Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be perfect. How? :)
If you're using Mashers' GridLauncher, make a folder, make an xml that looks like this:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/genesis_plus_gx_libretro/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.3dsx</executable>
    <icon>/gridlauncher/folders/RetroArch/batman.smdh</icon>
    <arg>/roms/gen/batman.bin</arg>
</shortcut>
and save it to the folder.

executable = 3dsx location
icon = smdh icon location
arg = ROM location

Last edited by RocketRobz,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you're using Mashers' GridLauncher, make a folder, make an xml that looks like this:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/genesis_plus_gx_libretro/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.3dsx</executable>
</shortcut>

arg = ROM location

You rock man!! I'll try it right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>

arg = ROM location

However, the forwarder would appear in gridlauncher and not in the home menu. Is that right?

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Using quicknes on .3dsx the pal games run too fast at 60 fps, but they are suppose to run on 50 fps, is there any way to fix this?

K

KingpinSlim

I personally think 1.3.3 is near perfect anyway as it is, there aren't really that many things wrong with it. I really wish someone skilled enough would pick up this project, because it is so great already.

Kubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are optimal settings for PCSX Rearmed 1.3.3? I'm using an N3DS running alh9 and Cakes with CIA builds of Retroarch.

I currently have DSP audio selected, and all the necessary bios files (MD5 confirmed), but I can only get one game out of the four I possess to boot without crashing. I've tried running with sound disabled with no luck, and I've toggled vsync and bilateral filtering with the same results. I'm basically trying to see if I can get Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Castlevania SotN to boot.

Are there some other tweaks I need?

Edit: combined the above settings to the OP settings. Works pretty well.

Last edited by Kubba,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is already known, but I'll mention it anyways because it makes certain games much more difficult than they should be. I have only tested this with Kirby's Dreamland 3, but it seems to happen 100% of the time. For some reason, water and leaves are completely solid, when they should be semi-transparent. A good example of this is level 1-6. The leaves in the overlay effect make the door and most of a room impossible to see. The same thing happens with water. I haven't tested it in fully-submerged levels yet, but I'd imagine it is the same. If it is, defeating Acro would be nearly impossible. I am using the CIA version of PocketSNES 1.3.3. I have not touched any of the settings.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is already known, but I'll mention it anyways because it makes certain games much more difficult than they should be. I have only tested this with Kirby's Dreamland 3, but it seems to happen 100% of the time. For some reason, water and leaves are completely solid, when they should be semi-transparent. A good example of this is level 1-6. The leaves in the overlay effect make the door and most of a room impossible to see. The same thing happens with water. I haven't tested it in fully-submerged levels yet, but I'd imagine it is the same. If it is, defeating Acro would be nearly impossible. I am using the CIA version of PocketSNES 1.3.3. I have not touched any of the settings.

Yeah, that's present in earlier versions of SNES9X, which PocketSNES (now SNES9X 2002) is based on. The only solution is to use a more current version of SNES9X or hope someone backports the fixes to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"