Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For ps1... dear god so many great games... for N64... Castlevania 1 and two.. Army Men Sarge's Heroes.. so on... This stuff has me excited.. my wii u is becoming a great hub for games. Now if I could just get those damn arcade games working..

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloading 29 GB of roms for that delicious Mame 2003 core. My old ass HDD is screaming

But having my Wii U as a Mame machine will be worth the price.

Now here's a question, are there intentions of implementing Dimok's USB solution to Retroarch?

Reactions: ploggy

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of good that's gonna do them, it's not even gonna get them anywhere with improving the core speed, PSX full speed on Wii U is clearly impossible.
Rome wasn't built in a day

The dynamic recompiler will be built, it'll just take time. How much time, I don't know, but people are clearly interested in it, and interest tends to generate prioritization in the scene

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rome wasn't built in a day

The dynamic recompiler will be built, it'll just take time. How much time, I don't know, but people are clearly interested in it, and interest tends to generate prioritization in the scene

Well, it sounded like no one had interest, I recall Aliaspider saying he had no interest in porting such cores over.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it sounded like no one had interest, I recall Aliaspider saying he had no interest in porting such cores over.
Yes, i'm pretty sure the psx core was compiled and fixed simply because people in this thread pointed out it had preliminary wii u support. could be wrong tho.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They most likely don't have the experience necessary to develop on the Wii U. Wait for someone who knows the Wii U architecture *cough Fix & Co. cough* to take a look at it and it will eventually get done

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They most likely don't have the experience necessary to develop on the Wii U. Wait for someone who knows the Wii U architecture *cough Fix & Co. cough* to take a look at it and it will eventually get done

Don't mean to jump to conclusions, I just woke up and aren't fully awake yet, I just misinterpreted their context, sorry. I hate waking up with splitting headaches XD

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, is there anyone here who knows enough about wii u homebrew development to make/help me make an app that could potentially get the latest nightlies automatically?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i'm pretty sure the psx core was compiled and fixed simply because people in this thread pointed out it had preliminary wii u support. could be wrong tho.
Yep, i was right:
Out of curiosity, what really happened to the Mednafen PSX core which was being distributed around for the Unofficial cores back in the Wii days?
Was it a fork made by someone else, or was it from the official repo?
Wouldn't that one be a good place to work with for the PPC Dynarec for said core on the Wii U instead of starting from scratch?

All I could find about it was this:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/584

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something happened to the 11-30 nightlies, their sizes are only 131 and like 32 bytes, what happened?:blink: Was gonna try them out, guess we wait till later.

@VinsCool @ShadowOne333, do either of you have a 11-30 build before they drastically reduced in size?
Oh, no I don't.
The earliest one before that is the 29-11 build made at 07:09 yesterday.
I'm unsure why the sudden drop in size occurred, maybe @FIX94 or @aliaspider could take a look at it, it might have been a bug in the buildbot or in the makefile for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy