Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it sounded like no one had interest, I recall Aliaspider saying he had no interest in porting such cores over.
Yes, those were his words exactly. His post basically answered any questions you have dude. Is it impossible? Of course not. Will it happen ever? It is way too soon to say. At this point just look at it is a proof of concept. There's no use in sitting around getting frustrated thinking about it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, those were his words exactly. His post basically answered any questions you have dude. Is it impossible? Of course not. Will it happen ever? It is way too soon to say. At this point just look at it is a proof of concept. There's no use in sitting around getting frustrated thinking about it.

No, there isn't, and you're right, it's a matter of waiting things out, mostly; there are other cores I'll be testing out in the mean time. My apologies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not impossible, but we need a dynarec for PPC. Simply porting PCSX ReARMed won't work because that has dynarec for ARM, not PPC (hence the name).

3DS, Vita, iPhone and most Android are ARM. Wii, Wii U, GameCube, 360 etc. are PPC.
I can't wait to see the day in which we have our own PPCSX RePOWERed for the Wii U. :P

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's taken me the best part of a day but I managed to fall through being able to compile Retroarch (both RPX and ELF) ;)
Doesn't really matter since we have the build bot but it's nice to learn new things :)
Looking back I'm not 100% sure what I did altogether.. But it's working :)

Reactions: KiiWii and VinsCool

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a vita tomorrow.. some dude released a hack called adrenaline.. soon, the vita will be able to load psx backups... that memory card is expensive as hell though. Cool stuff going on right now. So colan... what do you think about psx doom? Well, frankly they f'ed the game up when they changed the sprite and animations for the double shotgun..that enough to kill it for you?-"YES" lol.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm buying a vita tomorrow.. some dude released a hack called adrenaline.. soon, the vita will be able to load psx backups... that memory card is expensive as hell though. Cool stuff going on right now. So colan... what do you think about psx doom? Well, frankly they f'ed the game up when they changed the sprite and animations for the double shotgun..that enough to kill it for you?-"YES" lol.
Good for you. Meanwhile retroarch PSvita can't even reach the speed WiiU offers lol.

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a dos core to play around with yet? There are a ton of great platformers for dos.. I remember playing dune on dosbox like a decade ago.. I'm 30 now and a feeling a little old :). In fact.. I'm so old, I remember renting sega games, back in the days of vhs tapes.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a dos core to play around with yet? There are a ton of great platformers for dos.. I remember playing dune on dosbox like a decade ago.. I'm 30 now and a feeling a little old :). In fact.. I'm so old, I remember renting sega games, back in the days of vhs tapes.
The remaining cores will come eventually. It's just a matter of time.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, PCSXR does have some ppc stuff, but not sure if it's useful for retroarch anyway or what it's for really (besides ppc mac probably) . I do remember the 1.6b release mentioned timing fixes for ppc dynarec, so maybe some useful info in their repo if anyone did want to work on it. Not really sure though.

https://github.com/mirror/pcsxr/tree/master/libpcsxcore/ppc

Reactions: the_randomizer

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let's just wait for PS1 core.
There is no reason to panic, it will come eventually. If the Wii has almost a working PSX emulator (WiiSX, it can achieve full speed in some games without Frame Skipping), then I think the Wii U is more than enough to have a similar emulator, if not better.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's just wait for PS1 core.
There is no reason to panic,

Well, uh... let's say that Alias didn't make it sound good

But what the hell is up with the power of the machine? Wii can emulate it so it's more than obvious that Wii U is able to, but waaaay better. Let's stop ith that bullshit already.

The first thing we need is a PPC dynarec, and we'll have to wait for that.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, uh... let's say that Alias didn't make it sound good

But what the hell is up with the power of the machine? Wii can emulate it so it's more than obvious that Wii U is able to, but waaaay better. Let's stop ith that bullshit already.

The first thing we need is a PPC dynarec, and we'll have to wait for that.
Jesus H... can't you people just be content with what you've got to play with at the moment?? (not aiming that only at you of course) Alias, FIX and the rest have done a wonderful job giving us a good selection of consoles to play with, yet all I'm seeing from the select/usual gang is 'We want PSX nao!!', and 'We want better loading times yesterday' etc..
Someone then spends xxx time building a dynarec, releases it, and the day after you'll all be screaming for better compatibility, then N64, or PSP, or DC (delete any of those consoles when done and there's 2 left - release all 3 and you'll be onto the Saturn/3DO then!)

Alias has brought RA over to the Wii U, his comment was most likely simply to reiterate that - it didn't make the prospect of a working dynarec any less 'good sounding' - that is simply a job for someone else...
....just enjoy the thousands of games we can already play thanks to these guys and let them work their magic in their own time...;)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

Please tell me when did i ask for a PSX core NOW. Please do.

What i'm saying (as always) is that it isn't impossible. We'll have to wait (a dynarec can't be written in a day) but that's it.

You can't deny however that Alias can be very discouraging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: greetings gamer class