Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@aliaspider said that he disabled the dynarec to test the core and found that the core was so slow to not using dynarec (he got 10-12 fps or something like that)
Also, shinyquagsire said that interpreter everytime will be slower than dynarec.
That's correct. But he did try to bundle the 3dsx. His reasoning for it not being there was crashing. :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. you have that thread here with a list of serials that you can use as a guide to try to find one. But most of all, just be careful and be lucky. lol

Or if you try to get a used one, try to ask the seller which firmware it has.

So with the N3DS LL, as long as I'm 9.2 or below, I'm fine. Just making sure and thanks :P

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So with the N3DS LL, as long as I'm 9.2 or below, I'm fine. Just making sure and thanks :P

Not sure if that's still valid since I never really paid much attention to that thread. But you should be able to use it as a guide like I said. Just avoid new batches since it's almost sure that they bring new firmware. Old batches in stores that don't sell much are more likely to have older firmware.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The people asking for a .3dsx of PCSX are missing the point. It uses dynarec, which is only possible with kernal access and is something not provided by Ninjhax2/Ironhax/Tubehax etc.

Even if a .3dsx were released, framerates would be single digit.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people asking for a .3dsx of PCSX are missing the point. It uses dynarec, which is only possible with kernal access and is something not provided by Ninjhax2/Ironhax/Tubehax etc.

Even if a .3dsx were released, framerates would be single digit.
Apparently it gets 10 - 15 FPS.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't think the compatibility is better now than 24th. It could perhaps be your roms that aren't compatible with FBA. Roms over 50 MB don't work either.
My roms are fine - I'm using the latest (0.2.97.36) FBA romset, which although newer than the set used by the retroarch core uses all the exact same roms as far as 'parent' roms are concerned (there may be additional clones and bootlegs in the newer set, but I avoid all but 'parent' roms for the sake of simplicity on the 3ds).
As for the 50mb limit; I believe it's a lot lower. I've found some roms with an uncompressed size of less than 40mb won't boot.

You don't need to save anything, everything changed on the Settings gets saved automatically. Some settings are even shared among cores.
Well, nothing is saving in the config for me... regardless of it auto saving or manually saving, no changes are applied. I'll textedit it instead for the time being.

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My roms are fine - I'm using the latest (0.2.97.36) FBA romset, which although newer than the set used by the retroarch core uses all the exact same roms as far as 'parent' roms are concerned (there may be additional clones and bootlegs in the newer set, but I avoid all but 'parent' roms for the sake of simplicity on the 3ds).
As for the 50mb limit; I believe it's a lot lower. I've found some roms with an uncompressed size of less than 40mb won't boot.

Well, nothing is saving in the config for me... regardless of it auto saving or manually saving, no changes are applied. I'll textedit it instead for the time being.
Maybe try deleting the retroarch folder and let it be created again?

Reactions: duwen and teampleb

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Dynamic recompiliation is actually quite useful, it's a matter of optimizing it, and is more efficient. Over time, code will be optimized and more efficiently executed, speed boost will happen.
It gives a huge amount of speedup, this is the best thing any platform benefits :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To bad only people 9.2 or below can use it. :P

That...freaking sucks AND blows, so...in other words, most people are SOL, is there any glimmer of hope for future emulation development....? -_-

Maybe my wanting to get a 3DS was nothing but a mistake just like the last time I had on, go fig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke +1