Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have another SD card you can test? Maybe the one from your 3DS? You shouldn't need to delete anything on the card. This would be just to test if the card itself it at fault.

I do have a 16 GB (very slow write speed) card I used to use, yeah, I suppose I can try that later on at some point, its another SanDisk brand. Just weird that a new SD card (<3 weeks I got it), would do it at random. But I did have my Wii U since 2012 and like you said, the SD slots aren't the most robust pieces of machinery. Unfortunately, the packaging is long gone, so I can't exactly send it to Amazon for a refund :unsure:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If it's reassuring, it being a dud card is still more likely than than the SD slot being worn. I've had branded cards like Kingston break quickly.

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been turning my console on and off frequently(unplugging and plugging back in to.) and really giving the sd slot a lot of use.. in-out-in-out. I love my wii u...

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's reassuring, it being a dud card is still more likely than than the SD slot being worn. I've had branded cards like Kingston break quickly.
My 2 gb kingston has been running inside the Wii (not U) since pretty much the release day :D

Anyway, did any of you try running Chrono Cross? Would it be playable with the FIX94s version?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is anyone experiencing some really heavy slowdown with Snex9x 2010?
I just tried it again after a while and man, I get some serious stuttering in both audio and video, to the point of an unplayable state.

Snes9x (normal) does have some audio crackling very noticeable with Super Metroid.
Is anyone experiencing the same problem with Snes9x 2010? I really wanted to try that one out because it's the only one that plays BS Zelda while normal Snes9x goes to a black screen. :/

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a tremendous load time for me, opening folders that have many roms in them. As far as slow down in games, I haven't experienced any.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't find that reassuring really, that means I just wasted 20 dollars with no way to get a refund if that's the case :( Ugh, I mean, it doesn't happen often, only maybe 1 out of 20 times I load, if that. What do you suggest?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still no way to rotate the screen in FBA? Some arcade shooters would be better played vertical and not horizontal. Also can you adjust the screen size/rotation or adjust the controls in mame2003? Thanks.

Last edited by seam,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some testing with the fba core and the mame2003 core. Here are some issues I've run into, can anyone verify some of these? The more the better. Just lemme know if you had the same issues or got them working where they didn't work for me. Thanks.

FBA

not working at all:

bonks adventure arcade - doesnt work in fba or mame2003
----------------------------

sega Y board games: broken grafx(looks like it went through a paper shreader)

galaxy force 2 - also has joystick issues, and i cant seem to shoot
g-loc - same joystick issues as galaxy force 2, but you can shoot
power drift - just the shreaded grafx
strike fighter - same as g-loc

super monaco gp - broken grafx
night striker - same joystick issues as g-loc, some grafx glitches, doesnt work in mame

MAME

dbz2 - has minor grafx glitches
lucky and wild - cant aim to fire. some grafx glitches
mk2-3 - works perfect but has low volume
ninja baseball batman - bad audio, some grafx glitches
primal rage - loads, way too slow(probably will never be fullspeed), has some grafx glitches
mk3u - runs great, has minor grafx glitches
crusnusa - asks to hit enter key to proceed, cant assign key though
sonic arcade - suggest trying "sonicp" rom instead, which crashes mame
-----------------------------

system 32: not loading at all(maybe mame2003 doesnt support system32/multi32?)

alien3
dbzvrvs
ga2
gaxeduel
rad mobile
rad rally

system multi 32: not loading

outrunners

konami gx hardware: not loading

Salamander2

Also does anyone know if mame2003 supports the Midway V unit hardware? Thanks again!

Last edited by seam,
Reactions: OriginalHamster

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I read somewhere that you can play Game&Watch on your WiiU, is that right?
I found the games (*.mgw) on buildbot.libretro.com but how can I start the games on my WiiU and Retroarch?

Last edited by Jojse,

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make sure you have the correct FBA romset (0.2.97.38), also the neogeo.zip should be left in the same directory as the roms, not in the system folder unlike other bios files.

I may be wrong, no way to check right now, but i believe FBA 2012 romset is 0.2.97.30 not 0.2.97.38.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read somewhere that you can play Game&Watch on your WiiU, is that right?
I found the games (*.mgw) on buildbot.libretro.com but how can I start the games on my WiiU and Retroarch?
There is no core yet for Game&Watch. If you have vWii hacked, you can play it in the Wii Retroarch core.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong, no way to check right now, but i believe FBA 2012 romset is 0.2.97.30 not 0.2.97.38.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no core yet for Game&Watch. If you have vWii hacked, you can play it in the Wii Retroarch core.

Best to use an older version of Wii RetroArch as the nightly builds have been broken for some time, or so I've read on the forums.

So, uh.... i haven't updated in a while.

How's the state of the cores right now?

Nestopia - Runs perfect
Gambatte - Tested 11/28/16, ran Link's Awakening, seems to run well
Snes9x 1.53 - Runs perfect
Genesis Plus - Runs perfect
CPS1/CPS2 - Same as Genesis
mGBA - Using a somewhat older build (a week or so) runs perfect
Mednafen PCE - Ran Rondo of Blood, runs perfect (every so often the audio might crackle if you open and close the menu in rapid succession)

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures