Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
do all retroarch core emulators work with gateway? i am running on 8.1 on a n3DS so i cant install the homebrew launcher.
You can, actually - I'm on 8.1 SysNAND. You need to set up an EmuNAND and update that to 9.5 using a download that can be found on a certain 'ISO for 3DS' site in the CIA updates section. Then you can use *hax.

Or you can use .cia files if that sounds too much like hard work.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Generally speaking, ports of games from a different platform are a poor comparison of the two platforms' capabilities. Each game is different, and each port has been specifically optimised for that particular title to run on its destination platform.

For example, Xenoblade Chronicles was specially modified and optimised to run on the N3DS, and these changes were specific to Xenoblade Chronicles only, and are not applicable to any other Wii title.

On the other hand, emulators must be able to handle multiple different games and therefore don't have the advantage of being dedicated to running just one game smoothly and reliably. This means that the requirements for an emulator to successfully run are vastly different to what it takes to make a port. That's why the argument that "If N3DS can run Xenoblade Chronicles, then why not any other Wii game?" is invalid. That's because the 3DS isn't actually running the Wii game, but a specially modified version designed to run on the 3DS hardware.

It's the same as when Super Mario 64 came out on the DS and people demanded that a full speed N64 emulator be made for the DS.

Sanic666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Update on DeSmuME

So I worte the pthread wrapper (totally untested, ofc) but I've hit a pretty substantial issue. The build crashes when loading a ROM due to an obscure issue in gcc 4.9 (the compiler). I can try to downgrade the build tools to devKitARM r42 but that lacks 3DS support. I might try to get creative with it but as of right now this is a pretty large hurdle unless devKitARM updates to gcc5 (unlikely) :\

This really needs more attention

xombiexplox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears the latest nightly CIAs are broken (11Oct), when I open them I get the following error:
Code:
RetroArch [INFO] :: port dir: [sdmc:/retroarch/]

Previous builds work fine. N3DS 8.1 installed on emunand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?