Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the list.

Yeah the tearing is a particularly bad regression - can you tell me at which point this started happening? A date or something? It might make it easier to pin down. I already have an idea of what could cause it.

In other news, the 2048 should probably finally work on 3DS. 'Start Core' should now start up the 2048 core.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It is admited that the latest "stable" release is the 1.3.3 from the buildbot.
After this fact, tearing in genesis+GX.cia were always here and there.. So I believe in your skills to sort it out!!
Thank you for the time you'll put in it, you're the saviour!!! :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the list.

Yeah the tearing is a particularly bad regression - can you tell me at which point this started happening? A date or something? It might make it easier to pin down. I already have an idea of what could cause it.

In other news, the 2048 should probably finally work on 3DS. 'Start Core' should now start up the 2048 core.
It is admited that the latest "stable" release is the 1.3.3 from the buildbot.
After this fact, tearing in genesis+GX.cia were always here and there.. So I believe in your skills to sort it out!!
Thank you for the time you'll put in it, you're the saviour!!! :)
I can also confirm this.
1.3.3 were the last cores which didn't have any tearing, or had very minor tearing (gpSP only).
After 1.3.3, almost all cores had some sort of tearing in them, or some sort of vertical line which seems to be most prominent when a flash occurs on-screen.

So yeah, 1.3.3 might be the starting point to debug the issue.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LibretroRetroArc some other issues possibly worth looking at are the crashes/freezes present in both Picodrive and QuickNES that occur whenever the user loads a certain number of games one right after another. This is a long-standing issue present in the 3DS version that has been around since these cores were ported to Retroarch 3DS.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@LibretroRetroArc
One big issue many users reported is that gpsp's dynarec is very unstable and causes the 3ds to crash randomly. This is present in all versions, otherwise the core would be perfect!

Perhaps you could take a look at it eventually??

Thanks so much!

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very exciting potential developments!

Here's my wishlist of retroarch core fixes:

Mednafen PC Engine:
- Implement / fix 1:1 pixel ratio display option
- Fix crashing upon closing / changing CD-based game

Catsfc:
- Fix glitching that sometimes occurs during title / static in-game screens

Picodrive:

Gpsp:
- Fix occasional crashing that appears to occur when dynarec is enabled

Mame2000:
- Fix ability to load another ROM without having to reboot the core

Some other general improvements would include:

- Implementation and saving of button remapping across all cores and on a per-game basis

- Implementation or turbo / autofire options across all cores and on a per-game basis

- Display options being saved individually across all cores and on a per-game basis

- Removal of 3D effect implementation on the menu / GUI (if this hasn't already been done). I know that some people quite liked this effect but to me it's pretty pointless - especially in light of issues (apparently, allegedly) related to the implementation of it affecting screen tearing / stuttering across several cores

...and that's pretty much it for things that seem within the bounds of realism to be looked at.

Things like speed increases for a few cores (Catsfc+ and Virtual Boy for N3DS and Mednafen PC Engine for O3DS) would be incredible but I can imagine that kind of work might be much more time consuming (if possible in the first place)

Many massive thanks in advance for any developments however small!

Last edited by SG6000,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How good are we talking? lol
No tearing in almost all builds (except for gpsp, that still shows up a little bit on the top of the screen with certain games) and almost no freezing in most cores also, I have yet to experience a freeze. Just don't press Home or you'll get a black screen when going back to the app, that's it.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No tearing in almost all builds (except for gpsp, that still shows up a little bit on the top of the screen with certain games) and almost no freezing in most cores also, I have yet to experience a freeze. Just don't press Home or you'll get a black screen when going back to the app, that's it.
No freezing also including when switching games?

Doczu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wish the ps1 could become fullspeed :)

A milion time this. There are some games that work in 60 frames, but deep inside i feel something more could be achieved. I'd love to retire my PSP, it's barely functioning now.
Parasite Eve on the go is my addiction, can't live long without it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: