Homebrew RetroArch Switch

dailetc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snes9x2010_retroarch.nro Worked fine with Super Mario World, Mario All Stars and Yoshi Island
vba_next_retroarch.nro Worked fine with Pokemon Esmerald
mgba_retroarch.nro Not worked with Pokemon Yellow. White screen when you tried to run it.

Sorry for my bad english and for being noob but... ¿how exactly can I use the savestates in retroarch xD?

Also, I am 5.0.2.

Joysticks doesn't work either

Last edited by dailetc,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
snes9x2010_retroarch.nro Worked fine with Super Mario World, Mario All Stars and Yoshi Island
vba_next_retroarch.nro Worked fine with Pokemon Esmerald
mgba_retroarch.nro Not worked with Pokemon Yellow. White screen when you tried to run it.

Sorry for my bad english and for being noob but... ¿how exactly can I use the savestates in retroarch xD?

Also, I am 5.0.2.

Joysticks doesn't work either

You have to assign the joysticks every time manually / enable them AFAIK

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shouldn't anyone be doing research on what libraries work on 4.1.0 and the possible porting of RetroArch to that firmware?
Also, @Hondyn do you have any proof that SNES is the only platform that doesn't work on 4.x? There are pretty much a fricking LOT of platforms that don't work either since technically they don't have emulators that work and load ROMs on the firmware, which even includes SNES itself.
Well, giving the emulators that can possibly run on the switch atm, snes is the only thing i cant play. Besides it, i can play everything else, pfba ( genesys, ms, etc.. ) gbc,gba and gb. Course i wouldnt include ds, psone, etc cuz they clearly dont run good enough so, giving what the switch can run, snes is the only thing I cant use. Feel free to temm me what else you cant use on 4.1 .

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
This scene is moving super fast....wonder how long it will be before someone ports over Emulation Station Frontend

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the fan work automatically on switch or is it programmed per app?

Because I notice with some homebrew my switch gets quite hot and the fan barely whirrs if it even is on at all
As long as your switch isn’t overheating and turning itself off, you shouldn’t worry about it.

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Maybe it's a little excessive, but I really want to have a PSX emulator in Switch. I used to use psx_rearmed to play games on N3DS, but few games works fine. I think Switch is sure to have ability to emulate PSX, even PS2 or WII. Thank you, developers.

Reactions: Ty_

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's a little excessive, but I really want to have a PSX emulator in Switch. I used to use psx_rearmed to play games on N3DS, but few games works fine. I think Switch is sure to have ability to emulate PSX, even PS2 or WII. Thank you, developers.

Luckily Switch uses ARM as well, so PCSX ReARMed would make the most sense.

Reactions: Ty_ and CatmanFan

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dreamcast would likely come in a separate emulator. A LibRetro core for Dreamcast wasn't ported alongside the initial wave of RA Switch cores (GBA, SNES, NES, etc.). Ditto for N64 and GameCube.
Howsoever. Included in retrocast or seperate. It would be a dream for me, because I had my best time by playing Dreamcast (SNES, too). Do you know something more?

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Ty_

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link is not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure if the link was an actual .nor build or just an article.

Someone has to do the work and compile the emu with the latest build of libretro, we're not living in heaven where you can grab an emu off the shelf for nothin'. :P

Reactions: yesimnathan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/v3JULO-C70U