• Views 16,623
  • Replies 68
  • Likes 6

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Couldn't be fucked writing out my own instructions, but if you follow the guide in this guide you should be able to recover your saves without issue.

The title id you're looking for the U.S. MHU is 00040000000AE400.

If for some reason you're using a Euro 3DS it's 00040000000B1D00.

For future reference title IDs can be found here.
But why does or should this work? I thought there's still the encryption-problem with savegames on >6.x-devices transferred to Gateway? I read that Gateway only supports savegames from retail cards on classic mode.

thtl1999

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i did same thing with my game. and the problem is not about ID. my game say the save file is corrupted and start with new save file.
i also tried matching the size of save file. gateway uses 512kb and the restored from my card is 128kb. i overwrite first 128kb in 512kb with hexeditor.
the game does not require 7.x encryption.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can vouch for dumping MH3U save in the gatway menu works.

1. dump MH3U game in Gateway Menu
2. dump MH3U save in Gateway Menu
3. rename the save to title ID (00040000000B1D00 I believe for EU)
4. rename the rom extension to .3dz if you want (not sure if it makes a difference for local play/WiiU usage)
5. start the game on the gateway card and your save it there!

Oh and I think gateway is capital sensitive so make sure its .sav and not .SAV
------------------------

What about savegames?
- Game cartridge using 6.x keyY played in SysNAND will not be compatible after downgrade to 4.5 SysNAND. (different encryption)
- Game cartridge using 6.x KeyY played in emuNAND will not work on downgraded console's EmuNAND (Classic mode emuNAND use correct Savegame KeyY on 9.x)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/

This guide says it's impossible to use the saves and you say it's possible. What's true now?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a retail Super Smash Bros. 3DS game cartridge. I have tried to launch it through emuNAND classic mode, however it said that the save data is corrupted. First thing I'm hoping is that it hasn't already overwritten it, second is that shouldn't this be working...? I have downgraded the system, however.

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
------------------------

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/

This guide says it's impossible to use the saves and you say it's possible. What's true now?

Well I actually did it so.. I'm on 9.2 and have a legit mh3u cartridge, and I wanted it in .3d(s/z) format so I wouldn't have to carry different cartridges and reboot to sysnand each time.. so I backed up my ROM and save and it worked

I can't manage to get Smash Bros 3DS working though.. (with my legit cart/save) to rom

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
I just backed up Fire Emblem Awakening and that was fine

For games that don't work are there any tools to decrypt/convert them to work with Gateway? (I have zero knowledge about this >_<)

---

Tried Star Fox 64 and NSMB 2 but both have 128kb sav files so no luck there

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

4. rename the rom extension to .3dz if you want (not sure if it makes a difference for local play/WiiU usage)

This is in line with my results, as MH3U has FW 4.4.0E on board, and wouldn't use >6.x save encryption. There is nothing stopping it from working in theory, as long as the save size is 512kb.

abc537

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to post about this since I have a huge issue as well.
I dumped the save and the game from Super Mario 3D Land retail cartridge using the GW Menu after doing the browser exploit in 9.2. I got a 128kb save as well as a .3ds file for the game. However, in doing so, my retail cartridge now has seemingly erased/corrupted my save files so it loads up as a fresh game.

Looking for a way to get the save working on a Gateway.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to post about this since I have a huge issue as well.
I dumped the save and the game from Super Mario 3D Land retail cartridge using the GW Menu after doing the browser exploit in 9.2. I got a 128kb save as well as a .3ds file for the game. However, in doing so, my retail cartridge now has seemingly erased/corrupted my save files so it loads up as a fresh game.

Looking for a way to get the save working on a Gateway.

Now that shouldn't happen. Did you try restoring the save to the cartridge? (Eventually backup the save from the SD before doing so)

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I cannot play Smash Bros or Zelda: Link Between Worlds retail carts on my downgraded system - both appear to have 6+ encryption.

I eventually restored my sysNAND to 9.2 and my retail carts worked again. After installing savedatafiler it became obvious that I couldn't use that to decrypt saves because it won't work in classic mode.

As the link above suggests, I found mention on MaxConsole forums of someone working on a decryption program, but no link.

What are the options for solving this problem? At the moment I am happy to stay on 9.2 to keep my saves, but if I could transfer and downgrade I would.

Lastly, we should make a list of retail games that do this. I add the two above to the list.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I cannot play Smas Bros or Link Between Worlds retail carts on my downgraded system - both appear to have 6+ encryption.

I eventually restored my sysNAND to 9.2 and my retail carts worked again. After installing savedatafiler it became obvious that I couldn't use that to decrypt saves because it won't work in classic mode.

As the link above suggests, I found mention on MaxConsole forums of someone working on a decryption program, but no link.

What are the options for solving this problem? At the moment I am happy to stay on 9.2 to keep my saves, but if I could transfer and downgrade I would.

Lastly, we should make a list of retail games that do this. I add the two above to the list.

You can add Pokemon Y to that list....

I had sysnand 4.2 + emunand 9.4, and my Pokemon Y retail cartridge doesn't work in GW classic mode (it said save was corrupt)

But when i restored my sysnand to 9.2, the cartridge worked again

I haven't tried dumping the game yet, my SD card is only 4 gb so i have to clear some room first ....

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'm a little confused with what have been said so I'd like to know. Did anybody used to play on retails cartridges (poke X/Y specifically) on the classic mode before the 3.0 update (if i remember well it meant using a 6.x encryption save) and is still able to access their save now on the new version or did you loose your save? I'd like to be sure before upgrading my gateway to the new version that i'm not gonna loose everything. Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I looked almost everywhere, but I cant find a clear solution to this problem.
Played Pokemon X on Sysnand 9.x on a retail game card. Now I want it to play as ROM/CIA with my save.
I can't get it to work.

I dumped my cadridge and tried running it. After renaming the ROM to *.3DZ the game itself works, but the save does not. It says "corrupted save"
I own a sky3ds too, but I can't dump card1 saves with gateway (Error: FFFFFFFF) and the save files from sky3ds are also encrypted (like original ones).

I have no idea how to decrypt sysnand/ofw9.x card1 or card2 saves.

Reactions: Liberty

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I cannot play Smash Bros or Zelda: Link Between Worlds retail carts on my downgraded system - both appear to have 6+ encryption.

At the moment, the only option is to stay on sysnand 9.x if you want to continue playing the games. We need a fix from gateway. There is currently no way to use <512kb or >6.x encrypted dumped saves.

You can add Pokemon Y to that list....

I had sysnand 4.2 + emunand 9.4, and my Pokemon Y retail cartridge doesn't work in GW classic mode (it said save was corrupt)

But when i restored my sysnand to 9.2, the cartridge worked again

I haven't tried dumping the game yet, my SD card is only 4 gb so i have to clear some room first ....

Dumping the game will get you your save, but it won't work because >6.x encrypted saves won't decrypt properly in Gateway mode.

Hi,

I'm a little confused with what have been said so I'd like to know. Did anybody used to play on retails cartridges (poke X/Y specifically) on the classic mode before the 3.0 update (if i remember well it meant using a 6.x encryption save) and is still able to access their save now on the new version or did you loose your save? I'd like to be sure before upgrading my gateway to the new version that i'm not gonna loose everything. Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

You won't lose anything. The issues arise when you:
  • Downgrade from 9.x to 4.x or vice-versa (retail saves using >6.x encrpytion show as corrupt)
  • Try to load a dumped save in Gateway mode
I looked almost everywhere, but I cant find a clear solution to this problem.
Played Pokemon X on Sysnand 9.x on a retail game card. Now I want it to play as ROM/CIA with my save.
I can't get it to work.

I dumped my cadridge and tried running it. After renaming the ROM to *.3DZ the game itself works, but the save does not. It says "corrupted save"
I own a sky3ds too, but I can't dump card1 saves with gateway (Error: FFFFFFFF) and the save files from sky3ds are also encrypted (like original ones).

I have no idea how to decrypt sysnand/ofw9.x card1 or card2 saves.
The error is normal behavior because it's a card 2 game. You get the corrupted save because dumped saves using >6.x encryption don't work in gateway mode, which is what this thread is about. The solution is to play the retail cart on sysnand or classic mode, until GW fixes Gateway mode.

Reactions: 0bvious

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.5 3DS XL, but my son has a later-purchased one that he updated to 9.2. Yesterday I got 3.0.1 working on his 3ds with my Gateway card. The update to the card itself forced me to update my Launcher.dat to the 3.0.1, but my sysNAND is still 4.5. Will I have an issue with saved retail games now? I don't have any saved games I care about right now but was planning on borrowing his Zelda:ALBTW cart.

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Were you able to play locally and transfer your save to MH3U on the Wii U?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What has the SysNAND-version to do with the EmuNAND-version, I really don't understand.

I didn't understand it at first, but it turns out Emunand and Sysnand are in fact related, even if they are unlinked.

When I tried to play Pokemon Y retail cartridge on downgraded sysnand 4.2 + emunand 9.4 classic mode, it said the save file was corrupt

It was only when i restored my sysnand to 9.2 that I could play the cartridge again (from emunand 9.4 classic mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh can we use AI to crack passwords faster?