Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
So ive tried to scale some neo geo games to fill the whole screen apparently they wont the black bars stay there no matter what? why are the neogeo games on the vc in full screen.
Can I ask what you mean exactly by "fill the whole screen"? Is your TV widescreen, or 4:3 (the older, squarer kind). How much of the screen isn't being used, and which parts (the sides, the top and bottom?) are not being used? I reported a bug a while back with RetroArch not quite filling the screen horizontally, resulting in a squished image, but it's hard to tell if that's what you're seeing or if you're just talking about the games displaying in 4:3 on your widescreen TV.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yeah, don't sweat it. This thread have become somewhat of a flamewar zone so I thought you were trying to be a smart-ass as well. Sorry for that ;)
Anyway, yeah. Actually I only own 2 Classic Controllers (both "non-pro) one is a 1st party (NINTENDO) brand and the second one is a MADKATZ. Both behave the same, and apparently the guy "trolling" the thread has the same problem as me.
Oh, and yeah, my wiimotes are the same. Only difference is that I have 3 NINTENDO ones and 1 MADKATZ (it was a "pack", wiimote, nunchuck and CC from MADKATZ) the Madkatz wiimote (withouth the CC plugged in) works perfectly fine. Also, my GC (wireless) controller works fine as well.[/quote]
Weird that different branded cc behaves the same... I assume using official wiimote with 3rd party or official cc does the same too ?
Maybe it is an issue with IOS used when running homebrew (at least bluetooth communication is handled through ios i think). Assuming it lags in HBC as well, what IOS does it refer when you press the HOME button ?

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did the romset come with the neogeo.zip? put that in the folder with the neo games
Alright, so I did that, am I supposed to run it? It ran, but it was just a black screen for a bit, so I hit the home button and clicked a ROM, then got a crash.

Also, what about the other engines, like CPS2?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can I ask what you mean exactly by "fill the whole screen"? Is your TV widescreen, or 4:3 (the older, squarer kind). How much of the screen isn't being used, and which parts (the sides, the top and bottom?) are not being used? I reported a bug a while back with RetroArch not quite filling the screen horizontally, resulting in a squished image, but it's hard to tell if that's what you're seeing or if you're just talking about the games displaying in 4:3 on your widescreen TV.
im using a hdtv set on widescreen not SDTV and when i try to adjust the scaling with the menu it maxes out with 2 black vertical bars on the side im just asking because alot of these games are on vc and take up the complete screen maybe theres some reason that my amateur mind doesn't comprehend. Im not complaining it just be nice to go complete full screen. Im using component cables if that matters

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright, so I did that, am I supposed to run it? It ran, but it was just a black screen for a bit, so I hit the home button and clicked a ROM, then got a crash.

Also, what about the other engines, like CPS2?
it doesnt sound like u got the right romset whats it saying when u try to run the roms

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, that sounds like the same issue I noted back on page 27; Toad King thought it might be a bug in their VI code. Not sure if it's been looked at between then and now, but you'll probably just have to deal with it for now.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that sounds like the same issue I noted back on page 27; Toad King thought it might be a bug in their VI code. Not sure if it's been looked at between then and now, but you'll probably just have to deal with it for now.
I have a change for this that might fix it in the next release.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt sound like u got the right romset whats it saying when u try to run the roms
"ERROR - An error occurred during ROM loading."

And the ROMset was for v0.2.97.26, came with some emulator too, but I only wanted it to test with RetroArch.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"ERROR - An error occurred during ROM loading."

And the ROMset was for v0.2.97.26, came with some emulator too, but I only wanted it to test with RetroArch.
dude it sounds like that isint the right romset? with neogeo roms u need the bios but with cps1 and cps2 they should just work are u sure ur switching the cores to the right one before trying to launch a game?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good to hear about the time limit on the core dump reset thingy, nice job! (btw as i posted before, seeing that memory leaks are complicated and and an upstream oriented problem, give us manual restart to relief development of that issue, you have done amazing work already)
What about arguments (custom rompaths, saved button combos and input device, button combo for instant restart of RA) for 0.9.8 ? Finally any possibility for 0.9.8 in 2012? Just asking, please take your time.

Again thanks and keep up the good work!

PS. Saison check your pm.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear about the time limit on the core dump reset thingy, nice job! (btw as i posted before, seeing that memory leaks are complicated and and an upstream oriented problem, give us manual restart to relief development of that issue, you have done amazing work already)
What about arguments (custom rompaths, saved button combos and input device, button combo for instant restart of RA) for 0.9.8 ? Finally any possibility for 0.9.8 in 2012? Just asking, please take your time.

There are already button combos for both GC and Wiimote for exiting the emulator, don't see a need for having ones for restarting. Savestates will be moved to their own folder, but SRAM saves will be staying in the same directory as the ROMs. There might be separate files for controls for each core, but I haven't decided on that yet.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

It be really nice if we could get some sort of automatic controller input detection.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are already button combos for both GC and Wiimote for exiting the emulator, don't see a need for having ones for restarting. Savestates will be moved to their own folder, but SRAM saves will be staying in the same directory as the ROMs. There might be separate files for controls for each core, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Well it would be useful if say, i load a big sized game ~23MB but want to continue playing another game on FBA.
Chances are, as soon as i choose to load the next game, i' ll get a core dump and have to hard reset.
I am aware of exit button combos, but instead of exiting the emulator and then selecting it again from the menu and having it load once more, a manual reset would only take a couple of secs, and i would be dropped right back into the rom folder (assuming that rompath and control arguments are kept) ready to select the next game. That way it's almost seamless and the easiest way to prevent code dumps from ever happening as the ram was ''cleaned'' by the restart.

I mean, the option is already there in the menu... (push minus and then manually select ''restart RA''). Why not a button combo like the exit option?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought id bring this to someones attention the FbA core that wasnt included in the package but has a link on the front page runs all the types of games cps1 cps2 and neo geo without switching cores i mean obviously the games that are 2 big dont run but i havnt seen any reason to switch cores im running neogeo games straight to cps2 without core switching? this is odd isint it? im testing abunch of games to makes sure this is true but so far everything works with the alpha core

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought id bring this to someones attention the FbA core that wasnt included in the package but has a link on the front page runs all the types of games cps1 cps2 and neo geo without switching cores i mean obviously the games that are 2 big dont run but i havnt seen any reason to switch cores im running neogeo games straight to cps2 without core switching? this is odd isint it? im testing abunch of games to makes sure this is true but so far everything works with the alpha core

In figured this too, until I realized that the CPS2 core is actually optimized to run those games and using the full FBA core to play those games will result in minor slowdowns, which is of course unacceptable.

Reactions: nakata6790

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
^^^ really? :O
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, i was clueless about this so far. Any examples of titles that slowdown occurs?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In figured this too, until I realized that the CPS2 core is actually optimized to run those games and using the full FBA core to play those games will result in minor slowdowns, which is of course unacceptable.
Well thats why i brought it up maybe i was missing something...Accept i havnt seen any slowdowns? maybe i just wasnt paying enough attentiion

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
^^^ really? :O
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, i was clueless about this so far. Any examples of titles that slowdown occurs?

I noticed some minor slowdown when playing Marvel vs Capcom that wasn't there using the dedicated CPS2 core. They did more than just isolate the CPS2 parts, they also optimized the core so that all games run at full speed. I imagine they did the same for the Neo-Geo core.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, finally got games to run, but when I'm playing with a second controller, the A button doesn't work for him (gamecube controller). I have it set with the defaults and everything... And I'm using wiimote btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: