Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the console versions of Doom back then were based on the Jaguar version. That's why homebrewers have been able to port the missing levels to the 32X version - they're ripped from the Jaguar version.

The 3DO version was also based on the Jaguar version. The PS1 version was a port from the 3DO. The Saturn version (by far the worst official version of Doom) was ported from the PS1. Quite a chain.

Wait what, homebrewers have adding in the missing levels to the 32X version!!!???, now way. I had the 32x version and was gutted it only had 15 levels and to top it off i think the PAL release was fudges (or i had a bad cart) as i get a 'check roms' screen once i had complete the last level

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sometimes GPSP just resets, shows the gba bios screen and reboots the game.
Is this the crashing everybody talks about?? That's really annoying, to lose the current game progress randomly...
Is there really no chance to fix this @DeVS?? GPSP otherwise runs sooo perfectly on the N3DS, it's such a pity that it is next to useless like that :(

Thanks!

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes GPSP just resets, shows the gba bios screen and reboots the game.
Is this the crashing everybody talks about?? That's really annoying, to lose the current game progress randomly...
Is there really no chance to fix this @DeVS?? GPSP otherwise runs sooo perfectly on the N3DS, it's such a pity that it is next to useless like that :(

Thanks!

I haven't experienced any crashes, but I assumed it was like quitting out of pce fast (crash to home menu, then reboot console) - I didn't know you could even get gpsp to show the BIOS screen!

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed the CIA for PicoDrive and it keeps crashing on me. It keeps saying something about a port directory. I am not sure how to fix that.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Senoue, you can't fix that.
It'll be fixed in a later build. I experienced this issue, and it was fixed. Try an older build. 24/03/2016 is mine and it works.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't experienced any crashes, but I assumed it was like quitting out of pce fast (crash to home menu, then reboot console) - I didn't know you could even get gpsp to show the BIOS screen!
Yeah, I nearly threw my N3DS away when I saw the bios screen for the first time ;) It happens to me mostly when playing Super Mario Advance 4. Strange, perhaps it's my bios file?? I'll try to replace it and check MD5...

PRAlSEIT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to use pcsx cia with a N3DS sys 9.2 emu 10.7. Crashes at something about port directory. If I take an older release I can get through that but it crashes when I select a game. "testing if we can run recompiled code" then "An error has occured, forcing the software to close...etc"

Anyone know what's up with my stuff? Trying The Legend of Dragoon if that matters.

It works fine if I use 3dsx through homebrew but bad FPS. I heard it should be better on cia so I want to use cia instead.

Last edited by PRAlSEIT,

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to use pcsx cia with a N3DS sys 9.2 emu 10.7. Crashes at something about port directory. If I take an older release I can get through that but it crashes when I select a game. "testing if we can run recompiled code" then "An error has occured, forcing the software to close...etc"

Anyone know what's up with my stuff? Trying The Legend of Dragoon if that matters.

It works fine if I use 3dsx through homebrew but bad FPS. I heard it should be better on cia so I want to use cia instead.

*SIgh*
Stable release, please. It's the latest one confirmed working.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I nearly threw my N3DS away when I saw the bios screen for the first time ;) It happens to me mostly when playing Super Mario Advance 4. Strange, perhaps it's my bios file?? I'll try to replace it and check MD5...

Hmm... I'll dump my cart and try sma4 - maybe gpsp just doesn't like that rom. No problems with Mother 3 and Metroid, though

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys ! Anyone here play Doom 2 ? To wound at this stage to get the red key, I do not think the command to jump obstacle ! Can anybody help me ?
7NsvhrE.jpg

TL1NjiM.jpg
Heeeeeeeeeellllllllllppppppp[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm... I'll dump my cart and try sma4 - maybe gpsp just doesn't like that rom. No problems with Mother 3 and Metroid, though

Thanks, wonder if you get the same experience.

I tried another bios today and no it still crashes randomly but without showing the bios screen. Perhaps that really was the fault of the bios file I used. However the crashing still happens... I didn't have any crashes with other games so far, but I got my N3DS only a few days ago and haven't tested that much yet.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WTF nobody here plays all this stuff ?[emoji36]
Don't take him on, lad seems to be a bit of an arse judging from his last few posts.
I THINK your original post was already answered on here (was going to answer when I first saw it so it must've been), basically you have to run at the window instead. You don't jump. You're in the right place for running at it though! ;)

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't take him on, lad seems to be a bit of an arse judging from his last few posts.
I THINK your original post was already answered on here (was going to answer when I first saw it so it must've been), basically you have to run at the window instead. You don't jump. You're in the right place for running at it though! ;)
Not running I can , have to jump right on the edge before falling , that does not jump have to set up the jump button ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although @SylverReZ my throat feels normal now