Homebrew RetroArch Switch

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see anything big ebough that makes me want to update my switch. As i said before, the only thing 5.xx can run that 4.xx cant is snes and it still haa issues to saving
Well, native saves don't work but savestates do work completely fine, they just take longer than it would on average to load.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It has been months since I've tried (on my 3.0 switch), but I put a few hours into Advanced Wars on VBANEXT. I had to set the settings each time I started it up and I had to exit to get it to safe correctly. While it was a pain to do, my real concern is that one time I forget to exit out, and not only did it not save, but there was no longer any save. I couldn't restart knowing that one time forgetting to exit would start me all over again.

I've read more pages that I can count but I can't really see if this has been ever fixed or updated at least. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Over time your muscle memory will adapt to pressing X each time, make yourself open roms and exit that way multiple times and you'll hardwire your brain to remember it.

I was initially concerned about the same thing, but I exit this way on autopilot now on a 26H+ FR save.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The speed at which progress is being made is astonishing but expected.

Great group of people working together sharing information.

Appreciate all the work and time going into all these ports/updates.

5.0.2 does seem to be benefiting more right now but over time 4.1.0 or other lower versions will be best for compatability and features all around.

Just hate to see people updating from 4.x.x when being patient for a bit longer will bring you the same emulators in time.

Coming from someone running 4.1.0 and 5.0.2

I'd love to get involved in this scene on a technical level one day. I have coding experince but it's all based around web design; PHP, JQuery etc. When I get time I'll throw myself in, tinker with some projects

xenomole

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, alright, alright.

I've compiled a fair amount of cores with the new libtransistor! I haven't tested them, though, because I'm on 3.0.2 and 4.1.0! Let me know how they work :)

Did some testing on 5.0.2.

picodrive_retroarch.nro : I've found that any non-Pal game will crash after a few seconds, other than that it runs fine.
genesis_retroarch.nro : Can't boot games.
snes9x2010_retroarch.nro : Works as expected, crashes when resuming a game after opening the retroarch menu.
yabause_retroarch.nro : Games seem to load (Makes the noise when you load a game), but stays on black screen and can't open retroarch menu.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Shouldn't anyone be doing research on what libraries work on 4.1.0 and the possible porting of RetroArch to that firmware?
Also, @Hondyn do you have any proof that SNES is the only platform that doesn't work on 4.x? There are pretty much a fricking LOT of platforms that don't work either since technically they don't have emulators that work and load ROMs on the firmware, which even includes SNES itself.

Reactions: sorabora

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shouldn't anyone be doing research on what libraries work on 4.1.0 and the possible porting of RetroArch to that firmware?
Also, @Hondyn do you have any proof that SNES is the only platform that doesn't work on 4.x? There are pretty much a fricking LOT of platforms that don't work either since technically they don't have emulators that work and load ROMs on the firmware, which even includes SNES itself.

Only need to finish the gfx api and hope my libnx port just runs

So relax, people are on it :>

Last edited by m4xw,

Admiral-Purple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't do ETA's. Could be in 20min, could be in a week.

But if everything works out, soon (TM)

There are probably unforseen problems, there always are..

That’s understandable. Thank you for your hard work. I can’t wait to be able to use retroarch on 4.1.0!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's some progress right there, bro. You should have to do research on why it doesn't run.
Well I port stuff from 1 library that I dont know, to the next library I don't know.
Guess 10 years C++ pay off.
Anyway my brain is mud, I need beer. Btw it probably doesn't run because I don't build the right format yet.

Having to manually load config file is that a known bug?

yes

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well I port stuff from 1 library that I dont know, to the next library I don't know.
Anyway my brain is mud, I need beer. Btw it probably doesn't run because I don't build the right format yet.

yes

Ok thank you very much I thought so but never know if I missed a step or something.

Keep up the good work I'm sure you'll get it to launch.

On the right track I'm sure

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
You should probably have to research a bit more on the LibTransistor and LibNX libraries, as well as look closely into the code and try to understand what code you entered wrong. If possible, you can even attempt at making a truth table for the boot sequence (I learnt truth tables from IGCSE Computer Science courses).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many