reactions: depaul and piete

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned in a previous post, the link for the build is on RetroManiacUS and Wii / Wii U Modders Facebook Groups, the build requires a 128GB SD card and a modded Wii U, very easy to install but can take a while to unzip and copy to SD Card, here are some details on the build

- 55 System/Collections

- Custom playlists

- 11,000 Roms

- 99.9% Artwork for all roms

- Full Complete port of the Bezel Project to the Wii U incorporating per rom, system & handheld bezels

- All vertical roms automatically flipped 180 degrees, (by default they launch upside down for some strange reason)

- All playlists preconfigured to launch with correct emulator straight away.

Here is a preview -

I'd rather just have RetroArch and the emulator cores, not the ROMs, because um, against the rules to share links. Damn, oh well.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Libretro Team posted on Patreon concerning the Wii U port. If there are issues with it, they want to hear it on their page or on GitHub, not on here so much.
Well yeah that makes plenty of sense.
I would advise everyone having issues to go report them there and not waste anymore time on this thread otherwise we’ll just keep having people complaining about stuff not working with no resolve.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4