brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Core switching lovelyness! :D THANK YOU aliaspider :) @brienj now you only need to make one channel lol
The problem is that it uses HBL loading of the cores, so the actual loading of a core by the Wii U OS will be necessary to implement a correct channel. This can now be achieved by loading an rpx by title id, which would entail installing each core itself, but the easier way, and way it should be done, so you don't have to install a bunch of channels, is to figure out how to launch an rpx from the SD card with the Wii U OS. Stay tuned for results ...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for RetroArch to take 10-15 seconds to load? Like, once it loads, it loads fine, but the individual cores did load almost instantly. And yes, I did boot Haxchi to use the libfat, so just thought I'd bring that up. Also, it seems to load the FBA Core by default for some reason. @brienj ? @ploggy Is this cause for concern?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that it uses HBL loading of the cores, so the actual loading of a core by the Wii U OS will be necessary to implement a correct channel. This can now be achieved by loading an rpx by title id, which would entail installing each core itself, but the easier way, and way it should be done, so you don't have to install a bunch of channels, is to figure out how to launch an rpx from the SD card with the Wii U OS. Stay tuned for results ...
I hope it's not too difficult, do you think dimok or maschell could point you in the right direction?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for RetroArch to take 10-15 seconds to load? Like, once it loads, it loads fine, but the individual cores did load almost instantly. And yes, I did boot Haxchi to use the libfat, so just thought I'd bring that up. Also, it seems to load the FBA Core by default for some reason. @brienj ? @ploggy Is this cause for concern?
It's the first one alphabetically, so that's why. ;)

I thought it was supposed to load the last one used though after the initial run, maybe it isn't saving that info.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the first one alphabetically, so that's why. ;)

I thought it was supposed to load the last one used though after the initial run, maybe it isn't saving that info.

But that doesn't explain why the app takes 15 seconds to load up, changing cores takes equally as long; should I report it on GithHub? And yes, I have CFW/libfat loaded via Haxchi, so it's not that :P

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that doesn't explain why the app takes 15 seconds to load up, changing cores takes equally as long; should I report it on GithHub? And yes, I have CFW/libfat loaded via Haxchi, so it's not that :P
Maybe it tries to partially load all the cores at once so starting games only take 1 or 2 seconds

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it tries to partially load all the cores at once so starting games only take 1 or 2 seconds

And I crashed when I loaded mGBA 0.5.2, but I switched between Snes9x, FBA 2012, Nestopia and mGBA, the latter of which loaded fine. But GBA games don't seem to work, so IDK. I'll use the standalone app since mGBA doesn't work. Damn. Can anyone confirm to see if the 1-26 build of mGBA is broken or if it's just me?

Edit: The core loads fine, I should note, it only crashes when you load a ROM, but after you've changed from one core over to mGBA.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I crashed when I loaded mGBA 0.5.2, but I switched between Snes9x, FBA 2012, Nestopia and mGBA, the latter of which loaded fine. But GBA games don't seem to work, so IDK. I'll use the standalone app since mGBA doesn't work. Damn. Can anyone confirm to see if the 1-26 build of mGBA is broken or if it's just me?

Edit: The core loads fine, I should note, it only crashes when you load a ROM, but after you've changed from one core over to mGBA.
It mGBA works fine for me. Even switching core and loading rom.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It mGBA works fine for me. Even switching core and loading rom.

What the deuce do I do about this? I loaded every other core, FBA2012, Snes9x, Nestopia. then finally to mGBA and the emulator crashes. Dammit.... Well, guess I'll try another nightly build when it's out, and if that doesn't work, then who knows. :unsure:

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the deuce do I do about this? I loaded every other core, FBA2012, Snes9x, Nestopia. then finally to mGBA and the emulator crashes. Dammit....
Not sure...
Have you tried to start in one core and boot the rom? It should show all games no matter which you choose and autoswitch to the right core when booting the rom.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure...
Have you tried to start in one core and boot the rom? It should show all games no matter which you choose and autoswitch to the right core when booting the rom.

No, I changed to Snes9x the first time I booted up (well, after I configured the folders for saves and ROMs). I loaded Snes9x, loaded a few games, changed to FBA to play Street Fighter 2. From then
I loaded Nestopia, a few games on that, and then mGBA. mGBA loaded fine, I could navigate, etc, but when I loaded a GBA ROM, wham! DSI exception forcing me to turn it off. I deleted every config file before I loaded
the main app, and everything worked fine until I loaded mGBA

No, I haven't tried the auto load core

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you loading the core first each time. The main advantage of the single app is that you just load any game you want and let it suggest the core to use.

Force of habit, I admit, I'll try and just have it auto load each core. Sorry about that. I'm so used to the single-use apps that I didn't think to use it. That would explain the crash, ugh. :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1