Status
Not open for further replies.

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Howdy all,

I am currently working on an Excel compatibility list/bug report for FBA Libretro (Parents only - 1152 games).

I have separated the games following the original categories in Final Burn Alpha (Capcom, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Cave, Data East, Galaxian, Irem, Kaneko, Konami, Misc (Pre 90), Misc (Post 90), NEOGEO, PGM, Pacman, Psikyo, Sega, Seta, Taito, Taoplan, and Technos).

I am almost done but I need help with the testing of all the Pre90, Post90 and Taito games. (366 games)

I am looking for people who:
- are 100% certain they have a verified set of roms synced to FBA 0.2.97.28. (I'll ask for your ClrMAME "Have.txt")
- can run BOTH the Wii and PC version of RetroArch
- can run Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.28
Optional:
- have decent enough Google Fu/are familiar with MAME databases (Progetto EMMA etc...) to check info about the original game (particularly original control peripherals and schemes - ie: light gun, rotary joysticks, trackball etc ...)
- know how to check what driver a game uses

Each and every game needs to be tested for more than 5 min when possible (insert coin may not always be mapped or graphics may be messed up...). When an issue is detected, check against the PC port. If the PC port has the same issue, check against original FBA. Report accordingly.

Badly formatted example said:
ghostb.zip <d_dec8> wrong palette color on Wii and PC. Fine in original FBA
calibr50.zip <d_seta> all good but can't move main character left/right - game used a rotary joystick. Same problem in original FBA.
pzlbowl: loops back to boot screen after player selection. Fine on PC and original FBA.

I can provide the latest binaries straight from git for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY (don't go and distribute the link on EmuCR etc...) and a quick-and-dirty batch file to sort your roms automatically into the aforementioned folders.

ToadKing and LibRetroArc are spoiling us. The very least we can do is repay them with a bit of our time and THOROUGH testing.

PM me if interested!

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff, thanks for taking the time to do this! Will the list have full titles aswell as rom names? I never have a clue what the games are if they just have rom names.

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eventually yes though I haven't had time to look into how to extract game titles from the FBA/MAME dat files yet.

Will keep you posted =)

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Howdy all,

I am currently working on an Excel compatibility list/bug report for FBA Libretro (Parents only - 1152 games).

I have separated the games following the original categories in Final Burn Alpha (Capcom, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Cave, Data East, Galaxian, Irem, Kaneko, Konami, Misc (Pre 90), Misc (Post 90), NEOGEO, PGM, Pacman, Psikyo, Sega, Seta, Taito, Taoplan, and Technos).

I am almost done but I need help with the testing of all the Pre90, Post90 and Taito games. (366 games)

I am looking for people who:
- are 100% certain they have a verified set of roms synced to FBA 0.2.97.28. (I'll ask for your ClrMAME "Have.txt")
- can run BOTH the Wii and PC version of RetroArch
- can run Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.28
Optional:
- have decent enough Google Fu/are familiar with MAME databases (Progetto EMMA etc...) to check info about the original game (particularly original control peripherals and schemes - ie: light gun, rotary joysticks, trackball etc ...)
- know how to check what driver a game uses

Each and every game needs to be tested for more than 5 min when possible (insert coin may not always be mapped or graphics may be messed up...). When an issue is detected, check against the PC port. If the PC port has the same issue, check against original FBA. Report accordingly.

I can provide the latest binaries straight from git for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY (don't go and distribute the link on EmuCR etc...) and a quick-and-dirty batch file to sort your roms automatically into the aforementioned folders.

ToadKing and LibRetroArc are spoiling us. The very least we can do is repay them with a bit of our time and THOROUGH testing.

PM me if interested!
Many bootleg ROMs do not work, but parents do. This happens for CPS1 bootleg, as far as I test.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed a bug in the controller configuration buttons. When you use a classic controller (not pro) the buttons for it are mapped as wiimote buttons, this makes the classic controller nonfunctional . If you switch it back and forth between controllers the buttons will appear correct, however switching cores or exiting makes this issue arise again. I've already deleted my config file and the problem still occurs.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed a bug in the controller configuration buttons. When you use a classic controller (not pro) the buttons for it are mapped as wiimote buttons, this makes the classic controller nonfunctional . If you switch it back and forth between controllers the buttons will appear correct, however switching cores or exiting makes this issue arise again. I've already deleted my config file and the problem still occurs.
This is a minor niggle that you actually only need to sort out once, per core. Simply spend about 5 minutes going through each core, setting up the classic controller buttons, then you'll be fine afterwards. ;)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could someone confirm the glitching sprites in airwolf?
this glitching happen to more of the misc games to me.
in previous retroarch iterations I did not notice this.

look for sprites "phasing" at least that is what comes to mind looking ate the sprites

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a minor niggle that you actually only need to sort out once, per core. Simply spend about 5 minutes going through each core, setting up the classic controller buttons, then you'll be fine afterwards. ;)
Retroarch might tell that is is set to cc ( pro ), but in fact it's mapped differently.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we know that Star Fox uses a speed hack to make it full speed, but do you think the same could be done for Kirby's Dreamland 3? The game is impossible to complete without pseudo hi-res transparency, as many levels are underwater and use this effect. Otherwise you get opaque water and the levels cannot be complete. Nintendo must have used one helluva speed hack with they released it on the VC since the pseudo hi-res transparency was emulated. If they can do it, you guys can as well, even if it means using speed hacks.

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have compiled fb_alpha_libretro_ngc.a, how can I convert it to a dol which could be executed via Swiss?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just found out that Dracula X: Chi No Rondò for PCE CD was fully translated to english (not only subtitles, but even audio speech using tracks from the PSP remake) and it fully works in mednafen core! :yaywii:

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The GameCube alpha core as it stands currently only allows small sized games to work such as Galaxian, Commando, Gyruss etc
The reason why I want to compily it myself is that I want to split main FBA core into several small cores. In this way, I can get more games playable.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Just found out that Dracula X: Chi No Rondò for PCE CD was fully translated to english (not only subtitles, but even audio speech using tracks from the PSP remake) and it fully works in mednafen core! :yaywii:

Yep, got this a while back. I actually recompiled it to keep the original German intro instead of the PSP one. PM me if you want it B-)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hi, im trying to load pce games with the mednafen pce fast v0.9.28 but it always say error loading, it can see the. cue, but for some reason it doesnt load, my pce games load just fine with wii mednafen emulator, any help?

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, im trying to load pce games with the mednafen pce fast v0.9.28 but it always say error loading, it can see the. cue, but for some reason it doesnt load, my pce games load just fine with wii mednafen emulator, any help?

Maybe, you are missing the bios file. You need to download the bios system card v3.0 and renamed it to syscard3.pce.
Than you need to place it in the system folder (retroarch/system/).

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Maybe, you are missing the bios file. You need to download the bios system card v3.0 and renamed it to syscard3.pce.
Than you need to place it in the system folder (retroarch/system/).
Thanks, it's working now, I missed the bios. What is the process for Genesis GX core, I need bios too, becuase it doesn't work right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...