Retroarch not working for me on n3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Hero_579, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hero_579
    OP

Hero_579 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    I just found out that one is able to emulate neo geo games on 3ds. So I was going to take advantage of this and try do this my self. When I installed the cia, got the bios and roms; it just froze. When ever I try to load or browse my 3ds just freezes completely. Both cia and 3dsx. But it's odd because I am able to browse the bios and load it (but it crashes of course). So I am at a loss. If anyone can help that would be great. I am running luma 7.0.4 on frimware 11.4.0-37U N3DS
    Edit: ok so I found out that the roms I got were way to big. (There were from emupardise). So I got them from another site but now it give me an error and says could not load content. I am at a loss again, but I'm slowly getting closer. Any help would be great...

Last edited by Hero_579, Jul 2, 2017
  2. NicoAICP

NicoAICP Watches streams

Nov 6, 2016
    Germany
    werfs Flammen
    Eventually the BIOS you try to use is corrupt. I would install b9s and update luma if i was you, but I think updating it wont fix it. Did you try the other cores of retroarch? Like the NES one and try playing a nes game and see if that freezes. It didn'T need a BIOS for me to play nes games. If it works there, I think it's the BIOS you use then.

3. Hero_579
    OP

Hero_579 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    I did try nestoipa and ran contra just fine. So I renewed the bios for neo geo and I still get the same problem. Instant freeze when I try to run a rom

4. Hero_579
    OP

Hero_579 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    *bump*
    Any help would be great. This is really making me made that i am unable to get this working and others got it working with ease. i just dont understand. im still trying to get this working but any tips for help would be great.

5. NicoAICP

NicoAICP Watches streams

Nov 6, 2016
    Germany
    werfs Flammen