Homebrew Retroarch not working for me on n3ds

Hero_579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out that one is able to emulate neo geo games on 3ds. So I was going to take advantage of this and try do this my self. When I installed the cia, got the bios and roms; it just froze. When ever I try to load or browse my 3ds just freezes completely. Both cia and 3dsx. But it's odd because I am able to browse the bios and load it (but it crashes of course). So I am at a loss. If anyone can help that would be great. I am running luma 7.0.4 on frimware 11.4.0-37U N3DS
Edit: ok so I found out that the roms I got were way to big. (There were from emupardise). So I got them from another site but now it give me an error and says could not load content. I am at a loss again, but I'm slowly getting closer. Any help would be great...

Last edited by Hero_579,

NicoAICP

Some random dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eventually the BIOS you try to use is corrupt. I would install b9s and update luma if i was you, but I think updating it wont fix it. Did you try the other cores of retroarch? Like the NES one and try playing a nes game and see if that freezes. It didn'T need a BIOS for me to play nes games. If it works there, I think it's the BIOS you use then.

Hero_579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eventually the BIOS you try to use is corrupt. I would install b9s and update luma if i was you, but I think updating it wont fix it. Did you try the other cores of retroarch? Like the NES one and try playing a nes game and see if that freezes. It didn'T need a BIOS for me to play nes games. If it works there, I think it's the BIOS you use then.
I did try nestoipa and ran contra just fine. So I renewed the bios for neo geo and I still get the same problem. Instant freeze when I try to run a rom

Hero_579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*bump*
Any help would be great. This is really making me made that i am unable to get this working and others got it working with ease. i just dont understand. im still trying to get this working but any tips for help would be great.

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using this bios [link removed] it'S an open modified bios. read the Information first. If you don'T own a real system you shouldn'T download it.
Hello I’m new here and I get an error for my new 3ds with retroarch the game worked before and now it gives exeption error or whatever

Last edited by osaka35,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I’m new here and I get an error for my new 3ds with retroarch the game worked before and now it gives exeption error or whatever

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-issue.530495/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-cia-on-11-9.526846/

As a new member, try and familiarize yourself with the search function (near the top, on the right). You'll be able to find post that most relate to your problems and needs.

Another thing to note is to try not to respond to post that are old. This one is from july 2017, so is considered "necro-bumping". As things will and do change quickly in the emulator and modding scene, commenting on old threads just winds up confusing and misleading people. There are other reasons, but for your particular case, it'd be much easier to either:

1) make your own thread, detailing your software setup, your current problem, and anything that's changed recently
2) detail the same on another somewhat recent, related thread, where they seem to have a similar problem to yours.

good luck!

Last edited by osaka35,

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-issue.530495/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-cia-on-11-9.526846/

As a new member, try and familiarize yourself with the search function (near the top, on the right). You'll be able to find post that most relate to your problems and needs.

Another thing to note is to try not to respond to post that are old. This one is from july 2017, so is considered "necro-bumping". As things will and do change quickly in the emulator and modding scene, commenting on old threads just winds up confusing and misleading people. There are other reasons, but for your particular case, it'd be much easier to either:

1) make your own thread, detailing your software setup, your current problem, and anything that's changed recently
2) detail the same on another somewhat recent, related thread, where they seem to have a similar problem to yours.

good luck!
Thanks but none of the posts were part of my problem of downloaded latest releases but nothing works

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but none of the posts were part of my problem of downloaded latest releases but nothing works
feel fee to make a new post. when you do, be sure to include these details:
-what cfw you have, and what version/a9lh or b9s that sort of thing
-the version of the emulator that last worked, and the version you're trying to use now
-anything that changed right before the problems started
-how you went about updating/if any of the files on the sd got moved around
-any other details that might be important

the links i shared should help to use alternatives if you can't get retroarch to work. I've heard it has many issues on the 3ds. good luck!

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feel fee to make a new post. when you do, be sure to include these details:
-what cfw you have, and what version/a9lh or b9s that sort of thing
-the version of the emulator that last worked, and the version you're trying to use now
-anything that changed right before the problems started
-how you went about updating/if any of the files on the sd got moved around
-any other details that might be important

the links i shared should help to use alternatives if you can't get retroarch to work. I've heard it has many issues on the 3ds. good luck!
Thx but how do I make a new post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1