brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It always returns to hbl launcher when I try to run it, what I'm doing wrong?
You don't have the cores and info files in the right directories, and you may need to launch one of the cores by itself first in order to save the default cores directory in the settings. People have said that deleting the config files is enough, so it should write the correct directory in the config files for you when it starts, I don't know this for a fact though, since I haven't had time to test yet.

Edit: Ninja'd

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have the cores and info files in the right directories, and you may need to launch one of the cores by itself first in order to save the default cores directory in the settings. People have said that deleting the config files is enough, so it should write the correct directory in the config files for you when it starts, I don't know this for a fact though, since I haven't had time to test yet.

Edit: Ninja'd

Are you having problems with your cores after compiling? I managed to get my compiles working again but most of the cores show a black screen when trying to load the RPX causing me to hard reset the Console?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, on the older builds(im not sure how long ago) when you would use msu-1 and load a savestate(and/or go to the retroarch menu?) the msu music would stop playing. I know at least one other person reported that issue in here as well. My question is, does that still happen for anyone? I think it got fixed a while back, but i dont have access to my SD card atm to test the newest, so figured I'd just ask real quick

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, on the older builds(im not sure how long ago) when you would use msu-1 and load a savestate(and/or go to the retroarch menu?) the msu music would stop playing. I know at least one other person reported that issue in here as well. My question is, does that still happen for anyone? I think it got fixed a while back, but i dont have access to my SD card atm to test the newest, so figured I'd just ask real quick

Just tested Zelda and it seems to be fixed, no loss of music after quick save/load. :)

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you having problems with your cores after compiling? I managed to get my compiles working again but most of the cores show a black screen when trying to load the RPX causing me to hard reset the Console?
I compiled the snes9x core when I saw all the things that aliaspider had added. And I was able to run it by itself until he explained how to use the stand alone app. I have yet to actually load a core in the stand alone app though, because it was late last night when I got it finished, and I haven't had time to play with anything today yet. But the snes9x core did work when I directly loaded it, I don't know however if that necessarily means it will work when loaded by the main app.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I compiled the snes9x core when I saw all the things that aliaspider had added. And I was able to run it by itself until he explained how to use the stand alone app. I have yet to actually load a core in the stand alone app though, because it was late last night when I got it finished, and I haven't had time to play with anything today yet. But the snes9x core did work when I directly loaded it, I don't know however if that necessarily means it will work when loaded by the main app.
tbh I haven't tried compiling a core from the buildbot, only the ones I've been compiling recently. I'll try one of those now... When you get a chance could you compile the newest Snes9x2005 core and see if it works for you (either as a standalone and with the new Retroarch app)? Thanks..

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
tbh I haven't tried compiling a core from the buildbot, only the ones I've been compiling recently. I'll try one of those now... When you get a chance could you compile the newest Snes9x2005 core and see if it works for you (either as a standalone and with the new Retroarch app)? Thanks..
Yeah, as soon as I can actually work on this stuff, just give me a few hours or so.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, as soon as I can actually work on this stuff, just give me a few hours or so.
No probs. Take your time I need to sleep anyway.. :)
Snes9x Compiles and runs fine so I don't think it's a problem my end. I think the newer fixes may have killed a few of the cores.
(snes9x2005, vecx, vbanext, mame2000 and game and watch)..

Last edited by ploggy,

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No probs. Take your time I need to sleep anyway.. :)
Snes9x Compiles and runs fine so I don't think it's a problem my end. I think the newer fixes may have killed a few of the cores.
(snes9x2005, vecx, vbanext, mame2000 and game and watch)..
I had a chance to test this out, and the only problems so far is that MGBA is giving me a DSI error on every ROM I load. I'll try and compile snes9x2005 soon, but I don't even have the source on my PC yet.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how the dsi error seems to come and go, with different cores, all the times.

It's quite strange, if you think of it.

Are you loading each one manually or going through the ROMs and picking the cores it auto detects? Because I was manually loading each core instead of letting auto detect. Snes9x, Nestopia, FBA all loaded without a hitch, but as soon as I loaded a ROM on mGBA, the emulator crashed. I haven't tried loading a ROM and then picking a core, as that's what we're supposed to do know. What we can also try is the core that it crashes it, we can try to load that by itself (it's own app), to narrow down the issue.

Gonna do spam-testing, loading several ROMs in a row per core with the no. of cores I have, if that makes sense, a stress test if you will.

Like say with Snes9x, load five games in a row, then Genesis Plus, mGBA, etc.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you loading each one manually or going through the ROMs and picking the cores it auto detects? Because I was manually loading each core instead of letting auto detect. Snes9x, Nestopia, FBA all loaded without a hitch, but as soon as I loaded a ROM on mGBA, the emulator crashed. I haven't tried loading a ROM and then picking a core, as that's what we're supposed to do know. What we can also try is the core that it crashes it, we can try to load that by itself (it's own app), to narrow down the issue.

Gonna do spam-testing, loading several ROMs in a row per core with the no. of cores I have, if that makes sense, a stress test if you will.
if I select mgba core first then load a gba rom it crashes with DSI error if I select a rom first then the core it also crashes with DSI error so both ways don't work. and before anyone suggests it yes I have cleared the CFG files and still no luck. on the bright side all other cores work apart from tyrquake

Last edited by AmandaRose,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I select mgba core first then load a gba rom it crashes with DSI error if I select a rom first then the core it also crashes with DSI error so both ways don't work. and before anyone suggests it yes I have cleared the CFG files and still no luck. in the bright side all other cores work apart from tyrquake

Hmm, time to file a GitHub report then? Or do we need more info/testing, and possibly a video showing us replicating the issue? What do we do in the mean time?

Edit: It's a nightly build however, we can wait till the next one is built.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I select mgba core first then load a gba rom it crashes with DSI error if I select a rom first then the core it also crashes with DSI error so both ways don't work. and before anyone suggests it yes I have cleared the CFG files and still no luck. in the bright side all other cores work apart from tyrquake
The same happens here, I think we have to wait another mgba core build...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Like say with Snes9x, load five games in a row, then Genesis Plus, mGBA, etc.
Oh I think I did not explain correctly.
What I meant was, that for each revisions posted daily, there will always be a core doing the dsi error, never the same, and seems to come and go. Like a build is fine, the next one has it, then the next one has it fixed, but another core is affected.

My bad :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I think I did not explain correctly.
What I meant was, that for each revisions posted daily, there will always be a core doing the dsi error, never the same, and seems to come and go. Like a build is fine, the next one has it, then the next one has it fixed, but another core is affected.

My bad :P

So we just wait till we get a build that has all cores working? :P Or do we just update the core with the next nightly by replacing it?

I'll test the cores and see which ones work :P

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So we just wait till we get a build that has all cores working? :P Or do we just update the core with the next nightly by replacing it?
Or more specifically, I would like to understand why it's happening randomly hahaha. At least it has gotten better since the fixes aliaspider added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well