Retroarch - Emulation Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 with the Transfer Pack and a GB rom?

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to this thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon...ak-failing-in-retroarch-on-the-switch.602594/

It would be now possible to use the Transfer Pak for Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 on RetroArch on the Nintendo Switch. My question is; how did that guy managed to do it? Yes, I know he didn't do it at 100%, but still took a closer step to what I am looking for. Or is there a patch for the ROMs that enable transfer pak? I'd like to know how, please.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to this thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon...ak-failing-in-retroarch-on-the-switch.602594/

It would be now possible to use the Transfer Pak for Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 on RetroArch on the Nintendo Switch. My question is; how did that guy managed to do it? Yes, I know he didn't do it at 100%, but still took a closer step to what I am looking for. Or is there a patch for the ROMs that enable transfer pak? I'd like to know how, please.
Unless you consider just seeing a game icon progress I dont see how the guy managed to do anything. Theres been nothing to initiate the game.

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I... can't believe it but... I DID IT!!! IT WORKS! Here's what I did, step by step! :D

1 - Have at least Mupen64Plus-Next v2.2 as your main core for N64 games. Once you have it, start either Stadium 1 or 2. Then, press both - and + buttons. DO NOT CLOSE THE GAME YET!!! Go to Quick Menu > Options > Player 1 Pak and set it to ''transfer''. Apply changes. You can now close the game.

2 - Boot into hekate, go to USB tools to access your micro SD Card. Plug the Switch in your PC.

3 - Get your Pokemon GB rom (Red, Blue or Yellow compatible for Stadium 1, all six versions compatible for Stadium 2) in the exact same folder as your N64 games. Yes, sounds weird, but that's how I made it work. So, for example, I want to use the Yellow Version and my Pokemon Stadium ROM name is ''PokeStadium1.z64'', Rename the Pokemon Yellow ROM ''PokeStadium1.z64.gb'' (NOT .GBC, even if it is a Game Boy Color ROM!!! Just .GB is compatible with the Transfer Pak)

4 - Do the same for the save file, and name it (in my case, for example) ''PokeStadium1.z64.sav'' .SRM saves won't work for some reason.

5 - Before booting the game, go to ''Set Core Association'' and choose Mupen64Plus-Next (it must be version 2.2 or later, otherwise it won't work)

6 - Boot the Stadium Game... and enjoy full compatibility with the GB games!!! The only catch is that you can only have 1 GB Pokemon ROM into Stadium at the same time... but who cares? If you need to evolve Pokemon by trading, there's a save editing tool called PKHex that can do that for you.

Problems or questions? Reply here.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I... can't believe it but... I DID IT!!! IT WORKS! Here's what I did, step by step! :D

1 - Have at least Mupen64Plus-Next v2.2 as your main core for N64 games. Once you have it, start either Stadium 1 or 2. Then, press both - and + buttons. DO NOT CLOSE THE GAME YET!!! Go to Quick Menu > Options > Player 1 Pak and set it to ''transfer''. Apply changes. You can now close the game.

2 - Boot into hekate, go to USB tools to access your micro SD Card. Plug the Switch in your PC.

3 - Get your Pokemon GB rom (Red, Blue or Yellow compatible for Stadium 1, all six versions compatible for Stadium 2) in the exact same folder as your N64 games. Yes, sounds weird, but that's how I made it work. So, for example, I want to use the Yellow Version and my Pokemon Stadium ROM name is ''PokeStadium1.z64'', Rename the Pokemon Yellow ROM ''PokeStadium1.z64.gb'' (NOT .GBC, even if it is a Game Boy Color ROM!!! Just .GB is compatible with the Transfer Pak)

4 - Do the same for the save file, and name it (in my case, for example) ''PokeStadium1.z64.sav'' .SRM saves won't work for some reason.

5 - Before booting the game, go to ''Set Core Association'' and choose Mupen64Plus-Next (it must be version 2.2 or later, otherwise it won't work)

6 - Boot the Stadium Game... and enjoy full compatibility with the GB games!!! The only catch is that you can only have 1 GB Pokemon ROM into Stadium at the same time... but who cares? If you need to evolve Pokemon by trading, there's a save editing tool called PKHex that can do that for you.

Yanno what the fun part of the pokemon games double and triple speed play was? I messed around with the gamesharks ram enough that a code I thought I made would play the gb game at 15x. Weird part. was the code itself when I finally checked it. was 00000000 0000.

Forgot to note. That code, when in effect. Made the game go black and white instead of the colour palette that the game tries to use. Was funny.

12camd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I followed this multiple times with both stadium 1&2, I am on PC which shouldn't really make much of a difference but I tried both methods, for some reason the file name method doesn't work at all but the subsystem method works just fine, except when I load up the game in GB tower I get the "transfer pak not set properly" error as far as I know I have everything set up just fine on fresh files.
maybe if I need specifically Mupen64Plus-Next v2.2 I cant seem to find it anywhere, I've just been using the core downloaded from retroarch itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi