Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@sion thanks I'll try qrev (never heard of it) to see how it is. Tyrquake is very nice but I don't feel like playing it with those controls

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lots of crashes.
New QuickNes emu is very unstable, some CPS2 Games crash.
Palletes for know problem games still not fixed for FBA. ( prehistoric isle )
I like the new GUI layout
Resolutions other that 640 x 480 are not scalable.
Would be nice if they would add a resolution for the wii's 720x480 output.
Really bad framerate detoriation for some games on snes GX NEXT.
Romfolder cannot be set per core only global ( meant to be? )

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can look up and down in tyrquake by holding X button (gamecube and classic controller) and moving analog stick up and down.

How do you configure a hold button + press button?
I have X to look up, and B to look down, A to fire, hold R to strafe, L to jump, Y to next weapon (I'm short of buttons for previous weapon :P), but your config seems way more comfortable.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quake runs like a dream but, controls need somewhat getting used to.

Changing input to classsic control once,while having only Wiimote connected, results is not being able to change the controls back to wiimote on some emulators.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
@originalhamster
That control setup was the default config for gamecube and classic controller but I can post my config file later if need it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My isseus are for users that want to report on the official site.
I cannot bother anymore.
And still I am unable to load .FDS images.
I really miss the scaling function for the overscan problems in FBA.
Seems that 640 x 448 gives the best picture withou oversan for almost all emu's.
Looks like a small miscalculation from the devs team , as the border in gui is the exact size of the overscanned lines.
In other words the outputted screensize is to high. 640 x 488 fixes it but, you have no scaling options for any other resolution than 640 x 480. Sucks big time.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And still I am unable to load .FDS images.
I really miss the scaling function for the overscan problems in FBA.
Seems that 640 x 448 gives the best picture withou oversan for almost all emu's.
Looks like a small miscalculation from the devs team , as the border in gui is the exact size of the overscanned lines.
In other words the outputted screensize is to high. 640 x 488 fixes it but, you have no scaling options for any other resolution than 640 x 480. Sucks big time.

I doubt they'd want to change that back unless someone can present a good case in a friendly fashion ;)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps, but I like that...I like that idea a lot! :P

What would be a good way to word that though? That is the question.
Really hard to NOT upset some of the devs of retroarch, even when we mean it well.
They are like stressed out or something...well I'm off lighting a bong.
Then I will be enjoying Retro'arse' a bit more.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hard to NOT upset some of the devs of retroarch, even when we mean it well.
They are like stressed out or something...well I'm off lighting a bong.
Then I will be enjoying Retro'arse' a bit more.

I asked already, BUT he seemed to confused at my wording, but hardly upset. I showed him screenshots of what the aspect ratio looks like, hope to hear back.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Custom ratio works fine here. You can adjust top-left and bottom-right corners of your screen to your liking. Just make sure you have Integer Scale set to OFF before it.

However, on RA 9.9.8 I used the core provided ratio with overscan, because in FBA not every game is in 4:3. So I'd rather have the overscan feature back, but it's not a big problem.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@tetsuo shima
Music is not possible with tyrquake on original quake game if anyone remembers the original game cd had Nine Inch Nails and Trent audio tracks. The developers of tyrquake are not interested in supporting audio tracks in mp3/ogg format as they stated it is very low on their priorities. If you want to use the sound track in mp3/ogg format in the game try qrev emulator on wii. Music works on that for me plus slightly better control system. I've read that music is possible on tyrquake with the mission packs because the music was stored in the pak files (perhaps we'll find out if ever get them working on retroarch).
I tried qrevpak, but I find it far worse than tyrquake, it has many, many problems. It doesn't work on my USB drive, playing with IR controls is nearly impossible and with Classic Controller the camera doesn't stay centered. Also, for some reason I had to remove the sound tracks to make it work (I closely followed the instructions, but it made the game crash on start).
Squarepusher on his forum said that he's going to add support for audio files and right stick with Classic controller in the future. So I'd rather wait for that. In the meantime I got used to tyrquake controls, they're not perfect but the game can be played nonetheless.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
That will be great if tyrquake could use mission packs. Still can't get it to work; can anybody? Qrevpak can play quake, quake 2, mission packs for both, quake world and soundtracks all fine from sd card plus wiimote works as aiming device.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Qrevpak gas some nice features sure, but it is way too dark in gl mode and most importantly, it's controls are pretty bad as Tetsuo Shima says. I use it for Q2, but only cause i have no other options on Wii atm for those games.
I use Quake GX 0.04 for Quake 1 and it's 2 expansions, looks fine and controls like a dream with IR. If only sth similar was available for Quake 2 and it's expansions...

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah QuakeGX IR controls are awesome! Just some little graphical glitches with lightings and water... tyrquake with GX's controls would be perfect:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM