Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That...freaking sucks AND blows, so...in other words, most people are SOL, is there any glimmer of hope for future emulation development....? -_-

Maybe my wanting to get a 3DS was nothing but a mistake just like the last time I had on, go fig.
Well there's always more kernel exploits. No system is perfect. Even QNX has holes.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Dynarec is probably a requirement for it to realistically run at decent framerates. What we need is a kernel mode exploit for newer firmwares.

While a kernel exploit has yet to be found for 9.3+ (afaik), what is available for all, o3DS and n3DS, is the GPU, which is currently not used in retroarch. But, that's likely to be addressed after compatibility and stability are tackled.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
While a kernel exploit has yet to be found for 9.3+ (afaik), what is available for all, o3DS and n3DS, is the GPU, which is currently not used in retroarch. But, that's likely to be addressed after compatibility and stability are tackled.
What impresses me here is the fact that everything is rendered in software, and yet some emulators ran in fullspeed!

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why only you do GPU stuff? I don't say anyone yet implenting this in their emus.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on n3DS or a kernel hacked o3DS, most run full speed. :)
That's my point! I expect a huge speed boost with GPU rendering :P

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
mGBA uses a software renderer.
gpu is only used to display and scale the final frame, which is done in retroarch too.
blargSNES on the other hand uses a gpu renderer, which can drastically speed things up.

Would it be possible to implement or port the GPU from blargSNES to the ps1 emulator? Or are you thinking about testing your own GPU? There is a small possibility that some ps1 games will run fullspeed if GPU is implemented. I guess :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He brought it up to us even, like "hey I like that Vanilla oatmeal shampoo you guys have", wifey...