Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he was more worried about how playable the games are and not so much that.

Right, PSX core is gonna take...quite a while, if ever at all, I'd personally rather see that come to fruition than N64, mostly because many other devices run PSX emulators well, even low-end Android devices with 1 GHz can run PCSX well, so maybe. Ain't gonna hold my breath though :P Still, the emulator being able to close properly is a good step.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone please confirm or deny if they Snes9x 2010 core is working at full speed with the latest nightly?
I'm having serious slowdowns in all games with it, and normal Snes9x has crackling audio for me.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please confirm or deny if they Snes9x 2010 core is working at full speed with the latest nightly?
I'm having serious slowdowns in all games with it, and normal Snes9x has crackling audio for me.

Crap, I was gonna test that >.> Hold on...sorry. I was shoveling snow, will do so now.

Wait, even Snes9x 1.53? What nightly? 11-22 has no such audio crackling.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Crap, I was gonna test that >.> Hold on...sorry. I was shoveling snow, will do so now.

Wait, even Snes9x 1.53? What nightly? 11-22 has no such audio crackling.
Snes9x 2010 is the one I'm worried about, I don't get anything near fullspeed with it with any game.
I get some awful slowdowns, something like 10-15 fps at best.

As for regular Snes9x, I tested nightlies from 26 and onwards, and I get some crackling audio in Super Metroid.
Other games have some crackling too but is not so prominent.

Thanks for testing it out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9x 2010 is the one I'm worried about, I don't get anything near fullspeed with it with any game.
I get some awful slowdowns, something like 10-15 fps at best.

As for regular Snes9x, I tested nightlies from 26 and onwards, and I get some crackling audio in Super Metroid.
Other games have some crackling too but is not so prominent.

Thanks for testing it out.

Then with Snes9x mainline, as Aliasider said in the OP, if a nightly is broken, roll back to the last working one. Or let @FIX94 know that audio crackling has returned, as he's the one that worked on it. As for Snes9x 2010, I don't use it because it's too "speed hacky", but for testing, I can, well, test it out. Something is broken in 2010, not sure what, have you tried going back to one that was fixed, like, a couple of weeks ago?

I get no audio crackle in the 11-22 build of Snes9x 1.53

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then with Snes9x mainline, as Aliasider said in the OP, if a nightly is broken, roll back to the last working one. Or let @FIX94 know that audio crackling has returned, as he's the one that worked on it. As for Snes9x 2010, I don't use it because it's too "speed hacky", but for testing, I can, well, test it out. Something is broken in 2010, not sure what, have you tried going back to one that was fixed, like, a couple of weeks ago?

I get no audio crackle in the 11-22 build of Snes9x 1.53
I'm not so sure about why I'm getting the audio problems, and only with the SNES cores.
I tried with the one you posted a few days ago, but I still keep getting crackling audio out of that one, and I'm not sure why.
That's why I want someone else to test them both, because I tried rolling back to the earliest nightlies possible from the buildbot but that didn't make a difference for me.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about why I'm getting the audio problems, and only with the SNES cores.
I tried with the one you posted a few days ago, but I still keep getting crackling audio out of that one, and I'm not sure why.
That's why I want someone else to test them both, because I tried rolling back to the earliest nightlies possible from the buildbot but that didn't make a difference for me.

The only other solution I can suggest is deleting the core config files, as I literally get no audio crackling, only cores that do it are PCE and CPS1 for me, which is weird. GBA, GBC, Snes, Genesis, no crackling whatsoever. But maybe get in touch with Fix94 like I suggested, or bring it up, but he did indeed fix it. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest, aside from deleting all your RA config files and trying again. But I get no audio crackle :unsure: Sorry -_-

Try removing the config files, the buffer size in the cores are hardcoded, so they can't be changed.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just FYI I practically daily tested the builds for the past week and did not encounter any audio problem or slowdown at all yet with mainline snes9x, can you maybe record whatever audio you get out to maybe describe a little better what you mean with audio crackling?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only other solution I can suggest is deleting the core config files, as I literally get no audio crackling, only cores that do it are PCE and CPS1 for me, which is weird. GBA, GBC, Snes, Genesis, no crackling whatsoever. But maybe get in touch with Fix94 like I suggested, or bring it up, but he did indeed fix it. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest, aside from deleting all your RA config files and trying again. But I get no audio crackle :unsure: Sorry -_-

Try removing the config files, the buffer size in the cores are hardcoded, so they can't be changed.
So you already tried the newest nightly and you get no crackle at all?
What about Snes9x 2010? Have you tried that one already with the ROM I told you before?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just FYI I practically daily tested the builds for the past week and did not encounter any audio problem or slowdown at all yet with mainline snes9x, can you maybe record whatever audio you get out to maybe describe a little better what you mean with audio crackling?
Thank you, I will post a video later today since I'm at work at the moment, but I will gladly do so.
I will post a video about both Snes9x 2010 and mainline Snes9x. Hopefully that can help out to debug the issue.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you already tried the newest nightly and you get no crackle at all?
What about Snes9x 2010? Have you tried that one already with the ROM I told you before?

I haven't tested the latest Snes9x 1.53 nightly, I'm sticking to the 11/22 build because the 11/26, etc all gave me a DSI exception, so I said screw it and moved back to this one; I've no reason to update what isn't broken until it's official. As for Snes9x 2010, the earlier builds worked just fine, even when the crackling was resolved, but once Snes9x 1.53 started working earlier this month I switched over. Please try deleting your config files, I don't know what else I can suggest before we move on. And as for Fix's suggestion, try to capture audio somehow.

Edit; Ninja'd, but please try deleting all configs first.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Was the GitHub link I gave the correct one?
Or which is the one for the Wii U's icons?
My pull request was closed... not really sure what that means lol, anyway we always can exchange the icons afterwards, I don't like the actual Retroarch icons at all, maybe I will make a new set using the emulators logos... and pull a new request, not sure.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My pull request was closed... not really sure what that means lol, anyway we always can exchange the icons afterwards, I don't like the actual Retroarch icons at all, maybe I will make a new set using the emulators logos... and pull a new request, not sure.
Yeah I saw that:
https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-assets/pull/66

It means that it wasn't merged, so they most likely will not be including those in the assets.
Well, I can live with only copying the xml and rpx anyway :P

Reactions: OriginalHamster

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can always ask them directly on why it wasn't merged.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users