DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So what's the best emunand version to use when on 4.5 sysnand?

For the moment i have sysnand 4.5 with emunand 9.4, so far i have no issues for how i use my 3DS.
I play original gamecarts in classic mode and have so far no issues with games/saves
I even use my Sky3DS in emunand classic mode, it let's me update some games i have on it and only had to do that 1 time.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, brand new to the Gateway community, a true green with my 9.2 firmware.

Your FAQ says any XL or LL can be downgraded including special editions, I just wanted to make sure thats true. I have a japanese LL that came with 6.2 and wanted to double check it was safe to downgrade past what it originally came with.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the best emunand version to use when on 4.5 sysnand?

For the moment i have sysnand 4.5 with emunand 9.4, so far i have no issues for how i use my 3DS.
I play original gamecarts in classic mode and have so far no issues with games/saves
I even use my Sky3DS in emunand classic mode, it let's me update some games i have on it and only had to do that 1 time.
As I understand it there should be problems with your retail carts if they use the 6.0 encryption. You must only be using carts with the old encryption.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to method:

1- use retail cartridge with a 4.5.0 update

2- use a ROM with a 4.5.0 update, and NO emuNAND partition.
But Gateway is spoofing the update, so in order to trigger the update prompt you need to disable the spoofing.
go to NDS profile, launch it and keep pressed Dpad UP (like when you press L to enter the gateway menu, but here it's UP).
the ROM will ask you to update.

the underlined part is clear, no? what didn't you understand so I can write is better?
or maybe you tried and it didn't work?

Thanks I understand now, you just use an sd-card but without emunand created on it and the run the rom on FW 4.3.0 but press up on the NDS Profile to activate the update. Thanks got it :)
You have two methods:

1- use retail cartridge with a 4.5.0 update

2- use a ROM with a 4.5.0 update, and NO emuNAND partition.
But Gateway is spoofing the update, so in order to trigger the update prompt you need to disable the spoofing.
go to NDS profile, launch it and keep pressed Dpad UP (like when you press L to enter the gateway menu, but here it's UP).
the ROM will ask you to update.

the underlined part is clear, no? what didn't you understand so I can write is better? When I say "use Gateway", I imply to use a ROM, or else you could just use a cartridge without GW.
or maybe you tried and it didn't work?
I have tried this pressing up on NDS it asks to update to 4.5.0 with Luigis Mansion 2, it updates but does not update the system nand its still on 4.3.0?. How do you disable spoofing or does this not work with v3 GW launcher? Somethings wrong.

Edit: Damn, it looks like once you have updated your red card with GW v3 you cannot do it, I tried with 2.7 launcher boot it wont boot into GW mode anymore it just asks you for your GW card or press A to go back :( Nevermind I will just leave it on 4.3.0, its not that major important or like you say buy a LM retail. Thanks m8 for your good help ;)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

< means less than. A firmware less than 9.2 would exclude the current highest firmware version of 9.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0-20, where as 9.3 includes that version, but not 9.3.0, which is unsupported.

If she had said <=9.3, she would be worth correcting, but she didn't.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think were talking about something completely different. I basically want to know if I can dump my legit games to ROMs and still use the savegames afterwards. I read that's usually not possible because a legit >6.x-system uses another savegame-encryption mode in comparison to Gateway in Gateway-mode.
Ah, sorry.
You can dump your cartridge's ROM to a .3ds file.
You can dump your Cartridge's save data to a .sav file.
The extracted .sav will work with the ROM if your game is not using the 6.x key. If it use 6.x and you played the cartridge on RealNAND then the encryption will be different with the ROM.
But keep your save and cartridge's data, Gateway team said they were working on Savegame solution. it might be possible in the future to convert saves from one key to another, or play decrypted one, etc. (just assumption, but it's probably what will be possible).

A question: Why we have to hold L at the startup of gateway exploit?
To enter the Gateway menu.
But if you don't have the Gateway card inserted, I think it always boot to the menu instead of auto-booting into Gateway ROM mode, so you don't need to press L.

How can I get the EmuNAND to update? I have a bit of a strange set up here because I don't have a Gateway card: 9.2 on the SysNAND (so I can play my newer titles) and 4.2 on the EmuNAND (I formatted EmuNAND when my SysNAND was downgraded to 4.2.) I'm trying to use A Link Between Worlds, but it lets me play the game without having to update EmuNAND to 6.x or 7.x. I also tried wiping all save data from the cart but it still let me go straight to playing the game. I also tried the same things with Mario and Luigi: Dream Team but the same thing happened. Any idea what's wrong?
Why do you want to update?
playing ROM doesn't require an update (maybe only for games requiring 7.x).
but as long as you don't have a game which asks you to update, there's no interest in doing it.

If you want to update to access eshop, you can do it online :
- Launch emuNAND, setup wifi settings
- for security : exit EmuNAND, disable Wifi settings on SysNAND. That way you are sure only EmuNAND have internet access and you won't update SysNAND by mistake. (disable Wifi on SysNAND only after you setup Wifi on EmuNAND)
- Re-run EmuNAND
- Go to settings : Check you see "GW3D"... DO NOT EXIT Settings.
- Go to update menu, update from online, it will update your EmuNAND.

I will lose my previous emuNAND if I format sysNAND?
Format sysNAND or Prepare EmuNAND?
Formarting SysNAND is done from official console's settings, it doesn't touch EmuNAND.
Prepare EmuNAND is doing from Gateway Menu, it replace your existing emuNAND partition with a new backup.

You can use EmuNANDTool (on windows) to backup/restore EmuNAND partitions.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i give a mod incorrect GW advice and it bricks their 3DS, will i get banned
Of course! :evil:

All users know that there's a brick risk, everybody should act by his own ... (you know, not putting the cause on someone else. Damn, I'm getting old, I don't find words I want)
even if giving bad advice, the user should triple check before doing something. or wait a little until other users confirm or say not do follow your advice.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded my 9.2 to 4.2 with no gateway (which shocked the hell out of me), now all i need to do is get cfw working...

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i asked gateway :

Do you think it will be possible to downgrade my 2ds from 9.2 to a fake
firmware 4.5 to get the ds profil exploit instead of webkit ?

Answer :

not immediately but in the future we are working on it.

mailto:[email protected]

--

Miney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded my 9.2 to 4.5 EUR, sadly my R4 only supports 4.4, so no CFW :cry:
Hopefully Gateway team will add earlier Eur versions :unsure:
Update message showed up once, then disappeared :lol:

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
So, guys, tell me if I'm mistaken. I'm getting my first GW in a few days.
These are the steps I have to make in order to have 4.5 sysNAND and 9.4 emuNAND, right?

1) go to gateway site and select downloads
2) download my 3DS REGION and the latest ULTRA Public Beta files
3) place .DG and launcher.dat on my 3DS SD card
4) load gateway exploit through BROWSER menu
5) hold L as soon as bottom screen turns white
6) backup my sysNAND
7) at Gateway menu scroll right to downgrade selection
8) follow on screen prompts
9) that's it, I put my sysNAND in my PC
Now I install the OMEGA 2.7 exploit and that's it?
After I end doing the downgrade I just turn off the 3DS and try to install the 2.7?
Is there anything else that I have to do? (Anything that is not in the list I put but is important)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Now I install the OMEGA 2.7 exploit and that's it?
After I end doing the downgrade I just turn off the 3DS and try to install the 2.7?
Is there anything else that I have to do? (Anything that is not in the list I put but is important)

I'm ignoring the rest, but why would anyone think they now need to downgrade their flash cart to the 2.7 version of the launcher?
Stay on 3.0.1, no reason not to.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'm ignoring the rest, but why would anyone think they now need to downgrade their flash cart to the 2.7 version of the launcher?
Stay on 3.0.1, no reason not to.

Maybe because I don't quite understand?
Instead of answering with a queastion treating me like an ignorant (wich I am and I never said otherwise), you could just said "Yeah, no dude, no need to do that".
Thanks anyway. Still waiting for a proper answer on the rest of the question.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Maybe because I don't quite understand?
Instead of answering with a queastion treating me like an ignorant (wich I am and I never said otherwise), you could just said "Yeah, no dude, no need to do that".
Thanks anyway. Still waiting for a proper answer on the rest of the question.

You're applying that tone to my post yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou