1. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    You don't need to delete .cfg's, only if you want a clean reinstall tho or some major changes in new RA need a fresh cfg (which happens rarely afaik)... But mostly you can either replace .nro and updater everything inside RA (assets and other stuff + cores) or replace everything manually (without deleting your .cfg's obv), so it's up to you.

p.s. And besides that, retroarch files ship without any configs or saves that could overwrite yours, so just don't delete your .cfg's if you don't want to reconfigure everything (preferably just back up everything you don't want to lose, that's an obvious advice)

Last edited by bad361, Dec 30, 2019
    sorabora likes this.
  2. keine

keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is this the place to ask about a N64 rom compatibility? (Bomberman 64)

3. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    I did a quick FPS test when ingame with Sonic - Pocket Adventure....

NeoPop = 219 fps
    https://streamable.com/ktn67
    RACE = 545 fps
    https://streamable.com/jtev8
    That's a massive improvement! Nice addition to the list of cores :)

Last edited by ploggy, Dec 30, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  4. LibretroRetroArc

LibretroRetroArc GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Thanks for the test Ploggy!

ploggy likes this.
  5. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Attempting to use Stella to run a 2600 game causes a crash. (Stella 2014 works fine though.) This is 1.8.2 stable BTW.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Palom, Dec 30, 2019
  6. LibretroRetroArc

LibretroRetroArc GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Did the mainline Stella ever work before?

It will be much slower than Stella 2014 BTW. Its main use these days is on PCs and Android/iOS where CPUs are generally fast enough.

7. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    I'd like to test it as well. I downloaded the core from the core updater, but it hasn't got any... Informations connecting it to roms or anything. I basically can't use it. How do I change this?

8. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just tested with 1.8.1 and downloading the core. Not only does it work with the three games I tried, none of which worked on 1.8.2, but I didn't notice any less speed compared to 2014. But if there's no reason to use main Stella over 2014 anyway, then its loss isn't a big deal.

Unless... Was there an update to the core between now and the 1.8.2 stable release?
    EDIT: I guess there was. Either that, or it was the Core Info Files that I also updated. In any case, it works on 1.8.2 now.

Last edited by Palom, Dec 31, 2019
  9. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hopefully this year GlideN64 Threaded OpenGL can be added to Mupen 64 emulator ;)

eldavo2090 and Broduskii like this.
  10. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Chile
    Hi,

I updated to 1.8.2 and now every time the keyboard pops it can't be close again, because it keeps opening itself.
    I'm on latest Kosmos, opening thru title replacement.

11. CrimsonWesker

CrimsonWesker Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I hope this is the right place to ask.

I have the Dreamcast running on my Switch and have a GDI file for a game as well as a few bin files (labeled as Track 1, Track 2) and such.

Is playing the GDI files through RetroArch recommended? I noticed when booting one game that the FMVs ran a bit slow but the actual gameplay was perfect. I'm just worried I'll run into issues later on in the game (I assume when the tracks change maybe???)

tldr: I have a GDI file and three bins for one game. Is it okay to just run the GDI file in Retroarch?

12. bad361

Russia
    Everything is fine, tho .chd is more convenient to use (file size is lower and you only have one single file)... You can search how to convert .gdi to .chd, but it's not crucial, it's up to you. As for the FMVs, it is supposed to be like that.. You can try overclocking, it should help for now. It's something to do with ffmpeg or some other video decoding related shit in switch RA (somebody who's smarter than me will probably tell you the exact issue).

Last edited by bad361, Jan 3, 2020
  13. CrimsonWesker

CrimsonWesker Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    No that's okay. Thanks for your help and quick answer

Does Sega Saturn or DS work properly yet? I can't seem to find a solid answer and I've tried one DS game (Resident Evil) which seems to run slow.

14. bad361

Russia
    Regarding Sega Saturn, there are standalone based on lakka, HOS version without dynarec and a lakka ra core with dynarec... So sega saturn emulation in HOS is far from performing well, you will need to use either lakka or standalone yaba sanshiro if you want to play saturn games.
    AFAIK HOS MELONDS has a decent compatibility as of now since ARM64 JIT support has been implemented recently, so... I'm not a ds fan personally, so i'm just judging by the other sources of information. DS emulation in lakka/android on switch is still a better option though i guess.

Last edited by bad361, Jan 4, 2020
    FanNintendo likes this.
  15. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Chile
    Nobody got this keyboard bug I'm getting?
    I just need someone with RetroArch 1.8.2 to pop the keyboard (pressing X on menu) to see if it is not just me. It closes and immediately reopen by itself.

16. little_lobi

little_lobi Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Same for me

Zukov likes this.
  17. Jonok

Jonok Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    Is it possible to add Six-axis like an analog? I would like that because is the nearest thing to a mouse for FPS games

18. Empu1

Empu1 GBAtemp Regular

Yeah, just checked and I do indeed have the same bug. You just can't make the keyboard go away for more than a second, because it keeps coming back. Using 1.8.2 stable and Kosmos v15

19. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Interesting. Could you (or anyone else) open an issue on github?
    I haven't downloaded 1.8.2 yet, otherwise I would test it and do it myself in a few days.

20. metal921

metal921 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I’m having this new issue where I load a SNES game with SNES current core and it runs well but the X and A buttons don’t work expect in menus not in gameplay for example the Donkey Kong Country games. Anyone else having this issue?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroArch, Switch,