Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
@rioray you seem to know your stuff when it comes to retroarch, do you know how to fix the Dsi Error's some of us randomly get? they are annoying :P
This is the error:
20170803_230023.jpg
That's an unusual one - at first glance it looks like it might be an integer underflow. On a pointer :blink:

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Been tinkering with Retroarch inputs for a bit, after finishing some games...

"All Users Control Menu" seem to be a bit broken atm, so i couldn't use them while in rgui, but both Dualshock 3 and 4 play fine, 4 players worked a treat. Pro tip: if you need to disconnect them, try to only do it inside the gui and not in-game (DSI crash)

Is anybody else having trouble with the clock? Whenever I play, it's always stuck at 31/12 23:59, which messes with games like Pokemon Crystal that use the RTC.
I do not play Pokémon, but the clock issue is the same.

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: Bidoofguy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just looked through the list of Cores Retroarch has and we now have nearly all the best available. I never would have thought this a couple weeks ago. :) Big thanks to Rioray and Quarktheawesome..
The only other one is Amiga (or Dosbox, which should just be a matter of updating the Buildbot) :P
So what happens if/when those are added? I think it would be good (albeit pointless) to see if Mupen64, PCSX1 hell even Reicast Cores could be compiled.
I know they would run like toffee but just to see how bad they truly would be.
Those Cores don't have build targets for the WiiU though so it may not even be possible to Compile them but it would be interesting to see? and who knows perhaps it may shake loose someone willing to help with the Dynarec. heh. j/k

Either way once/if Amiga is added to the WiiU roster the only real thing left is Emulator stability? then I think we have an Emulator setup to rival the OG Xbox ;)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just looked through the list of Cores Retroarch has and we now have nearly all the best available. I never would have thought this a couple weeks ago. :) Big thanks to Rioray and Quarktheawesome..
The only other one is Amiga (or Dosbox, which should just be a matter of updating the Buildbot) [emoji14]
So what happens if/when those are added? I think it would be good (albeit pointless) to see if Mupen64, PCSX1 hell even Reicast Cores could be compiled.
Those Cores don't have build targets for the WiiU though so it may not even be possible to Compile them but it would be interesting to see? and who knows perhaps it may shake loose someone willing to help with the Dynarec. heh. j/k

Either way once/if Amiga is added to the WiiU roster the only real thing left is Emulator stability? then I think we have an Emulator setup to rival the OG Xbox ;)
F*ck yes!!! I don't care if they run at 1fps, I'd love to see these cores on the wiiu's roster :yaywiiu:

Reactions: ploggy
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Another one? Do you know what this one is?
There seem to be some bad arguments flying around - that one's not an underflow, but it's similarly nonsensical; and I can say from experience that the values in registers above 28 are almost guaranteed to be arguments to the function. Since the bad value came from r30 in the first log and r31 in this second one, it's a safe bet to say that some poor function isn't doing well argument-wise. I couldn't tell you more from the exception log alone, though. It might be worth sinking some time into getting that exception handler to a point where you could actually debug stuff with it...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There seem to be some bad arguments flying around - that one's not an underflow, but it's similarly nonsensical; and I can say from experience that the values in registers above 28 are almost guaranteed to be arguments to the function. Since the bad value came from r30 in the first log and r31 in this second one, it's a safe bet to say that some poor function isn't doing well argument-wise. I couldn't tell you more from the exception log alone, though. It might be worth sinking some time into getting that exception handler to a point where you could actually debug stuff with it...
Thanks quark hopefully someone can get to the bottom of it and squash the bug for good :)

Btw check your DM's I have another favor to ask ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this something that should be reported and documented in-depth at GitHub, letting devs know what's going on so they can reproduce it? Just an idea.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is this something that should be reported and documented in-depth at GitHub, letting devs know what's going on so they can reproduce it? Just an idea.
With the current state of the exception handler, it's hard to know whether we're looking at one bugs or many bugs, or the root cause of any of them (question: RetroArch or core?). Some more research needs to be done.
In any case, the devs read this thread anyway from what I can tell.

You, too, should check your Twitter DMs; though I can't see mine for another twoish hours (damn filtered internet)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the current state of the exception handler, it's hard to know whether we're looking at one bugs or many bugs, or the root cause of any of them (question: RetroArch or core?). Some more research needs to be done.

You, too, should check your Twitter DMs; though I can't see mine for another twoish hours (damn filtered internet)

But if you can get to the bottom of this, the issues that cause these instabilities will be resolved once and for all.

Edit: Take it easy, okay?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Umm. I dunno if thst DM thing was to me but if it was. I have no new DM's [emoji14]

Last edited by ploggy,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What was the issue with Genesis Plus GX again?
I am having the system memory error when switching to any Genesis game using playlists from the main RetroArch app, is that it?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What was the issue with Genesis Plus GX again?
I am having the system memory error when switching to any Genesis game using playlists from the main RetroArch app, is that it?
Theres a problem with the mame 2003 core too on my end..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only other one is Amiga (or Dosbox, which should just be a matter of updating the Buildbot) :P

I will take a break and no access to devkitppc until monday.
then I will look closer at puae. the Semaphores are annoying need something like wii have. bad hack wiil be to bypass them but will lead to an buggy emulator.

9yYInwe.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice