Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Jonok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I’m having this new issue where I load a SNES game with SNES current core and it runs well but the X and A buttons don’t work expect in menus not in gameplay for example the Donkey Kong Country games. Anyone else having this issue?

I've played A Link to the Past and had just to remap the controls, otherwise I had a perfect emulation experience. Are you really sure about the controls mapping? You have 2 cores to choose for SNES, which one are you using?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone figured out how to run Amiga CD32 games?
I'm so hyped to play Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe in the CD32 version as it's the definite version but can't get it to run.
Booting the LHA file gets me to a command prompt where I dunno what to do and converting it to an ADF file gives me a memory error (within the core window).

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just updated my retroarch and cores to the latest nightly, which I haven't done since late November, and now I just tried to load legend of dragoon, and all 4 discs are telling me there's no save file

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey guys, I just updated my retroarch and cores to the latest nightly, which I haven't done since late November, and now I just tried to load legend of dragoon, and all 4 discs are telling me there's no save file
You wiped out your config file. The saves are not in the folder they are being searched.

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wiped out your config file. The saves are not in the folder they are being searched.
i just checked my config and its retoroarch/cores/savefiles, thats where my save is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's still saying no save found though @Zukov any ideas?

Reactions: Zukov

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have more clues for you, I'm sry. Just make sure RetroArch's config point to where your files are. And the save file has the same name as your game file.

Attachments

• 20200105_151044.jpg
    20200105_151044.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200105_151022.jpg
    20200105_151022.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 170

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ok. My guess is it corrupted somewhere along the updates. Haven't played in awhile, I'll just start over. Thanks for attempting

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's ok. My guess is it corrupted somewhere along the updates. Haven't played in awhile, I'll just start over. Thanks for attempting
(Back up your files and then copy them when you get new savefiles from your new game, just as a test. Your new savefiles should be backuped as well to test matters.)

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Whats the deal with overclocking?

When I do it in Retroarch it tells me it might damage my switch but I have read on forums that it wont damage my switch

I just wanna play OOT Fullspeed with HD textures

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

When I do it in Retroarch it tells me it might damage my switch but I have read on forums that it wont damage my switch

The limits within RA are all safe, the only thing that wll be affected is you battery life..

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It won’t really cause any issues. Like, it’ll reduce the lifespan of your Switch a little, obviously, but that’s about it.
Also I’ve ran one of my systems at 2295mhz CPU before and it still works fine

Reactions: Csmrcc

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

metal921

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played A Link to the Past and had just to remap the controls, otherwise I had a perfect emulation experience. Are you really sure about the controls mapping? You have 2 cores to choose for SNES, which one are you using?
Hi I am using the SNES 9x - current core. Using the A button in menus, such as picking a file to load in DK2 and choosing a stage work but once your inside the level the A button nor the X button don’t work. I know I could just remap no big deal but it’s not a problem on the standalone emulator PSNES for switch. ‍♂️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s